Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

[Promised Resolution] FSD’s earliest adopters find themselves again deprioritized and forgotten​

Think the moderators need to edit the title again since there's still plenty of people waiting for cameras with no end in sight. Also, no one has received the required MCU2 for free. FSD Computer, cameras, AND MCU2 are required for FSD Beta, whether Tesla wants to admit it or not.

What's the required safety score this time around? Did Elon say it's 95 or is it still 98?
I remember Elon reply to a tweet saying if everything looked okay may be 95. But its Elon's words so 🤷‍♂️ I'm stuck on 97 so I'm hoping they do lower it to 95. I dont want to goose chase of driving another 100mi only to find out need to wait forever and again the score going down. :rolleyes:

10.11.1 has already surpassed the number of 10.11 installs
I’m seeing a lot of good things on Twitter and YouTube. Most people saying 10.11.1 doing much much better. Elon said 10.12 will focus on improving unprotected left turns and that they’re getting closer to single stack. Too bad he’s not actually saying anything about letting in new testers (lucky Canadians)

[Promised Resolution] FSD’s earliest adopters find themselves again deprioritized and forgotten​

Think the moderators need to edit the title again…
Thoughts on the new title? MCU1 holdouts are going to be here a while. I thought the original title had artistic merit and a sentiment that deserved preserving so I hope to preserve that atop the first wiki post.

Thoughts on the new title? MCU1 holdouts are going to be here a while. I thought the original title had artistic merit and a sentiment that deserved preserving so I hope to preserve that atop the first wiki post.
Mostly agree.

Everyone who purchased FSD years ago were promised hardware so that part pretty much goes without saying. Those people are, in fact, deprioritized and mostly forgotten.

Example of being deprioritized...
I read a post on TMC from an FSD Beta tester, angry that he got kicked from the Beta, because his "hands were cold and weren't registering on the steering wheel." Those are the people they're letting into the beta, not the ones who actually understand how it works and have been driving autopilot for 5+ years.

Example of being forgotten...
MCU1

Reactions: scarelli
I think the idea was just to remove the "promised resolution" as we haven't really been promised anything and there isn't much of a resolution.
We are indeed left deprioritized and forgotten.
I'm flexible. And open to a change of title and/or debate. I wasn't moderator for the previous title change.

I am a bit of minimalist so I prefer something shorter. But also, I like "still waiting" since it is a subtle reference to the fact that although there was and continue to be incidents that make early adopters feel deprioritized and forgotten, the real problem is not how early adopters feel or what the intention was of those that Tesla who are prioritizing the FSD Beta, a more interesting theme is that early adopters continue to wait. Early adopters that bought MCU2 are waiting to get into the beta. Early adopters on MCU1 are waiting for any builds. Non US (now Canadian) adopters are waiting for anything. All FSD buyers are waiting. But earliest adopters are still waiting the longest.

My personal take: Did early adopters get forgotten? Not likely. As HW4 and higher resolution cameras are being tested internally, the existence of a set of earliest adopters has to be top of mind considering that Tesla may create another tier, 10x larger, of "less early but looking earlier all the time" adopter folks that Tesla has to consider in future software builds. Are early adopters deprioritized? It appears so if your priority is getting the beta. But if your priority is merely getting the final release of FSD, maybe not. But either way, early adopters are still waiting.

Last edited:
Still waiting for FST Beta ?

Also, "earliest adopters" does not sound very descriptive. Would be useful to note what exactly we are talking about : pre-2018 ?

Basically - best titles should be about facts and not emotion.

Last edited: