Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just dropped mine off and they told me car might not be done until Friday because of staff shortages. Amazingly they were able to give me a loaner as well. My wife was almost there to drive me home but saves her a trip back and gives us a car for the couple of days it will be gone.
For people who got loaners, did you have to ask before you showed up? thanks.

I got my camera upgrade with the "B" triple-camera on December 16th and did not get beta software yet. Was pushed 44.25.2. 98 Safety Score over thousands of miles (very frequent driver). Was one of the very first camera invites and still waited over a month for the actual parts to come in. Literally checked every box to qualify but waiting on the whims of the software gods I presume...
Sorry about the wait. That really stinks. I hope you get the invite soon with everyone else for 10.9 FSD Beta.

Reactions: scarelli
I always do, generally asking for "next available when a loaner is available as well". Haven't been turned down yet, but it's fortunately also not a frequent occurrence. Definitely catch more with honey and simply asking nicely.
I always ask, telling them that our Model S is our only car & my wife uses it daily for her small business. In my experience they won't usually commit until the afternoon before the appointment. They have not always provided a loaner, but most of the time. We've never gotten a 3, only super old Model Ses that are usually pre-AP or AP1 with the nosecone.

For people who got loaners, did you have to ask before you showed up? thanks.
I typically have asked before the appointment and have gotten a model s loaner every time. This time I didn’t want to risk the camera appointment getting cancelled so I didn’t bother asking and assumed I wouldn’t get one. Didn’t want to use the Uber voucher alternative because we have a 7 week old baby and the pandemic which is why my wife was coming to pick me up there.

I'm not quite sure how to get a dash cam clip, but I've attached a cellphone camera pic from my screenView attachment 750591
I believe RCCC only shows reddish or tealish or grayish colors, so your picture showing pretty clear blues and yellow lines probably means it's RCCB camera. Could you verify the part number from the part itself even though your invoice listed 1089531-00-C?

Here's an example of a blue car turning green/tealish with RCCC repeater camera (vs rear RGGB):
blue rear.jpgteal repeater.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Looks like I’m getting my car back tomorrow without the cameras installed. Asked the SC to make sure they had them when I dropped the car off and my service advisor said yes. Got an email at the end of business that I have a new service appointment for February 2nd. Guess I’ll be picking my car up tomorrow with nothing done. Wish I could have just turned around if they didn’t have the cameras instead of wasting two days since now I have to go back to pick the car up.

Looks like I’m getting my car back tomorrow without the cameras installed. Asked the SC to make sure they had them when I dropped the car off and my service advisor said yes. Got an email at the end of business that I have a new service appointment for February 2nd. Guess I’ll be picking my car up tomorrow with nothing done. Wish I could have just turned around if they didn’t have the cameras instead of wasting two days since now I have to go back to pick the car up.

This is ridiculous. I’m sorry you had to waste your time. Tesla communication is getting worse by the minute.

I believe RCCC only shows reddish or tealish or grayish colors, so your picture showing pretty clear blues and yellow lines probably means it's RCCB camera. Could you verify the part number from the part itself even though your invoice listed 1089531-00-C?

Here's an example of a blue car turning green/tealish with RCCC repeater camera (vs rear RGGB):
View attachment 752377View attachment 752378
I couldn't get the second camera cover off to verify the p/n of the triple cameras. I'll try another SvC when I'm back home to verify the number. The SvC that installed the replacement cameras insisted that they installed the correct assembly and wouldn't recheck. I did have a very early Nov 18, 2021 camera upgrade and I'll bet it was before clear factory guidance was provided. Good news is I've had FSD Beta 10.8 for the last week and it appears to work fine, at least as good as any of the YouTube Beta testers. So I'm more than happy at least for now.

Reactions: dogldogl
I couldn't get the second camera cover off to verify the p/n of the triple cameras. I'll try another SvC when I'm back home to verify the number. The SvC that installed the replacement cameras insisted that they installed the correct assembly and wouldn't recheck. I did have a very early Nov 18, 2021 camera upgrade and I'll bet it was before clear factory guidance was provided. Good news is I've had FSD Beta 10.8 for the last week and it appears to work fine, at least as good as any of the YouTube Beta testers. So I'm more than happy at least for now.
Fastest way to verify is to just look at some of the dashcam and/or sentry video...

