Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not listed on the spreadsheet, but I got my cameras upgraded on December 16th and have not received the FSD software. 99 Safety Score and while not keeping track i'm at least 1200 miles driven since December. I meet all other (MCU / FSD Hardware) requirements. "Legacy" X -P100D and in Northern NJ. Discouraging.
I assume based on your location that Paramus did your retrofit? If so, I would confirm that they installed the correct parts on your X.

I mention this because a few of us had to make multiple appointments to finally get the correct parts installed (including myself).

I assume based on your location that Paramus did your retrofit? If so, I would confirm that they installed the correct parts on your X.

I mention this because a few of us had to make multiple appointments to finally get the correct parts installed (including myself).
Cameras are the correct ones, in fact my appointment was scheduled for earlier, then cancelled and rescheduled for Mid-December so they could get the correct parts. Was a mobile service appointment so I was able to chat with the tech and confirm while he was doing it and calibrating.

Reactions: Shateam
I have a July 2017 build Model S with the new cameras installed as of last week…100 safety score. For a long time I was stuck at 99 but I think I’ve got the hang of it now.

Put me in, coach! :)
Same everything posted above.
It seems it is getting easier to manage the Safety Score and the yellow light switch to Autopilot trick seems to work good. Has saved me many times to not have to apply the brakes and get a hard braking event.

Tesla seems to invite new people every month or 5 weeks. Last invite was Jan 18. Just speculation but if patterns hold true it might be soon or next week? Who knows?
The last time RCCB upgraded cars were added to FSD Beta was around December 30, 2021. I believe that @valem is referring to acceptance into FSD Beta. I think you are referring to invites to get new cameras.

What makes you think that?
Well it's "More Than a Feeling" let's just say that I received a message, telling me that the camera upgrade is the limiting factor... also that they haven't gone wide with a new release lately, but the next wave of release will probably be next few days... maybe it was to shut me up for a few days, who knows (I have been somewhat annoying lately between tweets and emails) take it for what it's worth and with a grain of salt.
Hopefully it's true

The FSD build 2021.44.30.21 is already available, though nobody on TeslaFi has yet installed it.
I have no knowledge as to the breadth/timing of further deployment of this build. It is expected to be compatible with (at least) Model3.
Already another one, 2021.44.30.20 just came out 3 days ago and installed by 1 on teslafi ... also interesting that all FSDs lately have been in multiple of 5s ... good to see a deviation from the norm

What I gather and why most are still on 10.8.1 since last year, is that they were rolling out 10.9, but it had to be halted due to the rolling stop “recall”
Then as they were rolling out 10.10 it had some issues so they stopped that release.
If the next release is stable they should open it up to include new enrollees, which should include those with upgraded cameras... we'll see

Reactions: Topgun66
Rob on Tesla Daily (great podcast by the way - highly recommended!) noted the latest tidbit of news that Tesla is piloting Reverse Summon with their internal engineers now. Reverse Summon is the park-and-seek mode we saw all those years ago that has the Tesla go find a parking space after you exit the vehicle.

Crazy to think that in my lifetime I might have a car that drives and parks itself (or close to it) and that the US might send a space shuttle to Mars.

Rob on Tesla Daily (great podcast by the way - highly recommended!) noted the latest tidbit of news that Tesla is piloting Reverse Summon with their internal engineers now. Reverse Summon is the park-and-seek mode we saw all those years ago that has the Tesla go find a parking space after you exit the vehicle.

Crazy to think that in my lifetime I might have a car that drives and parks itself (or close to it) and that the US might send a space shuttle to Mars.
This would be such a huge feature if it worked without having to babysit it. I don't see how Tesla could release such a feature unless they explicitly state that you have to follow it around to make sure it's safe.

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve