Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly, it's probably fine. I haven't heard of (m)any incorrect pillar cams being installed so far. The only way to know for sure is to 1) look at the PN on the actual camera module before installation 2) look at what the car recognizes the installed camera as (Tesla can see this internally in their "garage" application, as well as in the car's "vitals").

I am hoping it’s fine. It is just frustrating that the questionable camera just happens to be one that I can’t confirm via dashcam, or even easily via visual inspection.

Reactions: Shateam
Honestly, it's probably fine. I haven't heard of (m)any incorrect pillar cams being installed so far. The only way to know for sure is to 1) look at the PN on the actual camera module before installation 2) look at what the car recognizes the installed camera as (Tesla can see this internally in their "garage" application, as well as in the car's "vitals").
How do you do number 2? I tried the dashcam technique and I can't recognize a difference in image quality between the two different camera views. I hope they are the correct cameras installed.

Can you put the before and after next to each other?

When I put the before and after side by side the difference is very noticeable.

I made a couple of side-by-side video comparisons driving on the same street (but different direction) also a collage of front camera and side repeater comparisons.
I hope they help you... but the RCCC picture looks almost black and white when placed in direct comparison with RCCB.

Also it helps to compare them in the same location with similar light conditions.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Do you know what the PN on the camera module should be? I'd like to add it to the spreadsheet

• Informative
Reactions: valem
Cameras today Hell Yeah!!! :D

Mobile tech broke one of the camera wiring clips. F@#! (Same thing happened to my neighbor down the street)
In addition to making 3 trips to the service center to make sure they were going to bring out the right parts they brought out a B pillar that was the same that was on the car. Now I have to have the do a SC appointment which usually takes a minimum of 3-4 days before they even move the car into the bay. So disappointed in Tesla. Is all this aggravation worth it? Starting to wonder. 🤬

• Funny
Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
Cameras today Hell Yeah!!! :D

Mobile tech broke one of the camera wiring clips. F@#! (Same thing happened to my neighbor down the street)
In addition to making 3 trips to the service center to make sure they were going to bring out the right parts they brought out a B pillar that was the same that was on the car. Now I have to have the do a SC appointment which usually takes a minimum of 3-4 days before they even move the car into the bay. So disappointed in Tesla. Is all this aggravation worth it? Starting to wonder. 🤬

That is painful! I got my cams upgraded today as well at SC and the invoice listed all right parts but who know what went to the car. The triple cam videos looked batter than before.

So your invoice has the right parts but they brought different parts to install?

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
That is painful! I got my cams upgraded today as well at SC and the invoice listed all right parts but who know what went to the car. The triple cam videos looked batter than before.

So your invoice has the right parts but they brought different parts to install?
Yes complete *sugar* show. Sugar obviously is another word. Had to go to the Service manager to get it straighten out.

Can you put the before and after next to each other?
Ok. I have two side by side of the repeaters left and right. this after the camera upgrade. I think they look the same.
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 8.52.41 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 8.51.11 PM.jpg

Ok. I have two side by side of the repeaters left and right. this after the camera upgradeView attachment 765069View attachment 765067
The pictures with the rear view mirror in the top left corner should be the driver-side camera, and those have teal-ish sky (probably old RCCC) instead of blue sky. The correct part for the RCCB left repeater (LH) is 1642010-00-A. The passenger-side (RH) has blue sky and is probably 1642011-00-A.