Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a set of videos or instructions to replace the cameras? The side repeaters and triple cam I've found, but nothing about the others.

When I get beta I’ll be doing a video on how to do the full swap DIY. But just want to confirm I get beta first or else others might be wasting their time and money. At this time I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t get beta and Tesla confirmed, but just waiting for it now.

When I get beta I’ll be doing a video on how to do the full swap DIY. But just want to confirm I get beta first or else others might be wasting their time and money. At this time I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t get beta and Tesla confirmed, but just waiting for it now.

Does anyone have a set of videos or instructions to replace the cameras? The side repeaters and triple cam I've found, but nothing about the others.
Here is a vid I did on the cameras talked about the pillars too.
You just need to be patient removing their is some adhesive on them. Once adhesive is free be careful as not to rip out the wire going to camera not much slack.

Is there a way to confirm all parts installed are correct, other than as some mentioned checking the dashcam for video? Can I ask the SvC to show me the parts from their serivce menu on the console?
@tezlaMXRed2017

When I had my camera upgrade on Nov 12th they had the wrong Triple, which I also found out thanks to this TMC group. When Service Center scheduled another replacement the next week I asked them to send me a photo of the replacement camera which had the part # sticker attached to it, and to put my name on the box so no one would take it.

You may want to do the same

Reactions: scarelli
I was fortunate to finally get FSD Beta 10.8 on December 30th. I am happy to have it, especially since all of us Early Adopters struggled with one obstacle after another, and obsessing over our Safety Scores.

However, I have noticed that I have LOST the ability to Smart Summons and also Perpendicular Parking. Granted these features are not all that necessary, but nevertheless I still want the option to use them.

@scarelli and @azred (and anyone else): I think you both got FSD Beta when I did. Would you please check if these features are still operational on your vehicles.

Thanks for your help.

So curious how some of these FSDBeta folks were on such old releases (ie. 36.XX)
GkoPimU.jpg

Where does it tell you how many are new and come from a non beta version?
I put you in the reply above already. If it doesn't have "FSD" beta next to the OTA version (see green box above) then it came from non-beta.

@tezlaMXRed2017

When I had my camera upgrade on Nov 12th they had the wrong Triple, which I also found out thanks to this TMC group. When Service Center scheduled another replacement the next week I asked them to send me a photo of the replacement camera which had the part # sticker attached to it, and to put my name on the box so no one would take it.

You may want to do the same
sigh, good point I'm hoping based on forum replies that cameras are correct. If I dont get FSD I'll go back to SC to confirm. Right now their next availabilities are in mid march :rolleyes:

also @Saxman just curious during your first visit did the invoice say correct part was installed only for them to realize they hadn't? Because in my case after I told them about incorrect part they updated the after service invoice. I'm not sure if they indeed replaced the camera.

I was fortunate to finally get FSD Beta 10.8 on December 30th. I am happy to have it, especially since all of us Early Adopters struggled with one obstacle after another, and obsessing over our Safety Scores.

However, I have noticed that I have LOST the ability to Smart Summons and also Perpendicular Parking. Granted these features are not all that necessary, but nevertheless I still want the option to use them.

@scarelli and @azred (and anyone else): I think you both got FSD Beta when I did. Would you please check if these features are still operational on your vehicles.

Thanks for your help.
Hopefully others can answer your questions. I have never used either feature.

Dropped off my car Monday 17th, and as of end of day Thursday 20th the car has not yet been moved from the overflow parking lot!
It would have been fine if I had a loaner, but this Uber is getting expensive... especially when I could have just been driving my car all week. :mad:
Now I'm getting mad. My car is past the estimated completion time and not only I haven't heard from the SC (I already messaged them twice) but the entire week the car has not even been moved! They haven't done anything yet.

Thanks for your help.
Autopark and smart summon still works for me.. haven’t tried autopark on 10.9 yet…

sigh, good point I'm hoping based on forum replies that cameras are correct. If I dont get FSD I'll go back to SC to confirm. Right now their next availabilities are in mid march :rolleyes:

also @Saxman just curious during your first visit did the invoice say correct part was installed only for them to realize they hadn't? Because in my case after I told them about incorrect part they updated the after service invoice. I'm not sure if they indeed replaced the camera.
@tezlaMXRed2017

Back then I was one of the first to get the Invite. Only after hearing about wrong camera being installed, from this Forum, did I look at my invoice...which showed the wrong part#.

I immediately emailed my SC, and they verified I was correct. After a few days,, they emailed me back that they had the correct camera and scheduled another appt for a week later. This is when I requested a photo of the actual replacement camera with part# label attached. Since my drive from home to SC is 5 hrs round-trip, I impressed upon them the absolute need to VERIFY, since I could not tolerate another wasted trip of that distance.

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24