Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like some one from non-FSD beta group (2021.36.5.1) just got the 10.9 FSD Beta

There has been a small trickle of these but my best guess is they updated their vehicles on the tracking platforms after already being accepted to beta previously but disconnected their vehicle in that time.

If there was *any* wave of new users added, we would know. But the 1 or 2 from previous firmwares are just vehicles refreshing status on the software trackers from what I can tell.

Were you on TACC or driving manually? Did the FCW get counted against you for your Safety Score?
Yes, I was using TAAC. I dropped out of the FSD beta because in a prior trip using TAAC, I had stoplight/stop sign beta turned on. The 2-lane highway I was on had a lot of flashing yellow lights. I was forced to constantly press the accelerator or pull on the stalk. On the first one, I drove through the flashing yellow light, not letting the car stop, and it gave an error that I had run a stoplight. I also was getting dinged because of driving down a 23% grade hill to get out of my neighborhood, I was getting many hard braking reports. I then found out that if I do not have the latest cameras, that I would not get an invite to join the FSD. I flipped Tesla the middle finger and dropped out of the FSD Beta request so I do not know if I would have have gotten dinged because of it.

I am an early FSD adopter (December 2016) and have a letter from Tesla saying that I would be given early access to the FSD beta which is a lie. I paid for the MCU upgrade thinking that I would get in the FSD Beta but again, I was not invited. I will wait and hopefully before I die I will get the FSD capability.

I was checking my invoice. Did I get the wrong last camera part? Thanks.
0E810C4E-7678-4BAD-AFD4-1BBC37DF27C6.jpeg

Yes, please share additional details. Were you on 10.8 before? Or you went straight from no FSD to 10.9 ?
Some have been upgraded from 10.8 to 10.9 but wasn't aware there were new FSD enrollees since 10.9 slow rollout

• September 25, 2021 - Pressed 'the button'
  • Nov 8, 2021 - Accepted Camera Update Invite via Tesla App notification
  • December 9, 2021 - Cameras upgraded (I already upgraded repeaters and tripple cam, Tesla confirmed they were right and did the B pillars only)
    • We maintained a 100-97 rating since pressing the button. We put the car in chill mode and just quit being assertive drivers.
  • Dec 30, 2021 - 2021.44.25.6 (FSD 10.8) was pushed to the car
  • January 11, 2022 - 2021.44.30.5 (FSD 10.8.1) was pushed to the car
  • January 18, 2022 - 2021.44.30.10 (FSD 10.9) was pushed to the car

Reactions: Dr Doom
I was checking my invoice. Did I get the wrong last camera part? Thanks. View attachment 762758
It looks like your RH side repeater has the wrong part number. Rest looks OK to me.

Despite what’s on the invoice it is still possible that the correct part was installed. Easiest way to confirm is to compare the left and right side cameras in your dashcam footage.

Did Paramus do your retrofit?

It looks like your RH side repeater has the wrong part number. Rest looks OK to me.

Despite what’s on the invoice it is still possible that the correct part was installed. Easiest way to confirm is to compare the left and right side cameras in your dashcam footage.

Did Paramus do your retrofit?
The mobile service people did my retrofit. Let me try to get dash cam comparison.

• December 9, 2021 - Cameras upgraded (I already upgraded repeaters and tripple cam, Tesla confirmed they were right and did the B pillars only)
    • We maintained a 100-97 rating since pressing the button. We put the car in chill mode and just quit being assertive drivers.
@rob4448585

I got 10.8 & 10.8.1 the exact dates as you. However I have not got 10.9 yet.
Any idea why I am still 10.8.1 and if I will get 10.9?

Ok, thanks for the update.

That confirms you were upgraded from and earlier FSD release.

The point being, we don't think anyone without previous FSD versions has been included as a new FSD tester since the release of 10.9

Ok, thanks for the update.

That confirms you were upgraded from and earlier FSD release.

The point being, we don't think anyone without previous FSD versions has been included as a new FSD tester since the release of 10.9
Starting to think they have enough Beta testers at 60k and anymore cars is just more liability. Until it gets much better why take more chances adding more people if they don’t need the data. Could be totally wrong?