Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exact same thing happened to mine when I had the cameras upgraded. They said it was a firmware issue and had it fixed in about an hour.
I would have been happy if it was even 2 hours. But so far it has been 11 hours sitting in the waiting area, 9 hours of driving, and a weekend of depression of getting hit with a $1-2K bill...

And I even called up and asked on Wednesday if they could do a remote check - they said something like 'I will escalate it' but no one ever called.

I would have been happy if it was even 2 hours. But so far it has been 11 hours sitting in the waiting area, 9 hours of driving, and a weekend of depression of getting hit with a $1-2K bill...

And I even called up and asked on Wednesday if they could do a remote check - they said something like 'I will escalate it' but no one ever called.
They would need to get your permission before they install parts that you will have to pay for. An independent shop was recently doing some work on my mother-in-law's SUV & they discovered an additional part that needed to be replaced beyond the original estimate that she had approved. They failed to contact her about the increased cost so when she arrived to pick up her car they did not charge her for the parts or labor for that part. Her invoice says that they credited her that amount because they failed to contact her for approval before installing that part. Tesla should not charge you for parts if you have not signed off on it via the app first.

The wait time and driving time sucks, but I would not worry about getting hit with a bill.
If they didn't contact you and provided you with an invoice to approve prior to start the work, I would not worry.

One needs to know ahead of time the cost estimate before allowing to proceed.

I think for the config change you need to open a service request and specify in detail what @appleguru explained... along these lines:

"Based on the issues I am experiencing, (and others that have had similar issues after cameras retrofit) it seems the gateway config for autopilotcameratype was changed to 2 (RCCB).
Please change the autopilotcameratype gateway config back to 1 (RCCC) and everything will start working again.
I know that this fix can be done remotely and doesn’t even need a redeploy.
Please escalate this issue to the highest priority"

There you go, copy and paste in your service appointment.

Mobile tech just left after replacing the B-pillar cameras.
The part he installed did not match the part on the invoice, as the invoice listed the p/n that was supposed to have the NFC reader (1496709-S0-B and 1496707-S0-B)
When I saw that there was no NFC card I got concerned. I didn't look what the B-pillar p/n was but I made a note of the camera p/n
When I saw that it wasn't 1069104-00-D I got even more concerned.

The camera p/n in the B-pillar is 1092978-00-C and after I frantically googled it, looks like it is a camera p/n for the M3 so I felt a little better.

I should finally have all the right cameras installed... now it's a wait and see when they start adding more people to FSD

Mobile tech just left after replacing the B-pillar cameras.
The part he installed did not match the part on the invoice, as the invoice listed the p/n that was supposed to have the NFC reader (1496709-S0-B and 1496707-S0-B)
When I saw that there was no NFC card I got concerned. I didn't look what the B-pillar p/n was but I made a note of the camera p/n
When I saw that it wasn't 1069104-00-D I got even more concerned.

The camera p/n in the B-pillar is 1092978-00-C and after I frantically googled it, looks like it is a camera p/n for the M3 so I felt a little better.

I should finally have all the right cameras installed... now it's a wait and see when they start adding more people to FSD
I dont see the 149* parts in my invoice. Should I call up my SC ?

I dont see the 149* parts in my invoice. Should I call up my SC ?
There are several b-pillar p/n that are correct, the 149* is one of them. I got concerned because the invoice listed the 149* part but what he was installing didn't match, and I was like which camera is in there?
What p/n are on your invoice... you can also check the spreadsheet.

There are several b-pillar p/n that are correct, the 149* is one of them. I got concerned because the invoice listed the 149* part but what he was installing didn't match, and I was like which camera is in there?
What p/n are on your invoice... you can also check the spreadsheet.
I do see the correct ones (at-least listed on the invoice) but I thought the 149* are the ones with NFC which they didn't install for me. Would be nice to have NFC card reader in the side panel if for some day theres a way to use the key card or phone to unlock the car. 🤷‍♂️

I do see the correct ones (at-least listed on the invoice) but I thought the 149* are the ones with NFC which they didn't install for me. Would be nice to have NFC card reader in the side panel if for some day theres a way to use the key card or phone to unlock the car. 🤷‍♂️
It wouldn't matter, your car doesn't have the hardware/wiring to hook the NFC reader to.

