Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they have enough testers then I’m fine with that.

I’m not fine with the lack of communication about it and continuing to participate in this asinine safety score program with nothing to show for it.

But if they were truly done and didn’t need more, this tweet below from 2 weeks ago makes little sense to say.

It makes perfect sense.

Testers in new areas (or meeting some other criteria not currently represented enough) would now only need a 95 score to be considered for addition.

That doesn't mean EVERYONE with a 95 or better gets in.

Twitter is...not great.....at communicating detail or nuance.... (and again neither is Tesla at large).

As an example of "some other criteria" BTW.... let's say (this is just a made up example not anything I know specifically is something they're trying to solve for) they find from existing feedback that especially steep 2-lane roads cause a specific issue they need more data to solve.

And they find that, say, one area in Colorado, another in Washington state, and another in, I dunno, Montana, happen to have a significant % of such roads.

Even though some people in those places might already be in the program, they might add some more specifically because they found a need that that area represents a good source of.... and combined with the tweet from Elon they might consider people there with scores as low as 95 when doing that.

They might even drill down as far as using zip code or something in a case like that example.

It makes perfect sense.

Testers in new areas (or meeting some other criteria not currently represented enough) would now only need a 95 score to be considered for addition.

That doesn't mean EVERYONE with a 95 or better gets in.

Twitter is...not great.....at communicating detail or nuance.... (and again neither is Tesla at large).

As an example of "some other criteria" BTW.... let's say (this is just a made up example not anything I know specifically is something they're trying to solve for) they find from existing feedback that especially steep 2-lane roads cause a specific issue they need more data to solve.

And they find that, say, one area in Colorado, another in Washington state, and another in, I dunno, Montana, happen to have a significant % of such roads.

Even though some people in those places might already be in the program, they might add some more specifically because they found a need that that area represents a good source of.... and combined with the tweet from Elon they might consider people there with scores as low as 95 when doing that.

They might even drill down as far as using zip code or something in a case like that example.

Why bother upgrading our cameras if they won't give us FSD Beta?

@Knightshade Unless you are an effected owner or willing to support our efforts, please respectfully discontinue replying to this thread.

Calling us all entitled is not helpful. We have been participating since 9/25/21 just like everyone else but got screwed and left behind with our cameras. Have a little respect for that
(Moderator Edited)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Knightshade Unless you are an effected owner or willing to support our efforts, please respectfully discontinue replying to this thread.

Calling us all entitled is not helpful. We have been participating since 9/25/21 just like everyone else but got screwed and left behind with our cameras. Have a little respect for that.
Agreed.
Simple if they do not need our data just tells us that and we can be happy again. Tell us to turn the Safety score off and get on with life. I am about to do that.

Let’s take it down a notch. Saying someone is or is not entitled to something is not the same as calling someone entitled.

Also, “our efforts” are not collectively in agreement, obviously. Which gives us this great thread to debate. So we’re not uninviting those who disagree.

Last edited:
If they have enough testers then I’m fine with that.

I’m not fine with the lack of communication about it and continuing to participate in this asinine safety score program with nothing to show for it.

But if they were truly done and didn’t need more, this tweet below from 2 weeks ago makes little sense to say.

100% this.

If they don't plan to admit us into the beta then say it.

It's pathetic to keep stringing us along with tweets of lowering the min safety score, camera upgrades, etc if there are no plans to admit any more of us into the FSD Beta.

100% this.

If they don't plan to admit us into the beta then say it.

Is there some part of limited early release beta you find unclear?

They've already TOLD YOU they're not letting everybody in right in the terms you're shown when you hit the button.

You just keep not wanting to hear it.

Why bother upgrading our cameras if they won't give us FSD Beta?

Multiple reasons.

One, it expands the possible pool of people who could be invited in the future (I already gave examples of why they might not want more people today in a specific situation, but might want one or more of them later when they discover a different need for specific data or feedback.

