Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, probably camera alignment is paramount and only those mobile service teams who has these skills can perform this. I once had mobile service switch out my main tripple cam via mobile service as there was lot of dust inside and I told them I'm comfortable to activate AP with so much dust in the main cam. This was more than 2 years ago
Aligning triple cam not really difficult at all - I do remove it from time to time to clean the dust in front of it and free play is very minimal, which, I suspect, gets adjusted by driving calibration

I was originally scheduled for mobile, but they said since they had to replace my front camera that had to be done at the service center since it is time consuming. If it was just the repeaters, mobile could do it.

Honestly laughable that two plastic cowlings and 8 torx screws is time consuming. The main cam was easier than the repeaters and the pillar cams in my experience.

I’m curious - did they realize they had the wrong parts or did you have to argue with them with the right part numbers? I’m going to be annoyed if they install the same cameras I have now because they “know better”.
Mine was a "faulty" b pillar applique camera. After having 2 appointments for the 1st set of camera's, then this one yesterday, I'm hoping everything is now good to go

Mine says service is complete finally. Can someone please confirm these are indeed the right replacement? I've a 2017MX.

IMG_9257.jpg

I don’t think the triple camera is correct. Should be the “B” camera.
View attachment 757754
But now I’m worried my left B pillar camera is wrong? I got an E instead of F?

There are plenty of pillar part numbers that are compatible, the appliqué glass changes but it’s usually the same camera module on the assembly itself.

Main triple cam is a problem though for anyone with C installed. That’s what came out of my AP2 model S.

Cameras upgraded last week. Have a 99 safety score over past month. See a new software version to install. Get excited. See it’s 2021.44.30.8. Extremely disappointed 😭. Dunno what else I can do to get into the beta and get rid of this annoying safety score.

Pay attention to TeslaFi and don’t get excited until you start seeing cars getting beta that weren’t previously on beta. Right now there is ZERO new testers being let in even for Model 3/Y, it’s not just you.

whats the expected one? INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3 1120520-00-B?

So I just refuse to take car back? The earliest next appointment showed was in March.
I haven’t been around here much in recent weeks and am amazed this incorrect part crap is still happening. I was one of the first owners in this lengthy thread to get upgraded cameras. If you look back at my posts from early to mid-November you will see that on my first install appointment I asked the service advisor to double check the triple camera part with the parts department. He did so and assured me it was correct, but of course called back later that day with the bad news. The correct triple camera was installed a week or two later.

I suggest that everyone make sure they plug in a thumb drive and view dash cam clips after install. If you have the wrong triple, it will be severely color-limited compared to the other new cameras.

Last edited:
Pay attention to TeslaFi and don’t get excited until you start seeing cars getting beta that weren’t previously on beta. Right now there is ZERO new testers being let in even for Model 3/Y, it’s not just you.
Like you, I look at Teslafi. I am not familiar with Teslascope but they tweeted a day or so ago that some new testers were getting beta. If that is so, it must be very few or TeslaFi would concur.