I have my doubts that this wasn’t a known issue. The fact that cameras are now the major holdup for those who have been owners of FSD the longest and we are also the owners who upgraded mcu2 out of pocket, the is unacceptable. I’ve carried a 99/100 throughout this whole circus and still no invite to upgrade or any communication for what it’s worth. I did have the sales people calling me about 8 times a day to try to deliver a plaid, but if I’ve learned anything from this experience because these vehicles change quickly and they don’t care if you aren’t part of the cool club anymore. For anybody who thinks that I should be blamed for not knowing what my car came with, I certainly had a good idea of what I thought I was buying in 2017. Boy was I lied to and part of me really wants to see if there’s anything the department of consumer protection could do to stop selling a feature that can’t be proven to work with what is being offered. Sooner or later most of you realize as well the Tesla has more similarities to the ionic breeze then it does a good vehicle

I have my doubts that this wasn’t a known issue. The fact that cameras are now the major holdup for those who have been owners of FSD the longest and we are also the owners who upgraded mcu2 out of pocket, the is unacceptable.

Did you pay for FSD and still have to pay for a hardware upgrade out of pocket??? That really is unacceptable. Did you buy your car with the promise that it had all the necessary hardware for FSD? Or was yours bought before they were promising that?

If they told you your car had all the necessary hardware when you bought it, then IMO they owe you an even trade of a new car of the same model and trim in return for yours.

As for the "FSD" Beta, which isn't FSD at all, but just an increased Level 2 feature set, I don't think they owe anybody that, since it's only tangentially related to the actual promise being made in 2017, which was a car that could function as a robotaxi or be summoned across country with nobody in it. I think they're right to be very picky about who gets "FSD" Beta since a Level 2 system for city use could be extremely unsafe if not used very carefully.

Although slightly off topic, I am hoping someone might be able to help with a camera retrofit.

I took my 12/2016 MS (with FSD) in for the camera replacement this past Monday after having it postponed 4 times since December. Originally they were saying a couple of hours but after 7 they gave me a loaner due to an "update issue". At 2PM the next day they said it was finished and I could pick it up. But as soon as I left I noticed not only didn't the camera calibration and cruise not work, neither did the NAV - it showed it was still at the SC. They said to give it some time but after an hour of driving, nothing changed, still showing it back at the SC. After numerous reboots (scroll wheels, Power Off) I was asked to bring it back Saturday and after 3 more hours of waiting they came in to say "our tests show your GPS antenna is bad and we didn't touch it" (didn't even explain why, after 200 miles of driving, the camera calibration was still not working). So they kept the car because they had to remove the rear window to fix it and sent me home again in another loaner.

Does anyone here know if the GPS get plugged into the same computer the cameras do and if so, could they have incorrectly plugged the GPS into the wrong connector and either damaged or shorted it out? And does the NAV have to work for camera calibration? I can't believe that my antenna just 'happened to fail' at the exact same time they had it (since it worked fine when I brought it in) and fear they are going to charge me for this work. And usually an antenna is nothing more than a passive specific-length wire, so it is hard to believe it went 'bad' (unless it has an pre-amp to boost signal strength).

Thanks for any information or suggestions on how to approach this potentially expensive issue.
I don't know the answer to your question but almost the same exact thing happened to me. Went in for the camera upgrade a week ago. Completion date kept getting pushed back. They finally tell me it's ready to pick up after about a week but when I get the car back the gps is stuck on the SC location. They tell me to bring it back in for service. They ended up taking another few days to replace the antenna, then tell me it's ready for pickup again but the GPS was still stuck when I got there. Left it there again for a weekend. Finally picked it up today and it's working properly again. They did not end up charging me for the new antenna.

2022.4.5 rolling out which includes new features which means the Twitter FSD Beta influencers will be whining until they get theirs which means new FSD Beta branch coming soon? Maybe that’s why they waited? Who knows.

Fingers crossed for the eleventeenth time in the last 30 days.

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
2022.4.5 rolling out which includes new features which means the Twitter FSD Beta influencers will be whining until they get theirs which means new FSD Beta branch coming soon? Maybe that’s why they waited? Who knows.

Fingers crossed for the eleventeenth time in the last 30 days.
TeslaFI recent changes to superscript FSDBeta versions really helps visually with pace of rollouts for both non and FSDBeta.

f1lPO64.jpg

MASRu3i.jpg

Reactions: rob4448585
Our car is downloading 2022.4.5 now. I'm really hoping the FSD Beta branch goes to the 2022 ones soon to give us a chance to get in... we're still sitting here at a 100 Safety Score over 1300 miles in the last 30 days & it's been a month with our RCCB cameras...