Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I got my score back up to 100%. Now just need need to hold it there until the Tesla Fairy decides to bless my car with FSD...
I opted out as soon as I got the camera invite. My wife mostly drives the car to work now since I work from home, and she…let’s say…has a hard time with the aggressive braking and following distance metrics. I am now on 2022.4.5, so I am going to wait until I see some FSD updates on my branch of the software, and I’ll do a quick night drive to get the mileage and score…

Reactions: outdoors
Just got the 2022.4.5.1 notification… please let this be the FSD one 🤞
I don't think it is

Just got the 2022.4.5.1 notification… please let this be the FSD one 🤞
The majority of FSD Beta are still on 10.8.1 ... some are on 10.9 and few are on 10.10
According to Teslafi about 20 updated to 10.10 this week, with 1 on Thursday, 1 on Friday and 0 Yesterday

The updates and new adds were coming regularly about every 2 weeks up until the holidays, then ... poof... who the frunk knows what's going on

The majority of FSD Beta are still on 10.8.1 ... some are on 10.9 and few are on 10.10
According to Teslafi about 20 updated to 10.10 this week, with 1 on Thursday, 1 on Friday and 0 Yesterday

The updates and new adds were coming regularly about every 2 weeks up until the holidays, then ... poof... who the frunk knows what's going on
Who knows what’s going on… one word Fraud!

My appointment was delayed two weeks too.

One note: don’t ”appointment shop” for times. I understand that if you modify your timing, the part order is canceled and has to be replaced by the Service Center. Don’t know if that’s true but that’s what they told me as I was moving the appointment around

My appointment was delayed two weeks too.

One note: don’t ”appointment shop” for times. I understand that if you modify your timing, the part order is canceled and has to be replaced by the Service Center. Don’t know if that’s true but that’s what they told me as I was moving the appointment around
They sent me this long message when they re scheduled me to a later date and I was moving the appointment up... with the final note: "If rescheduling is needed do so for after the date selected."

Took almost 2 and 1/2 months from camera invite to completion... but now no one is being added to FSD and there isn't a peep as of why.

Attachments

• IMG_5869.PNG
    IMG_5869.PNG
    566.5 KB · Views: 69
2022.4.5.2 is out... same release notes as 2022.4.5.1

I want to believe that the beta delays are due to the recalls and Tesla is waiting to get them all resolved before pushing the next branch. Beta cars are still on a 2021 firmware, should be on a 2022.x shortly I’d think.

I guess I'm unclear how it's recalls?

All the software based recalls are 30 seconds to fix on the Tesla side. Allowing rolling stops is literally a checkbox in the hidden FSD config menu, just uncheck it and update the setting description, done.

Likewise the car always knows its gear state, so disabling boombox when not in park should take about a minute to do.

On top of that, we've had several non-Beta SW updates since the recalls began coming out.

Seems more likely they just don't have a new FSD branch worth pushing yet- if they think 11 is really close they'd have no reason to push minor 10.x updates.

All the software based recalls are 30 seconds to fix on the Tesla side. Allowing rolling stops is literally a checkbox in the hidden FSD config menu, just uncheck it and update the setting description, done.

Likewise the car always knows its gear state, so disabling boombox when not in park should take about a minute to do.

On top of that, we've had several non-Beta SW updates since the recalls began coming out.

Seems more likely they just don't have a new FSD branch worth pushing yet- if they think 11 is really close they'd have no reason to push minor 10.x updates.
Yeah, but NHTSA is involved, so perhaps they need to "approve" the recall fixes?

But I agree that your explanation is also possible.

The complications regarding recalls aren’t the processes themselves but the bureaucracy attached to them.

Tesla gets a notice weeks/months in advance before we hear anything in the news about recalls, so they probably got a shotgun spread of recalls they’re trying to prove and document that they provided/can provide fixes for.

Anyways it’s all speculation and none of us know better than the other.