Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As HW4 and higher resolution cameras are being tested internally

I agree! HW4 code can be found in 2022.4.5.15 and above and there are new side repeater cameras, even for our Oct 2016 - Jan 2021 [S2] Model S'
1495866-22-C and 1495867-22-C

Tesla EPC 2022-03-28 104659.jpg

Reactions: pilotSteve and JasJ
HW4 code can be found in 2022.4.5.15 and above and there are new side repeater cameras… 1495866-22-C and 1495867-22-C
Do we know what's the difference with those new side repeater cameras?
I asked the technician to please double check part numbers… he realizes that the RH repeater is wrong (1495867-22-C)
Maybe others didn't ask service to double check and ended up with 1495867-22-C installed?

Still waiting for FST Beta ?

Also, "earliest adopters" does not sound very descriptive. Would be useful to note what exactly we are talking about : pre-2018 ?

Basically - best titles should be about facts and not emotion.
If you are an Early FSD Adopter like me, it is very descriptive. I saved the text on a Tesla webpage age that said early adopters would be the first to get FSD.

We were told that Tesla cars came with all the hardware needed to support FSD. I spent $1,500 to upgrade my MCU and now I have to wait for Tesla to upgrade my cameras. I have created multiple service requests to get my cameras updated and they keep cancelling them. Early Adopters are being screwed over by Tesla.

Do we know what's the difference with those new side repeater cameras?

Not yet. I had them both on order at my local Service Center in order to open them up and see what was new, but I decided to cancel my order as I didn't want to take the cameras off of someone waiting to get the camera retrofit on their vehicle 🤷‍♂️. I'm not even sure if Tesla is actually installing this exact part numbers yet during the camera retrofit. I haven't seen anyone mention these part numbers on their Service Invoice.

I think the answer is the legal department is reminding them daily that the more people they let in, the riskier things get. And likely (unfortunately), the FSD beta just isn't there yet. I am have come to terms with the fact that it will be years before it is really ready. I am enjoying my FSD suite of features and am excited to get my camera upgrade so that i can use autopark with painted lines, but i really dont expect to be using FSD until next year at the EARLIEST and more likely 2024.

I look forward to future when my car can take itself to service appointments, drive cross country to pick me up, and work as a robotaxi to make me some side cheddar. But I'm not delusional enough to think that will all happen any sooner than 5 - 15 years out. Hope I'm wrong.
Yeah.... it will probably finally happen when the Model 69 is released in 2069.

trouble in paradise? This gotta be no good news for us right? 😥

From what I know, FSD Development is below Andrej at this point and he’s focusing on higher level AI.

He’s leaving to brush up on all the technical advances that he couldn’t study while busy with Tesla deliverables and obviously I’m sure he could use some time off to recharge and be ready to innovate.

This seems like a good thing to me.