Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a request from everyone.
Can everyone please send the following email (or something similar along those lines, feel free to modify) to [email protected] ?

I know, I know, most likely they won't reply, but it costs nothing... and I already typed it for you... and there's a remote possibility that one of us will get a reply.

I suggest sending it from your Tesla email account and include your VIN #
Hello FSD Beta Team,

Since the recent wide release of 10.10.2 I noticed that no new FSD beta tester has been added.

I am on the latest firmware (2022.4.5.x) while FSD beta is currently on 2021.44.30.21

Would we have to wait for FSD to be on the 2022 branch, (for anyone on the latest firmware to be added) or can/will the 2021 branch FSD be pushed to cars that are on the 2022.4.x branch?

Thank you.
Regards,
Sent. @valem is right. If enough send maybe they might answer? Like he said it only take a few minutes and is free.

I have a request from everyone.
Can everyone please send the following email (or something similar along those lines, feel free to modify) to [email protected] ?

I know, I know, most likely they won't reply, but it costs nothing... and I already typed it for you... and there's a remote possibility that one of us will get a reply.

I suggest sending it from your Tesla email account and include your VIN #
Hello FSD Beta Team,

Since the recent wide release of 10.10.2 I noticed that no new FSD beta tester has been added.

I am on the latest firmware (2022.4.5.x) while FSD beta is currently on 2021.44.30.21

Would we have to wait for FSD to be on the 2022 branch, (for anyone on the latest firmware to be added) or can/will the 2021 branch FSD be pushed to cars that are on the 2022.4.x branch?

Thank you.
Regards,
I have a request from everyone…Don’t do this. Tesla has limited resources. Let them work on important stuff. Do important stuff yourself. Don’t waste everyone’s time. Not a moderator opinion, just my personal opinion.

I have a request from everyone…Don’t do this. Tesla has limited resources. Let them work on important stuff. Do important stuff yourself. Don’t waste everyone’s time. Not a moderator opinion, just my personal opinion.
Then might as well just delete this thread and most threads on this forum… Why are we all wasting our time typing.
Just put your head down and wait.

Important Stuff for one is not Important Enough for others .. Take MCU1 owners, we paid for the development but nothing to show for!.

What if the lawyers offered you $199 for each month since you purchased FSD (according to another 2017 owner who's entertaining lead plaintiff (class rep), when Tesla put an actual time-value price on FSD it apparently became "game on").....

Elon's prediction that FSD-equipped cars would actually _make_ money for their owners may yet come to pass.
(199/mo since 2017 is already >$12K current purchase price of FSD .... 🤣)

me: I'll continue making SSacrifices to FSD-fairy.
I would like to see some Gov. regulations here that does not allow for future deliverables software or hardware to be sold!, At the very least they should include a clause for deliverable date or issue a refund with 10% interest. if not, there is no recourse here. Tesla can take their sweet time we cannot do anything about it?

I would like to see some Gov. regulations here that does not allow for future deliverables software or hardware to be sold!, At the very least they should include a clause for deliverable date or issue a refund with 10% interest. if not, there is no recourse here. Tesla can take their sweet time we cannot do anything about it?
Or buyers will learn. Hopefully Tesla too.

I can think of a few million other things the government should do first …

You must not be in the Safety Score program as it is a pain in the a$$. Or you already have Beta. Most of us have been driving like idiots for months now. They need harassment. Communications goes a long way.

Important Stuff for one is not Important Enough for others .. Take MCU1 owners, we paid for the development but nothing to show for!.
The whole point here is that Tesla should address these things. The communication is the problem.
We are all just hanging out to dry with no answers, wondering what is going on.

MCU1 is supposed to be enough for FSD, but unless one bought MCU2 there is no opt in button, why?
Those with MCU1 but a 2016/early2017 built got the opt in button, played the SS and got bypassed... why? Oh we later learned from an Elon tweet that oh, btw, yeah those cars need new cameras.
Now those that get new cameras are still waiting... why?

When they were adding anyone with a good score, some people paid $199, drove 100 miles and got the beta within a week... While some of us have been driving 5+ months with the safety score, you know how much fun that is?

I would have no problem being patient... just inform people, hey, we're not going to add anyone for the next week/month whatever, just let me know so I can opt out of the darn SS and enjoy driving the car again, and then inform people.
But with no information I don't want to be opt out in case they do add...

If they reply and say until beta is on a 2022 branch, or until V11, we will not add anyone, okay, fine, at least I know I can opt out and wait for V11 to be announced.

Like you, we just want some answers, that's all I am asking for.

Last edited:
The whole point here is that Tesla should address these things. The communication is the problem.
We are all just hanging out to dry with no answers, wondering what is going on.

MCU1 is supposed to be enough for FSD, but unless one bought MCU2 there is no opt in button, why?
Those with MCU1 but a 2016/early2017 built got the opt in button, played the SS and got bypassed... why? Oh we later learned from an Elon tweet that oh, btw, yeah those cars need new cameras.
Now those that get new cameras are still waiting... why?

When they were adding anyone with a good score, some people paid $199, drove 100 miles and got the beta within a week... While some of us have been driving 5+ months with the safety score, you know how much fun that is?

I would have no problem being patient... just inform people, hey, we're not going to add anyone for the next week/month whatever, just let me know so I can opt out of the darn SS and enjoy driving the car again, and then inform people.
But with no information I don't want to be opt out in case they do add...

If they reply and say until beta is on a 2022 branch, or until V11, we will not add anyone, okay, fine, at least I know I can opt out and wait for V11 to be announced.

Like you, we just want some answers, that's all I am asking for.
I agree 100%.

Tesla just needs to be open and honest, so everyone can have proper expectations. Leaving folks in the dark is bad form.

Eschlong says FSD coming to Canada this weekend meaning Safety Score going to Canada and a new FSD branch for them once they complete their score process.

My thought is the next wave of US cars added will be with the Canadian cars that get added. We’ll see. Could be another 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: EVNow
2022.4.5.3 update: after installing it in the morning, no sound from the infotainment unit for streaming/Bluetooth or any other source. Car chimes play fine. Did try hard and soft reset no luck. Have scheduled an appointment for next week but anyone else had similar issue with this or past updates? How did you fix it? Sorry for posting it in a FSD beta thread 😬😬

2022.4.5.3 update: after installing it in the morning, no sound from the infotainment unit for streaming/Bluetooth or any other source. Car chimes play fine. Did try hard and soft reset no luck. Have scheduled an appointment for next week but anyone else had similar issue with this or past updates? How did you fix it? Sorry for posting it in a FSD beta thread 😬😬
I had the same thing happen to me last year. Tried everything to fix it, just as you did.

Memory serve, I ended up fixing it by getting the navigation to speak. Something like that. Maybe it was making a phone call. It was like the music audio was stuck in a muted state.

• Informative
Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
You must not be in the Safety Score program as it is a pain in the a$$. Or you already have Beta. Most of us have been driving like idiots for months now. They need harassment. Communications goes a long way.
Communication does go a long way. And Tesla should be better. But I don’t think they need harassment.

No, I’m not generating a safety score trying to get into the beta. I’m waiting on the sidelines.

Reactions: outdoors