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I submitted a work request to install the new RCCC cameras. Today, the SC texted me, they are supply constrained and inviting people in for the new cameras. AND, the invitation is dependent on a high "safety score". (Ridiculous.) I replied that when I spent $7,000 for FSD and another $2500 for MCU2 to run it, there was no condition of "Safety score" and I take exception and resent this condition imposed after the facts. I had also included the latch recall in the work order, and cancelled it since they won't do the cameras.

And I shared, I don't really care about FSD Beta at this time. Let someone else find the problems. I wanted the new cameras because the new RCCC cameras are necessary to get the Sentry Live View feature.

Full Disclosure. I bought new AP3.0 RCCC cameras a year ago and replaced my 2.0 with 3.0 cameras. I've done write up here and posted videos in another thread. The cameras were a big improvement. I have already had them, but the Sentry Live View is not available until (somehow) SC has performed the work, the car's interrogated for new cameras so, the car gets the Sentry Live View firmware. Mine does not have Sentry Live View until they ordain it.

In anticipation of the SC installing RCCC cameras, I removed my AP3.0 cameras and put my AP2.0 cameras back on, so they would not object or decline to do the work/enable Sentry Live View (which they have done something like this to me before).

Reactions: pilotSteve
I submitted a work request to install the new RCCC cameras. Today, the SC texted me, they are supply constrained and inviting people in for the new cameras. AND, the invitation is dependent on a high "safety score". (Ridiculous.) I replied that when I spent $7,000 for FSD and another $2500 for MCU2 to run it, there was no condition of "Safety score" and I take exception and resent this condition imposed after the facts. I had also included the latch recall in the work order, and cancelled it since they won't do the cameras.

And I shared, I don't really care about FSD Beta at this time. Let someone else find the problems. I wanted the new cameras because the new RCCC cameras are necessary to get the Sentry Live View feature.

Full Disclosure. I bought new AP3.0 RCCC cameras a year ago and replaced my 2.0 with 3.0 cameras. I've done write up here and posted videos in another thread. The cameras were a big improvement. I have already had them, but the Sentry Live View is not available until (somehow) SC has performed the work, the car's interrogated for new cameras so, the car gets the Sentry Live View firmware. Mine does not have Sentry Live View until they ordain it.

In anticipation of the SC installing RCCC cameras, I removed my AP3.0 cameras and put my AP2.0 cameras back on, so they would not object or decline to do the work/enable Sentry Live View (which they have done something like this to me before).
Vertical screen (Legacy) cars will never get live Sentry view, doesn't matter what cameras you have.

Not to be a d*** but you just bothered the service center and made them feel bad all because you weren’t knowledgeable enough to know that even if you get the RCCB** (not RCCC like you said) cameras you still will not get sentry live view. The camera upgrade is simply for FSD.

In the future consider making sure you know your sugar before you pile it onto the nice service center folks doing their best to resolve an unresolvable issue.

After messaging the service center they said they should be able to get the cameras and have them installed by mid next week so I can keep the loaner and not make additional trips out there. Though I’d much rather be driving my p100d than this model 3 I am happy they were able to do that and save me additional drives to the sc.

Reactions: Lowchrg
I wanted the new cameras because the new RCCC cameras are necessary to get the Sentry Live View feature.
But Tesla has specifically said that the Sentry Live View feature isn't for "legacy" Model S/X vehicles:

1641506974858.png

Not even the Blind Spot Camera feature, which I see no reason why it couldn't work.

• Informative
Reactions: dogldogl
Vertical screen (Legacy) cars will never get live Sentry view, doesn't matter what cameras you have.
I think the reason we are not getting these extra features is they just don’t want to devote software development time to the vertical screens anymore. From now on we will find that features will be excluded more and more for the older legacy cars. I think we have enough power in MCU2 but not the resources to move it forward like 3 Y and refresh. Feel sorry for Jan 21 S X who now have old cars. Elon said long ago he always wanted the horizontal screens and they talked him out of it. Well he eventually got his way and we are now legacy. I am fine with that as I just want a camera invite at this point.

I think the reason we are not getting these extra features is they just don’t want to devote software development time to the vertical screens anymore. From now on we will find that features will be excluded more and more for the older legacy cars. I think we have enough power in MCU2 but not the resources to move it forward like 3 Y and refresh. Feel sorry for Jan 21 S X who now have old cars. Elon said long ago he always wanted the horizontal screens and they talked him out of it. Well he eventually got his way and we are now legacy. I am fine with that as I just want a camera invite at this point.
Correct, it’s not a hardware limitation. It’s planned obsolescence.

Reactions: Silicon Desert