Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now we know why 10.9 was held up:
Rolling stops – AKA California stops – mean that the car does not entirely stop at red lights or stop signs. That is illegal in some parts of the U.S., such as Texas. Just imagine the conversation Tesla had with NHTSA on January 10, 2022. Either Tesla did not know it was deliberately breaking the law in some States of its biggest market, or it just decided to move ahead with the idea. You decide which alternative is worse.

This is the second recall Tesla has to issue due to FSD. The first one was submitted to NHTSA on October 29, 2021, and it had to do with “false forward-collision warnings.” They caused what is already known as a chronic Tesla issue: phantom braking.

The second recall will be solved like the first one was: with an OTA (over-the-air) update. They should start to be deployed “in early February 2022,” AKA right now. The 2021.44.30.15. firmware release will be the first to begin disabling rolling stops. However, the company states that “later releases” may also take care of this. If your car has already received it, it should have a different description text for the affected FSD driving modes.

Tesla said that 53,822 vehicles were affected. That is possibly the number of cars that have full access to FSD at this point. Tesla said it had nearly 60,000 EVs with FSD at its earnings call, which shows it was exaggerating the numbers for investors.

Now we know why 10.9 was held up:
Even when set on the 'safest' setting the car still rolls stops if there is no one at a 4 way sign. Honestly feels weird to have the car this 'early' in the 'learning' stage do that.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dogldogl and Saxman
My update: As I expected, my mobile appointment today was a FAIL due to the wrong parts. I had the correct part numbers thanks to this thread and asked my technician to validate them before installing. Sure enough they didn’t match and a few minutes later after speaking to someone at Tesla, he confirmed that indeed he had the wrong parts with him.

This is gonna be a looong wait I’m afraid.

Good news is he took care of the latch recall for me! 🤦‍♂️

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
I suppose extra confirmation that vehicles originally with RCCC cameras are getting FSD Beta. Previous FSD Beta recall in October showed earliest S was Aug 24, 2017 build and earliest X was built Aug 23, 2017. Whereas this most recent recall for "rolling stops" shows S from Sep 9, 2016 and X Nov 9, 2016.
On the earnings call they said they have nearly 60k cars with FSD. I see no logical group that would have FSD but not be included in 'recall' so not sure who's numbers are correct....

53,822 cars is not equal to 'nearly 60,000'.....

Reactions: scarelli
Camera upgrade is finally complete. I hope.

I'm a bit worried about the lefthand B Pillar camera they installed. This is for a Model X. The part number they installed is 1092311-S0-D. Anyone have any info on this??

The RH B Pillar camera looks good 1092312-98F, and the triple cam looks good too 1120520-00-B.

So it's just this mysterious LH B Pillar that's questionable. Anyone know anything about this strange variant?

I'm a bit worried about the lefthand B Pillar camera they installed. This is for a Model X. The part number they installed is 1092311-S0-D. Anyone have any info on this??

The RH B Pillar camera looks good 1092312-98F, and the triple cam looks good too 1120520-00-B.

So it's just this mysterious LH B Pillar that's questionable. Anyone know anything about this strange variant?
@RGloverii
I can't say I " know anything about this strange varient" but on November 19th my LH B Pillar part# was #1092311-98F and on December 30th I got pushed FSD BETA 10.8.

Please draw your own conclusions, if any.

Hope this helps.

I was on FSD Beta 10.6.1 before the camera update. After update on 1/10, the same FW version got pushed so have been stuck on 10.6.1. Good news is FSD seems better. I hated 10.6.1 before. Not sure if new cams have anything to do with it.

I have a MS, and over a year ago I was experiencing frequent condensation on the right B pillar camera and my RH B pillar camera was replaced with the following: APPLIQUE,MS,B PLR,RH ASSY(1092307-S0-D) which is a very similar part number to what you had installed.

I don't know what that means, but I would do more research to determine if that applique has an RCCC camera... or maybe mine was replaced with an RCCB ?

Reactions: RGloverii
I have a MS, and over a year ago I was experiencing frequent condensation on the right B pillar camera and my RH B pillar camera was replaced with the following: APPLIQUE,MS,B PLR,RH ASSY(1092307-S0-D) which is a very similar part number to what you had installed.

I don't know what that means, but I would do more research to determine if that applique has an RCCC camera... or maybe mine was replaced with an RCCB ?

Thanks. I am going to make some calls tomorrow to see what I can find out.

Thanks. I am going to make some calls tomorrow to see what I can find out.
Honestly, it's probably fine. I haven't heard of (m)any incorrect pillar cams being installed so far. The only way to know for sure is to 1) look at the PN on the actual camera module before installation 2) look at what the car recognizes the installed camera as (Tesla can see this internally in their "garage" application, as well as in the car's "vitals").

Reactions: Shateam