Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope

I hope you're right, but it's only been sent out to 11% of existing... wouldn't it be sent out to everyone first before they add anyone?
True I wasn't even thinking about that. I guess it's possible that they let in new testers along with the rest of existing group, but who knows. The software updates can be so sporadic and random sometimes.
Maybe they let in everyone else existing plus newbies, or maybe they go out to the rest of existing over the next 2 days and newbies get in Saturday or Sunday 🤷‍♂️
All I know is I've convinced myself this is the update I'll get it 🤣🤣🤣

I hope

I hope you're right, but it's only been sent out to 11% of existing... wouldn't it be sent out to everyone first before they add anyone?
TeslaFi is a good way to follow along for sure. But there's only around like 2300 cars on TeslaFi who have received Beta. Meanwhile its been confirmed theres over 60,000 Beta cars out there now. So out of the other 58,000 cars, how many got Version 10.11? lol
With so many beta testers not on twitter or TeslaFi or these forums, it's hard to know for sure.

TeslaFi is a good way to follow along for sure. But there's only around like 2300 cars on TeslaFi who have received Beta. Meanwhile its been confirmed theres over 60,000 Beta cars out there now. So out of the other 58,000 cars, how many got Version 10.11? lol
With so many beta testers not on twitter or TeslaFi or these forums, it's hard to know for sure.

According to this:

For a 95% confidence level from a population of 60,000, and a margin of error of 3%, you only need a sample size of 2309 people. Which is almost exactly what we have with teslafi and the beta.

According to this:

For a 95% confidence level from a population of 60,000, and a margin of error of 3%, you only need a sample size of 2309 people. Which is almost exactly what we have with teslafi and the beta.
Well whaddaya know haha
Good thing we're all nerds in here

According to this:

The problem with that assumption is that the sample is not randomly selected. Teslafi users may not be representative of the population at large. Sorry, my wife is a statistician and I hear about these things all the time from her... :p
All that said, the cars themselves are likely representative (even if the drivers are not), so it's probably a pretty good way to estimate.

It may be that the Infotainment Upgrade is a standard listed option in the Service menu, i.e. it won't go away even after you have it done. It's still there for me as well, despite having it done over a year ago. But the Camera Upgrade option didn't come up for me until I officially got the invite for it, and it disappeared after the service was done (took 2 months due to delay/mixup).
Thanks for confirming and that is what I also thought

Hey fellow legacy owners, my 2016 X is slated for a second service center appointment for the camera upgrade- unfortunately the first time around, which was last November, they had simply swapped out the old AP2 cameras for new AP2 cameras.

I was hoping to email the service center a confirmatory list of the parts I should expect to have installed, and was hoping you guys could double check.

I'm fairly certain I'm correct with the following parts:
  • INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3(1120520-00-B)
  • LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, LH(1642010-00-A)
  • LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, RH(1642011-00-A)
It gets tricky with the RWK, APPLIQUE, MX part numbers. Are the following parts correct?
  • RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,RH ASSY(1092312-98-F)
  • RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,LH ASSY(1092311-98-F)
Many thanks!!

Hey fellow legacy owners, my 2016 X is slated for a second service center appointment for the camera upgrade- unfortunately the first time around, which was last November, they had simply swapped out the old AP2 cameras for new AP2 cameras.

I was hoping to email the service center a confirmatory list of the parts I should expect to have installed, and was hoping you guys could double check.

It gets tricky with the RWK, APPLIQUE, MX part numbers. Are the following parts correct?
Many thanks!!
This is what I got for my MX camera upgrade and matches with yours

INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3(1120520-00-B)
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, LH(1642010-00-A)
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, RH(1642011-00-A)
RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,RH ASSY(1092312-98-F)
RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,LH ASSY(1092311-98-F)

I'm on 2022.4.5.3 and I hope they will not push 2022.8.2 on me :rolleyes:
It's weird. According to TeslaFi every single install of 2022.8.2 was previously 2022.4.5.3

No one from 2022.4.5.5 is getting 8.2. Everyone who has 4.5.5 is only getting 4.5.16 if they're being pushed forward at all.

Guess we'll just have to try to be patient for a couple more days and see what happens.

Many thanks!!
I had something similar happen where they installed all the correct parts EXCEPT for the inline triple cam. I noticed the part number on the estimate was different, but no matter how many times i tried to bring it up with them, they ultimately installed the AP2 triple cam. I verified this after driving away that my dashcam front view colors lacked the same color saturation that my left/right repeater cams now had, and i also physically looked at my triple cam and verified the old part number was there.

They let me come in first thing in the morning the following business day, and they tried to tell me "oh well our system says that camera (the AP2 part) is compatible with your car", but I eventually got them to look up the camera upgrade service bulletin and they agreed to have the correct part expedited for install the following day.

Going to them in person and asking them to pull up the camera upgrade bulletin may come in super helpful for you as well. I hope you get it sorted out!

It's weird. According to TeslaFi every single install of 2022.8.2 was previously 2022.4.5.3

No one from 2022.4.5.5 is getting 8.2. Everyone who has 4.5.5 is only getting 4.5.16 if they're being pushed forward at all.

Guess we'll just have to try to be patient for a couple more days and see what happens.
Things changed now and I see bunch of other versions too. I hope all these are Non FSD .

Many thanks!!

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve

I was just noticing the same thing. The majority going to 8.2 are on 4.5.3 but no one on 4.5.5 is moving to 8.2 🤞

Reactions: fcastrillo86
Well, there 2022.4.5.17 now going out ...
I wonder if toggling "Software Update Preference" from Advanced to Standard could help to preemptively "slow down" deployment of the next latest-and-greatest update before the FSD version.