Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the last 2 rounds of camera upgrade invites, and if the timing holds, hopefully we should see another round this week or early next. Let’s hope the timing holds up…
Maybe... I got my invite on 12/1 but still no cams in sight... my appointment keeps getting pushed.
Yesterday I was checking what cameras they're waiting for, thinking maybe they're waiting for the new B-pillar with NFCs and I suggested the acceptable alternative.
Also wanted to confirm the correct inline triple (still haven't seen the invoice with p/n)
Well, this is all the reply I got.
"No ETA" and my appt is on the 12th, so it will probably get pushed again ... and btw the B-pillar are forward facing... so who knows

Attachments

• IMG_5964.PNG
    IMG_5964.PNG
    460.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5965.PNG
    IMG_5965.PNG
    371.7 KB · Views: 55
10.8 pushed to retrofits on 12/29 so you may have just missed the initial push.

I venture anyone who got their camera upgrade after 12/29 will still be waiting for the next round of beta pushes. Patience friends!
I got my camera upgrade with the "B" triple-camera on December 16th and did not get beta software yet. Was pushed 44.25.2. 98 Safety Score over thousands of miles (very frequent driver). Was one of the very first camera invites and still waited over a month for the actual parts to come in. Literally checked every box to qualify but waiting on the whims of the software gods I presume...

Reactions: Dr Doom
Have an appointment tomorrow for my camera upgrade. Verified the proper parts are on the estimate. For people that have been cancelled on did they cancel before you drove out to the service center or did anyone get cancelled on/told parts aren’t there once they arrived at the service center. Hoping I’m not wasting a trip driving down.

I got my camera upgrade with the "B" triple-camera on December 16th and did not get beta software yet. Was pushed 44.25.2. 98 Safety Score over thousands of miles (very frequent driver). Was one of the very first camera invites and still waited over a month for the actual parts to come in. Literally checked every box to qualify but waiting on the whims of the software gods I presume...

This is a bit concerning, you definitely should have received it. Maybe just maybe they only allowed 100s and 99s from our group? That’s my only guess.

Maybe... I got my invite on 12/1 but still no cams in sight... my appointment keeps getting pushed.
Yesterday I was checking what cameras they're waiting for, thinking maybe they're waiting for the new B-pillar with NFCs and I suggested the acceptable alternative.
Also wanted to confirm the correct inline triple (still haven't seen the invoice with p/n)
Well, this is all the reply I got.
"No ETA" and my appt is on the 12th, so it will probably get pushed again ... and btw the B-pillar are forward facing... so who knows
I also asked my Service Center about the alternate B pillar parts because they're waiting on the ones with NFCs & they said the older part is not available.
Have an appointment tomorrow for my camera upgrade. Verified the proper parts are on the estimate. For people that have been cancelled on did they cancel before you drove out to the service center or did anyone get cancelled on/told parts aren’t there once they arrived at the service center. Hoping I’m not wasting a trip driving down.
I remember at least one person in this thread complaining about arriving at the SC only to be told that parts have not arrived. Our SCs here in MN are very proactive about canceling appointments if parts haven't arrive. In my experience & what I've heard from other local owners who are waiting like we are, the SCs here will cancel the appt about 3 business days before the appt if parts have not all arrived. They just change the appt & you get an email with your new appt time.

Reactions: Daveb25
I also asked my Service Center about the alternate B pillar parts because they're waiting on the ones with NFCs & they said the older part is not available.

I remember at least one person in this thread complaining about arriving at the SC only to be told that parts have not arrived. Our SCs here in MN are very proactive about canceling appointments if parts haven't arrive. In my experience & what I've heard from other local owners who are waiting like we are, the SCs here will cancel the appt about 3 business days before the appt if parts have not all arrived. They just change the appt & you get an email with your new appt time.
I always reach out to my service center the day before an appointment and have them validate that all necessary parts have been received.

Folks need to state which MCU they have . It would be interesting to see if those not getting FSD Beta have MCU 1. I know we were told the MCU doesn't matter, but we were also told the cameras didn't matter. That changed.
New MCU. Paid for that at the higher cost, too (I believe they've since reduced the price... I had the new MCU put in when they first started doing them). Upgraded FSD chips, upgraded cameras. 2017 Model X P100D with just shy of 100K miles. As I said, really no reason why I shouldn't be on the beta yet but I'll see what the next rollout brings. If that doesn't work I'll try reaching out somewhere?

@monkeyhouse2
I feel blessed that the software gods must have smiled on me, after all. I got my FSD Beta on 12/30/21, at the Superior SC, while getting tires and just a few hours before the SC burned and closed down indefinitely.
Whew!

I had a very pleasant and successful camera upgrade performed at the Princeton, NJ service center yesterday. (I received the auto-invite on 11/9 and booked the appointment minutes after receiving the invite.)

Some less-than-kind individual checking in next to me was going all Karen on the poor Tesla SC manager about a rock chip (clearly not a factory defect), acting like a child, and it was incredibly awkward. I felt bad for the manager and tried to give him the "I'm sorry you have to deal with folks like this" look.

When I checked in, I congratulated the entire team on an amazing Q4 and 2021 performance and thanked them for taking our car for the camera upgrade when they were clearly slammed with lots of damaged cars after recent bad weather. While Karen walked away with Uber vouchers, they just "happened" to have a red Model 3 loaner for me, which was incredibly helpful as I had a bunch of errands to run I otherwise would've had to postpone. Maybe good things come to those who don't act like a total jackass?

Anyway, long story short, according to the SC manager, this was the first AP2 camera upgrade they performed and while they had the car for the entire day, I think it was probably only a few hours for the actual work, but they warned me it could've been overnight if they ran into issues (they didn't). They appeared to have gone on ~13 mile highway drive out/back (according to TeslaMate logs) post camera upgrade and I did not have any calibration period when I got back in the car; AutoPilot was immediately available.

I logged the part numbers on the spreadsheet, but to sum, my "invoice" noted the -B variant for the triple cams, -A for the repeaters, and -G for the "applique" assembly. I also see colors are more color-y on the dashcam videos.

Vehicle firmware remained on 2021.44.25.2
(I don't care what you say, I friggin love Sonic the Hedgehog and was instantly transported back to my youth. Fight me.)

We only have a 97 Safety Score, which I will work to get up to 98+ over the coming days in hopes we may end up in the next round of FSD 10.9.

July 2017 MS 100D with MCU2 and AP3 chip, now RCCB cams.