Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too got updated to 2022.4.5.16 on Friday (03/11/22) with 100 score and RCCB upgraded cameras

Why would this make us ineligible for FSD?
To get into the beta your firmware level would have to be downgraded from 2022.4.5.16 to 2022.4.5.15. Since Tesla usually doesn’t downgrade cars you likely have to wait until FSD beta is released on a version higher than your current one.

I too got updated to 2022.4.5.16 on Friday (03/11/22) with 100 score and RCCB upgraded cameras

Why would this make us ineligible for FSD?
Exactly as Sigma pointed out above, Tesla as a general rule doesn’t roll back to earlier FW. It only goes forward, not back.

I’m happy to have an exception disprove the rule here, but I can’t recall an instance of that happening over years of owning a Tesla and watching FW releases.

Tesla as a general rule doesn’t roll back to earlier FW. It only goes forward, not back
But it can like when FSD Beta 10.3.1 (2021.36.5.3) went to about 2% already on 2021.36.5.5 and maybe even 1 vehicle on 2021.36.8:

And "downgrading" from say 2022.4.5.16 to 2022.4.5.15 could still include everything in the "larger" version as Tesla can allocate version numbers (especially the 4th number) however they want without strict dependencies on previous versions. Tesla knows they need a different version for merging in FSD Beta behavior, so .15 and .16 could have been created at the same time knowing both would have the same bug fixes.

If Tesla used 5 numbers for versions, FSD Beta 10.11 could have been 2022.4.5.16.1 instead to perhaps more clearly identify that the FSD Beta version should include everything from the "parent" version. I suppose why didn't Tesla version 2022.4.5.16 as 2022.4.6 instead so that FSD Beta could be 2022.4.6.1? 🤷‍♂️ Maybe internally they have some special meaning for the 3rd number, but seeing how they picked 2021.44.25.* for the Holiday/Christmas update, it seems like it can be pretty arbitrary as well (whereas the first 2 numbers are date based).

• Informative
Reactions: valem and Lowchrg
But it can like when FSD Beta 10.3.1 (2021.36.5.3) went to about 2% already on 2021.36.5.5 and maybe even 1 vehicle on 2021.36.8:

And "downgrading" from say 2022.4.5.16 to 2022.4.5.15 could still include everything in the "larger" version as Tesla can allocate version numbers (especially the 4th number) however they want without strict dependencies on previous versions. Tesla knows they need a different version for merging in FSD Beta behavior, so .15 and .16 could have been created at the same time knowing both would have the same bug fixes.

If Tesla used 5 numbers for versions, FSD Beta 10.11 could have been 2022.4.5.16.1 instead to perhaps more clearly identify that the FSD Beta version should include everything from the "parent" version. I suppose why didn't Tesla version 2022.4.5.16 as 2022.4.6 instead so that FSD Beta could be 2022.4.6.1? 🤷‍♂️ Maybe internally they have some special meaning for the 3rd number, but seeing how they picked 2021.44.25.* for the Holiday/Christmas update, it seems like it can be pretty arbitrary as well (whereas the first 2 numbers are date based).
The 10.3.1 debacle is a good example of a rollback. But that was driven by major issues, not just “oh we should add these folks to the Beta because otherwise we are just complete assholes.”

Your number schema explanation gives me a little hope, but only a little. I hope you are right!!!

• Funny
Reactions: valem
Well, it looks like now there's 2022.8.2 which is branching off of 2022.4.5.3 (version I'm currently on). Still don't have any update pushes to my vehicle, although I do have a service appt coming up. I hope they don't upgrade it to 5.16 when it's there.
How do you know that 2022.8.2 is branched from 2022.4.5.3?

It appears that 2022.8.2 is going to European cars only so far...

So, with 2022.8.2 being released, or any other version for that matter, should we, who are technically eligible for FSD (cams upgraded and 98-100 SS), refuse any of them until new FSD version is pushed out?
From my own experience if you’re pushed a new update it will stay in your car’s queue. I don’t think a newer update will be pushed to your car until you download the older one. That’s just my observation but correct me if I’m wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
Looks like another wave of installs is happening right now. 47 pending installs from 19 a bit earlier this morning…No luck for me so far.
They will first upgrade current testers before pushing to new testers, going by how they handled this so far.

So, if everything goes well, we should see a big push to current testers tonight. New testers would be added in a couple of days.

Reactions: outdoors
Right now it looks like the only S and X getting fsd 10.11 are refresh/plaid models
TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker shows that there was a small ~40 rollout for 10.11 today going to mostly legacy S/X including a 2016 S.

Maybe there was a rollout misconfiguration yesterday accidentally excluding older S/X and today corrected it as the intention for FSD Beta 10.11 was to include all eligible vehicles including those with RCCB retrofit, so that does make it more likely that others here will be eligible to be added to FSD Beta with 10.11. (Also possible that Autopilot internal testing was still evaluating 10.11 on legacy S/X and only completed it today but didn't want to delay yesterday's initial rollout.)

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker shows that there was a small ~40 rollout for 10.11 today going to mostly legacy S/X including a 2016 S.

Maybe there was a rollout misconfiguration yesterday accidentally excluding older S/X and today corrected it as the intention for FSD Beta 10.11 was to include all eligible vehicles including those with RCCB retrofit, so that does make it more likely that others here will be eligible to be added to FSD Beta with 10.11. (Also possible that Autopilot internal testing was still evaluating 10.11 on legacy S/X and only completed it today but didn't want to delay yesterday's initial rollout.)
Yeah I do see that 2016 Model S. Whoever it is has had FSD since the new years rollout though, so they aren’t new to the program. Good to see at least that a 2016 vehicle is getting 10.11 today though. Hopefully we’ll see some first timers added with 10.11. I’ve been waiting so long and am very optimistic about getting it this week 🤞