Two, you are again confusing "eligible" with "entitled"--- to be eligible to be invited into the beta you need a LOT of things. To be in certain geographies. To even own a Tesla at all. To have a certain safety score. And....to have the newer cameras. But none of those things mean you are guaranteed or entitled to an invitation. It just means you're in the eligible pool. Where, again, only a limited number will be picked from. And most likely not "more people in California" anywhere near the top of said list because they've got plenty of those already.

Three, it's going to take a while to get the upgrades done, between backed up service and backed up parts and more, and you'll need it for the final wide-release product- which is the thing FSD buyers are actually entitled to.

Agreed.
Simple if they do not need our data just tells us that and we can be happy again. Tell us to turn the Safety score off and get on with life. I am about to do that.

They are telling you that.

Again, the intent was never to invite everybody. It was to invite enough people to get enough useful data and feedback, in enough places, to improve the development of the software.

So if you "qualify" in all regards to be invited, but haven't been, that's telling you several things:

They don't need YOUR data. (this could change in the future though, I already gave an example of one way it might, there's plenty more though)

They don't want a bunch of unneeded feedback getting in the way of sorting through the feedback they do need.

They don't want to waste a bunch of effort maintaining a separate "doesn't collect data or feedback" branch to give to "everyone else" that doesn't help them improve the SW at all, but does massively increase the risk of an early development version of software causing an accident.

Now, if you wish to continue to be eligible, and possibly be invited if item 1 changes, then stay in. If you don't- then don't.

As someone who has been in the program a while though, you're gonna feel very silly if you do actually get it (anytime before it gets vastly better than it is now anyway) and then realize you had hinged any personal happiness on having access to it.

It's pretty neat, but it's also still very rough. It's not remotely the actual thing sold to early adopters that some folks here seem to imagine it is.

Last edited:
Let’s take it down a notch. Saying someone is or is not entitled to something is not the same as calling someone entitled.

Also, “our efforts” are not collectively in agreement, obviously. Which gives us this great thread to debate. So we’re not uninviting those who disagree.

Are you also an effected owner or just here to say your piece and assert some power? “Our efforts” have gotten us where we are. Without this thread I’m confident many owners would still be in the dark.

My comments on my thread are because someone is fighting everything and providing nothing helpful besides noise and further frustration to those who have participated in this thread since page 1.

I have asked those owners who already have beta who get in keyboard warrior mode to stop commenting before and will continue to do so as it provides nothing to this conversation/situation.

If you’re not in the same shoes as us, you have no room to talk down to us about how we’re not needed for beta.

Are you also an effected owner or just here to say your piece and assert some power? “Our efforts” have gotten us where we are. Without this thread I’m confident many owners would still be in the dark.

My comments on my thread are because someone is fighting everything and providing nothing helpful besides noise and further frustration to those who have participated in this thread since page 1.

I have asked those owners who already have beta who get in keyboard warrior mode to stop commenting before and will continue to do so as it provides nothing to this conversation/situation.

If you’re not in the same shoes as us, you have no room to talk down to us about how we’re not needed for beta.
100% this!
Getting tired and annoyed of reading @Knightshade posts and I wish he stopped posting on this thread.
He provides nothing useful and just upsets everyone here.

100% this!
Getting tired and annoyed of reading @Knightshade posts and I wish he stopped posting on this thread.
He provides nothing useful and just upsets everyone here.

To be fair, y'all were upset long before I got here.

But if you're not interested in a fact and evidence based approach to the topic, which might allow a more rational understanding of what's really going on, you can click on my name to the left of this post, other options, and ignore, and go back to just operating purely on emotion and speculation.

But if you're not interested in a fact and evidence based approach to the topic, which might allow a more rational understanding of what's really going on, you can click on my name to the left of this post, other options, and ignore, and go back to just operating purely on emotion and speculation.
No, yours are assumptions based on evidence and are not facts; unless you're working in the Tesla FSD Beta team, you're making your own conclusions.

To be fair, y'all were upset long before I got here.

You are literally speculating about how Tesla rolls out FSD and how much data they have directly in this thread. Everything you present is speculation, not fact.

Please englihten us as to when anyone from Tesla ever said that they had enough testers in California, or what the threshold is..