Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even those with invites have had their appointments postponed up to a month or more sometimes due to parts unavailability.

Unfortunately I don’t foresee that supply shortage changing any time soon and invites will come *eventually* I’m sure but there’s just no telling how long it could take.

Tesla has made their solution known and don’t seem to care how long it will take since they covered their butts already.
One would think they should either allow those with 98/99/100 Safety Score to schedule the Camera Upgrade (I can't believe there's thaaat many of us that they can't get the parts) or they should have blocked the Safety Score button from AP2.0 owners in the first place (until the Camera Upgrade appointment invitation is ready).

One would think they should either allow those with 98/99/100 Safety Score to schedule the Camera Upgrade (I can't believe there's thaaat many of us that they can't get the parts) or they should have blocked the Safety Score button from AP2.0 owners in the first place (until the Camera Upgrade appointment invitation is ready).

It’s the same situation as the HW3 computer when it was first introduced. It was sent out in waves as parts were available then eventually became as easy as a next day mobile service appointment.

Right now the upgrade hardware is extremely limited and prioritized by Safety Score(allegedly).

So the rollout in my mind should look like this for cam invite priority, soonest to latest:

1. MCU2 + safety score + lifetime FSD
2. MCU2 + lifetime FSD
3. MCU2 + safety score + FSD subscription
4. MCU1 + lifetime FSD
5. MCU1 + FSD subscription

So if you really want to be the first in line and get that invite before the other categories then suggest staying opted in as long as mentally possible.

You still have the option to opt out and try to forget about the upgrade until it becomes available without a safety score but just could be a while.

Reactions: scottf200
I have 99 SS for many weeks and got camera upgrade in early Dec, but it literally took the mobile tech 3 visits to get all the cameras upgraded .. wrong part sent, right part but wrong side sent. Now I am at 100 and waiting for the actual firmware update..

Nice!!!

Looks like a bunch of invites have been sent out. Nothing for me but I upgraded cameras myself and they hopefully can see that from there end so I don’t expect to get one.

I’d be interested to hear of anyone who’s maintaining a safety score but didn’t get a camera invite, hopefully they’re pushing to everyone after getting the time and numbers to prepare logistics.

Reactions: scottf200