Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think they will push FSD which is on the 2021 branch to cars on the 2022.4.5?
They have done that to beta cars that went to service and got a higher general branch build. We’ll see in the next couple of days what they do.

BTW, my guess is the 2022 branch based FSD Beta will be 11, not 10.x. So, depending on when that comes out, if they don’t push 10.x to cars on 2022 general beach, it might be a while ….

Don't tell me Tesla updates carrier settings as part of their base software. That's the sort of thing that should be pulled every time it changes, immediately, on its own. Either way, if you're in 3G-only territory, having it try to find nonexistent towers might p*** off AT&T, but it won't change your connectivity, because the towers aren't there in that band.

And the worst-case scenario for talking to LTE should be that it won't see new towers whose downlink is solely in bands that AT&T didn't previously configure for LTE, and if the tower asks for a band that it isn't expecting, the radio might refuse, but I would expect that to be handled in the same way as a device that doesn't support a band because of hardware limitations, i.e. the tower will assign a different band. So support might be degraded a bit, and you might have a higher rate of handover failures, but it shouldn't stop working, unless I'm misunderstanding something about the way LTE handshakes work. And if you aren't dealing with voice calls, a handover delay probably isn't a critical failure anyway.

So why is this update necessary again?
Yes, FSD beta cars also have to emergency update due to ATT sunsetting 3G tomorrow. Other car manufacturers have been notifying owners of updates needed (not just Tesla). I feel bad for other car manufacturers that can’t upgrade over WiFi or don’t have 4G radios.

Not sure if this thread helps: 2022.4 required to maintain AT&T compatibility

2017 Model S, FSD, 99 SS;

Pressed button as soon as available having
No invite for upgrade

Same here 2017 Model S 99 SS no invite for camera retrofit - Made 3 appointments in the past 4 months, and they have cancelled every single time citing that I have to receive the invite first. Looks like they did not stagger camera retrofits, they just did a few to silence the crowd and then stopped doing camera retrofits altogether/sending out new invites.

Same here 2017 Model S 99 SS no invite for camera retrofit - Made 3 appointments in the past 4 months, and they have cancelled every single time citing that I have to receive the invite first. Looks like they did not stagger camera retrofits, they just did a few to silence the crowd and then stopped doing camera retrofits altogether/sending out new invites.
Obviously it is terrible that so many have not received the camera retrofit invite, however I don't think that they did a few just to silence the crowd.
The parts shortage is real.
It has taken about 2-3 month from camera invite to complete retrofit, and for many that's been over several trips to SC, with wrong parts, missing parts etc.
Imagine if they didn't stagger the invites and everyone could make appointments, the 2-3 months probably would be 3-6 months or more.

Where I think they made the mistake IMO is not properly prioritize the invites (as they appear to be completely random)
To be fair it should have been based on opt in date and safety score like it is explained on the website.

Instead people got invites without being opted while others with 100 didn't get it.

Yes I kind of agree. I had a pretty bad score I guess and got the invite. At some point I had a bunch of single digit scores too.

Either way, my appointment was cancelled due to parts availability.. with no new people being added to the beta, it's not looking great.

That said, I'm glad I got the invite so I could immediately opt out of the stupid scoring system. Hopefully they send another round soon. It seems like they send them every month and a half or so. Good luck, we are in this together.

That’s another thing, seems like the invites aren’t really based on much if it still takes 3 months to get the parts needed for said retrofit..

Maybe it’s too much to ask logistically but If you send the invite out to customer assuming most service centers doesn’t have the parts in inventory or not all; the parts should be acquired by HQ for your VIN, name, SS, and FSD Status and then when you make your appointment at specific service center the parts are forwarded from HQ to service center and a date is given based on delivery date +/- 3 days.

The Box should have customer name on and be the correct part numbers for that car; with a service bulletin explaining procedure to whatever tech is assigned to your vehicle.. This would alleviate the service center tech’s ordering incorrect parts because their brains are just trained to replace broken parts with same parts.

But I digress, I feel like as most nice people our brains are more lenient and patient to something that we think we’re getting for free. Versus if we paid for this everyone would be up in arms, maybe the argument can be made that we were told our cars would be capable of FSD with “current hardware” and here we are new computers and pending camera retrofit later still we can’t get what we paid for.. /end rant

Looks like V11 is in progress and might be what they were waiting for for new additions as others speculated.

10.10.2 was likely to satisfy the recalls hence why it’s still a 2021 branch to get it out as soon as possible. Let’s hope the next release is V11 on a 2022.x branch that includes us!

Looks like V11 is in progress and might be what they were waiting for for new additions as others speculated.

10.10.2 was likely to satisfy the recalls hence why it’s still a 2021 branch to get it out as soon as possible. Let’s hope the next release is V11 on a 2022.x branch that includes us!
Is 💥 better or worse than 🔥?

@Cheburashka what were you doing? street racing / tokyo drifting? (too fast too furious) 😂

I posted earlier in this thread - my wife was able to get a score of 2 by getting multiple FCWs on a single drive, which is why I was happy to finally turn off the safety score.

Hoping V11 comes in March/April and a bunch of invites come along with it!

I hope to God you are right. This wait for FSD Beta has been 💥

Obviously it is terrible that so many have not received the camera retrofit invite, however I don't think that they did a few just to silence the crowd.
The parts shortage is real.
It has taken about 2-3 month from camera invite to complete retrofit, and for many that's been over several trips to SC, with wrong parts, missing parts etc.
Imagine if they didn't stagger the invites and everyone could make appointments, the 2-3 months probably would be 3-6 months or more.

Where I think they made the mistake IMO is not properly prioritize the invites (as they appear to be completely random)
To be fair it should have been based on opt in date and safety score like it is explained on the website.

Instead people got invites without being opted while others with 100 didn't get it.
Selling new cars are the priority, not fixing existing ones.. Same problems appeared in earlier days when no parts were available for repairs (due to accidents or otherwise), however new cars were not impacted... The same thing is true here.. blame the repair queue on parts shortage!.

Coming up on the 5 month anniversary of the "button" and the SS mess they've implemented. There's still no doubt in my mind, prior to the release of requesting beta, Tesla knew about this particular issue with the cameras. The fact they have waited this long to address it, tells you what they think of us as a customer. If you want to feel some love, place an order for a new vehicle, they'll call you more than 5 times a day.