Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t personally see any problem with opting out while waiting for the camera invite.

I had opted out multiple times, and still got the camera invite last week. Hopefully they don’t push out my service appointment due to parts unavailability….

In the mean time, I’m now opted back in, and trying to maintain a 98 or 99 score.

I had to hard brake yesterday when a light abruptly went yellow, and decided to try quickly turning on AP & letting it do the braking. Guess what? It worked like a charm. No ding for the hard brake!
Have you opted out and back in after the Christmas update? Some have said that the Safety Score is still watching and logging even while opted out and score returns not at 100 when opting back in. Can you give any clarification on this? Does safety score start at 100 like is used to before the Christmas update?

Have you opted out and back in after the Christmas update? Some have said that the Safety Score is still watching and logging even while opted out and score returns not at 100 when opting back in. Can you give any clarification on this? Does safety score start at 100 like is used to before the Christmas update?
I’m pretty sure the last time I opted back IN was after the Christmas update. And my score was reset to 100.

Only thing I can confirm is that a thumb wheel reset after a bad driving event occurs no longer deletes the event. You’ll still get the ding on your score.

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
I’m pretty sure the last time I opted back IN was after the Christmas update. And my score was reset to 100.

Only thing I can confirm is that a thumb wheel reset after a bad driving event occurs no longer deletes the event. You’ll still get the ding on your score.
I did opt back in to see what my score would be. I reset to 100. So that trick still works.

• Informative
Reactions: hybridbear
I
Well, I was supposed to get my camera upgrade done next Tuesday via Mobile Service, but Tesla messaged me saying that it had to be done at a SC, and the next appt is not until mid-March. Just great.
Fun update. So after some back and forth with the SC, found out that my Mobile Service appt that was supposed to be tomorrow the 25th, was cancelled and rescheduled to mid-March at a SC because they thought I needed the HW3 and MCU2 upgrade. I told them I had those done a little while ago, and that I surprised they didn’t go back and check. So the agent confirmed that the camera swap could be done by Mobile, except that now, the next available appointment is mid Feb. Go figure.

• Funny
Reactions: Vector2 and KArnold
Fun update. So after some back and forth with the SC, found out that my Mobile Service appt that was supposed to be tomorrow the 25th, was cancelled and rescheduled to mid-March at a SC because they thought I needed the HW3 and MCU2 upgrade. I told them I had those done a little while ago, and that I surprised they didn’t go back and check. So the agent confirmed that the camera swap could be done by Mobile, except that now, the next available appointment is mid Feb. Go figure.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why not take it to a tesla certified body shop, pay out of pocket, and send tesla the bill?
Thank you for pointing out this option. I wouldn’t mind waiting for my follow up appointment so the SC can acknowledge they are at fault and have my paint repaired. I totally can pay out of pocket but I can see myself stressing and wondering if I really will get reimbursed since I’m already being ghosted. There always is small claims court if I really need to go there so I can get reimbursed.

I

Seriously doesn’t Tesla keep records of this electronically. Doesn’t this just make you want to face palm?

Here is my saga with this thing so far:

09/25/2021 - FSD button available
09/25/2021 - Opted in
09/25/2021 - Scheduled mobile appointment for 10/25/2021
10/25/2021 - Camera upgrade appointment cancelled due to no invite
10/25/2021 - Opted out
11/09/2021 - Opted back in
11/09/2021 - Scheduled mobile appointment for 11/16/2021
11/10/2021 - Camera upgrade appointment cancelled due to no invite
12/09/2021 - Camera upgrade invite
12/09/2021 - Scheduled mobile appointment for 12/15/2021
12/15/2021 - Camera upgrade appointment cancelled due to no parts
12/16/2021 - Scheduled mobile appointment for 12/21/2021
12/21/2021 - Mobile appointment rescheduled to service center for 12/30/2021
12/30/2021 - Camera upgrade appointment cancelled due to no parts
12/30/2021 - Opted out
01/24/2022 - Service center camera upgrade appointment - this appointment was actually scheduled by the service center, so hoping all the parts are in

I'm not going to opt back into the FSD Beta until the cameras are actually upgraded. Once new cameras are in, I'm planning to opt back in Wednesday or Thursday before the next FSD roll out to quickly accumulate hundred miles at night for 100 score. Hoping this plan will work.
Yay! My yesterday's appointment went well! Service center was able to get it done in one day and with exception to RH Applique, all proper cameras were installed.

RH Applique installed part number is 1092312-98-C instead of 1092312-98-F listed in the catalog and reported by others, but I think it still ok. Here is complete list of installed camera parts:

1642011-00-A - LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA,RH
1642010-00-A - LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA,LH
1120520-00-B - INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3
1092312-98-C - RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,RH ASSY
1092311-98-F - RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,LH ASSY

I will be opting back into FSD Beta on Thursday if rumored new Beta version rollout, if not, will wait until next week

Yay! My yesterday's appointment went well! Service center was able to get it done in one day and with exception to RH Applique, all proper cameras were installed.

RH Applique installed part number is 1092312-98-C instead of 1092312-98-F listed in the catalog and reported by others, but I think it still ok. Here is complete list of installed camera parts:

1642011-00-A - LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA,RH
1642010-00-A - LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA,LH
1120520-00-B - INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3
1092312-98-C - RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,RH ASSY
1092311-98-F - RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,LH ASSY

I will be opting back into FSD Beta on Thursday if rumored new Beta version rollout, if not, will wait until next week

The pillar appliqués have a lot of revisions to the glass and plastic molded piece but generally they all have the same 1069104-00-D camera module attached to it except the refresh pillars with the NFC hardware attached to the camera itself.

Reactions: Shateam
How do you find the parts number for the camera? Was it on the receipt of the work being done? Thanks.
For me, I received a copy of the invoice prior to the mobile visit. I then verified the listed part numbers against what they were supposed to be as listed by TMC members at this site. When the mobile tech arrived for the install I asked to cross check his part numbers against what they were supposed to be. Every thing checked out.