Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can also put it in autopilot immediately when you see a yellow, trick here is you can not simultaneously engage AP while tapping brakes, as long as autopilot does the hard braking it’s ok. Ridiculous but true. Used this method many times
Hmmm. That seems like it will work. Just opted out. Got my camera invite and got two FCW really fast today and nuked my score. Will opt back in a few days before I get cameras done.

Reactions: Dr Doom
Hmmm. That seems like it will work. Just opted out. Got my camera invite and got two FCW really fast today and nuked my score. Will opt back in a few days before I get cameras done.
I finally clawed my way back to a 98 a few days ago. No FCWs in over a month. Got nailed with FCW on my way home from work yesterday and dropped back down to a 97. I was nowhere near the car in front of me that was stopped ahead. This is so demoralizing. Thanks Tesla for this bull crap safety score *sugar*. Now give me my ****ing FSD Beta you bitches!

I finally clawed my way back to a 98 a few days ago. No FCWs in over a month. Got nailed with FCW on my way home from work yesterday and dropped back down to a 97. I was nowhere near the car in front of me that was stopped ahead. This is so demoralizing. Thanks Tesla for this bull crap safety score *sugar*. Now give me my ****ing FSD Beta you bitches!
Or at least give me the new cameras😬

I just had my camera retrofit appointment a few days ago. Not too happy. I have paint chips and scratches from where the technician was probably struggling to take out the side repeaters. Light scratches about 4 inches long below both B pillars. My weather strip on the door now has a hole in it. The drivers side B pillar has the same water spots and dirt on the glass just as I took it in with. One very minor thing that was skipped was topping off the air in my tires. To me that just shows major lack of basic standard service.

I tried to make a follow up appointment at a different SC but I was referred back to the original one that I went to. I’m not even sure if I got all the cameras swapped. My car’s paint isn’t perfect but it should have scratches and paint chips after service from Tesla.
Wow! This is unacceptable. They can't just damage your car and ignore that they did.

Tesla will most likely have to give me a new car by the time they add newer and newer tech that has no wiring. So far they have been lucky but if they change to much they will be replacing cars rather than cams. I am enjoying the ride w my 2016 October build ms but still waiting to try FSD - got my cam upgrade 9 days ago but still no love

They'd almost assuredly refund you the 3k or so you paid for FSD (assuming early adopter) rather than give you a new car if they finally conclude/admit they can't retrofit existing ones with whatever HW they eventually figure out they need for what was promised to buyers.

Nothing to contribute to this thread but just came here I'm sick of waiting for camera upgrade invite😡

Still no camera invite in sight for many, I still believe less than 20% of eligible cars have been invited for camera upgrades so far. Most of the recent posts in this thread might give a false impression that we are a minority awaiting camera invites.

You can also put it in autopilot immediately when you see a yellow, trick here is you can not simultaneously engage AP while tapping brakes, as long as autopilot does the hard braking it’s ok. Ridiculous but true. Used this method many times
Interesting idea. What I'll do is activate at least TACC when I'm in an area with lights that might change unexpectedly & require hard braking. Then I keep my foot hovering over the accelerator so that I can keep the car going when it needs permission to go through green lights & I can be ready to push the accelerator if the car starts to stop for a yellow light that I want to go through. This has worked well for us. With the old RCCC cameras the car would see yellow lights as red sometimes & start screaming at us for running a red light according to the dash when the light was yellow. With the RCCB cameras I haven't seen a single instance of it confusing yellow for red & I try to watch the dash anytime we see a yellow light to track this. But even with our RCCB cameras & a 100 Safety Score we still haven't been granted FSD Beta.
Exactly! I’ll just have to wait for the original service center to respond to me and see what they have to say. If they don’t own up to the responsibility then I might file a claim through my insurance.
Wouldn't filing a claim through your insurance be a big hassle? You'd have to pay your deductible, it'd be a claim on your record, your rates may go up...

Has anyone recently gotten the fSD beta invite? I am waiting on my invite. got the camera upgrade 3 days ago. 99 safety score.
Curious to know which service center did your upgrade? Also, was it mobile service or at the service center?

I’m scheduled for mobile service on 1/25 (Paramus) but still haven’t received confirmation that the parts are available.

Last edited:
Curious to know which service center did your upgrade? Also, was it mobile service or at the service center?

I’m scheduled for mobile service on 1/25 (Paramus) but still haven’t received confirmation that the parts are available.
I'm also in NJ, when did you receive the invite? Without invite none of the SCs are entertaining any requests even when there's something else which needs to be fixed and the car needs to be in SC

I'm also in NJ, when did you receive the invite? Without invite none of the SCs are entertaining any requests even when there's something else which needs to be fixed and the car needs to be in SC
I live in north jersey and I got the invite for the camera upgrade early December. I ended up doing it just this past week because of covid and family issues. at first they only had the upgrade available at the white plains service center. I couldn't spend a whole day driving out there. And then I saw they offered mobile service.

I have used the paramus service center and it has been a mixed experience.

Reactions: Shateam
Honestly this is the best way… I should have done this.. Get the new cameras… then quickly rack up 100+ miles of 98+ safety score …

Doesn’t seem to matter. It’s been over 25 days since the last rollout to new testers. It’s luck of the draw if you happen to get beta quickly after racking up miles.

Interesting idea. What I'll do is activate at least TACC when I'm in an area with lights that might change unexpectedly & require hard braking. Then I keep my foot hovering over the accelerator so that I can keep the car going when it needs permission to go through green lights & I can be ready to push the accelerator if the car starts to stop for a yellow light that I want to go through. This has worked well for us. With the old RCCC cameras the car would see yellow lights as red sometimes & start screaming at us for running a red light according to the dash when the light was yellow. With the RCCB cameras I haven't seen a single instance of it confusing yellow for red & I try to watch the dash anytime we see a yellow light to track this. But even with our RCCB cameras & a 100 Safety Score we still haven't been granted FSD Beta.

Wouldn't filing a claim through your insurance be a big hassle? You'd have to pay your deductible, it'd be a claim on your record, your rates may go up...
I’ll ask my insurance and see if filing a claim is worth it. If not I can probably buff it out and use paint filler touch up.

I don’t personally see any problem with opting out while waiting for the camera invite.

I had opted out multiple times, and still got the camera invite last week. Hopefully they don’t push out my service appointment due to parts unavailability….

In the mean time, I’m now opted back in, and trying to maintain a 98 or 99 score.

I had to hard brake yesterday when a light abruptly went yellow, and decided to try quickly turning on AP & letting it do the braking. Guess what? It worked like a charm. No ding for the hard brake!