Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even most existing beta members haven't gotten new versions in a while now-- more folks are on 10.8.1, over a month old, than anything else.

Initially when 10.9 stopped rolling out after only hitting maybe 1/3rd of existing testers folks though it was due to the rolling stop recall.... but then 10.10 came out removing that, but that one stopped being distributed after even less people got it.

Tesla has announced several other SW recalls recently so unclear if that's why- or if they've concluded they're close enough to having 11 ready it's not worth pushing anything on the 10.x branch out further.
Case in point - example of my kids TM3 FSD beta (green)
wqLYgVM.jpg

Reactions: outdoors
Even most existing beta members haven't gotten new versions in a while now-- more folks are on 10.8.1, over a month old, than anything else.

Initially when 10.9 stopped rolling out after only hitting maybe 1/3rd of existing testers folks though it was due to the rolling stop recall.... but then 10.10 came out removing that, but that one stopped being distributed after even less people got it.

Tesla has announced several other SW recalls recently so unclear if that's why- or if they've concluded they're close enough to having 11 ready it's not worth pushing anything on the 10.x branch out further.
Yeah I've noticed on teslafi that updates to 10.10 have pretty much stopped.

My camera update is supposed to happen tomorrow, and so far the Inline Triple looks good (1120520-00-B), the LH Repeater is good (1642010-00-A), but the RH is new (1495876-22-C). The LH B Pillar is 1092311-S0-D which is the same as you, so I hope it’s the right part. The RH B Pillar is 1092312-98-F which I think is OK.
Update - mobile service replaced my cameras, but not without some drama. I asked the technician to please double check part numbers, as I would like to save them a trip, and sure enough, halfway through the work, he realizes that the RH repeater is wrong (1495867-22-C), and the LH B Pillar is wrong (1092311-S0-D). Luckily my local SC had the right parts in stock, so they Ubered the parts to my house while the other cameras were being installed. They ended up putting in RH repeater 1642011-00-A, and LH B Pillar 1092311-98-F.

And now, I re-enroll in Beta and wait.

Update - mobile service replaced my cameras, but not without some drama. I asked the technician to please double check part numbers, as I would like to save them a trip, and sure enough, halfway through the work, he realizes that the RH repeater is wrong (1495867-22-C), and the LH B Pillar is wrong (1092311-S0-D). Luckily my local SC had the right parts in stock, so they Ubered the parts to my house while the other cameras were being installed. They ended up putting in RH repeater 1642011-00-A, and LH B Pillar 1092311-98-F.

Sorry for the ordeal, but glad you ended up with the correct cameras installed!

Reactions: Vector2
realizes that the RH repeater is wrong (1495867-22-C)
Do we actually know if 1495866-22-C and 1495867-22-C are the wrong parts? The parts catalog lists them for 3 vehicles:
  • Model S Apr 2016 - Jan 2021
  • Model X Sep 2015 - Feb 2021
  • Model X Mar 2021
(Whereas "Model 3" and "Model Y" list 1495864-20-D and 1495865-20-D; and "Model S Feb 2021" has 1588283-00-B and 1588284-00-B. I believe Model 3/Y always have had RCCB repeater cameras, and the parts' base numbers are directly adjacent/before these ones for S/X in addition to newer variants/versions.)

Repeater was wrong but pillar likely would have worked. Many retrofits were done with a 109230x part number, and your 109231x were even later revisions.

My exact thoughts. They changed the cameras and reinstalled firmware and now the GPS doesn’t work so it must be a physical part failure? Absolutely insane hahaha.

If Tesla is hiring, I’ll go around the country and do everyone’s camera upgrades for them for $200/hour labor with per diem billed to Tesla. Sure would save them a lot of time, money, and people going back to the service center 🤣
After getting my car back yesterday (see previous posts from me about the whole mess), I decided to look at the Service History invoice for my last trip down. Instead of any information about how camera calibration failed and NAV got screwed up, all they said was "Performed Validation Test Drive, Verified Proper Operation" and Good Will Service. :-( I did send them the information VALEM provided (about gateway config). They never replied.

But of course with the other stuff that has been said in this thread (about wrong cameras), I wonder if my cameras are correct. Here is what they showed in the first invoice, and what is strange is they show the LH repeater added twice. Does this make sense? If that repeater camera was bad the first install, could that have been my problem? Thanks.

2022-02-11 10_39_17-tesla_invoice1b47d177-837b-11ec-9662-005056939ebe.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro ...jpg
2022-02-11 10_38_53-tesla_invoice1b47d177-837b-11ec-9662-005056939ebe.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro ...jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I think I jinxed myself. Now the “Park Assist Unavailable” error came up and won’t go away. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I had that problem (plus the temp showing no reading) last November the day after installing a new firmware update. Set up a service appointment and explained that it started to happen right after the update. They said they would have a 'virtual technician' look at it. The week before the appointment the issues appeared to go away and the day before the appointment we mutually agreed to cancel it. It has never come back. I think they secretly pushed a new download on evening that week. Did you recently install a new version?

I had that problem (plus the temp showing no reading) last November the day after installing a new firmware update. Set up a service appointment and explained that it started to happen right after the update. They said they would have a 'virtual technician' look at it. The week before the appointment the issues appeared to go away and the day before the appointment we mutually agreed to cancel it. It has never come back. I think they secretly pushed a new download on evening that week. Did you recently install a new version?
I’ve been on 2022.4.5 for about a week now, so kinda weird to have it pop up today.

Reactions: FMinMI
I feel like I’m going crazy. I checked out some footage post camera install and it seems to me like the new camera has this hazy, sort of blurry quality (or lack of) to it and it’s driving me nuts. Here’s the before and after triple cam. Do I need to take this thing apart and clean the lens?

Before:
336A8B04-1D9C-465F-9CF2-E4C9FA886158.jpeg

and now:
A4A14491-1642-4F13-A430-03F933A9FB93.jpeg