Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know the answer to your question but almost the same exact thing happened to me. Went in for the camera upgrade a week ago. Completion date kept getting pushed back. They finally tell me it's ready to pick up after about a week but when I get the car back the gps is stuck on the SC location. They tell me to bring it back in for service. They ended up taking another few days to replace the antenna, then tell me it's ready for pickup again but the GPS was still stuck when I got there. Left it there again for a weekend. Finally picked it up today and it's working properly again. They did not end up charging me for the new antenna.
So changing the antenna did not fix it, correct? What SC was it? Maybe I can tell mine to call them to sort this out. I have a M3 as a loaner and hate it...

So changing the antenna did not fix it, correct? What SC was it? Maybe I can tell mine to call them to sort this out. I have a M3 as a loaner and hate it...
They changed the antenna but I don't know what actually resolved the issue. It was the Reisterstown, MD service center. The user, AppleGuru, said a couple pages back that it's not the antenna that causes the issue, but something about how they label the cameras: Wiki - [Promised Resolution] FSD’s earliest adopters find themselves again deprioritized and forgotten

I don't know the answer to your question but almost the same exact thing happened to me. Went in for the camera upgrade a week ago. Completion date kept getting pushed back. They finally tell me it's ready to pick up after about a week but when I get the car back the gps is stuck on the SC location. They tell me to bring it back in for service. They ended up taking another few days to replace the antenna, then tell me it's ready for pickup again but the GPS was still stuck when I got there. Left it there again for a weekend. Finally picked it up today and it's working properly again. They did not end up charging me for the new antenna.

They actually replaced your GPS antenna?? Wooooooow... talk about a failure to communicate and also to do even basic troubleshooting (Why would an antenna, that is nowhere near any of the cameras or cables that got replaced, just "fail"???).

This whole "camera upgrade" program is the perfect case study on how to take something simple and screw it up in every way conceivable...

They actually replaced your GPS antenna?? Wooooooow... talk about a failure to communicate and also to do even basic troubleshooting (Why would an antenna, that is nowhere near any of the cameras or cables that got replaced, just "fail"???).

This whole "camera upgrade" program is the perfect case study on how to take something simple and screw it up in every way conceivable...

My exact thoughts. They changed the cameras and reinstalled firmware and now the GPS doesn’t work so it must be a physical part failure? Absolutely insane hahaha.

If Tesla is hiring, I’ll go around the country and do everyone’s camera upgrades for them for $200/hour labor with per diem billed to Tesla. Sure would save them a lot of time, money, and people going back to the service center 🤣

I would love to get a Model 3 loaner! The SCs here always give out old Model Ses with AP1 or pre-AP. They are terrible to drive. I'd much rather get a Model 3!
I think they suck. First, you only get a card, so you can't preheat, can't do walk away locking/unlocking, can't open hatch if locked, etc. Then there is the uncomfortable seats. Next is the lousy turn signal stalk and how it works (doesn't latch). Next is the NOISE - worse than my old ICE VW. Then lets move to the door handles - how crappy of a design and prone to freeze here in MI when they get wet. Need I go on? The only feature I like is the ability to change speed with the right scroll wheel. I would take an old MS over this M3 any day - you will never see me own one. But, that said, it is transportation while they try to figure out how they broke my car installing the new cameras. I tried to call today to get an update - no response; it is just stilling there :-(

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Can anyone confirm if our cars get the “colorizer”? Notateslaapp says it’s for S/X 21+ but haven’t confirmed from a legacy vehicle.
This update was beyond disappointing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 62
I too am awaiting camera update for my late 2016 S. Finally when the SvC scheduled me for the mobile hood latch recall, I went back and forth three times via the mobile app, adding “replace cameras for FSD”. Finally they added it to the service ticket! But now it’s not scheduled to be done for another three weeks (!!) it sounds promising…..

Reactions: GenY
so no icon fixes or the colors for us old gen peeps? not surprising they are going to simply phase us out.
i noticed two UI changes from my quick look:

The car is centered again when using the navigation.
The Supercharger search button has returned to the right of the Nav screen.

Those are the only other things I noticed. I’ll mess around with it more tomorrow.

By the way, My car is now also downloading a Nav update (finally!)