Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI, looks like you can’t reset your SS anymore. I turned it off last night but the SS was still in the app this morning. Drove around today and no drive was recorded. For science, I opted back in for a quick takeout run and it recorded that drive. Seems you can’t start from scratch again, it’ll remember what your score is but just ignore drives where you’re opted out and then pick up right where you left off when opting back in. No clean slate anymore.
If that were to be the case it would actually be great if you already have a good score.
Just opt in once in a while on chill drives to keep the miles up, and opt in when there's a sign they are really adding.

Reactions: KArnold
It’s so annoying!!

I’m finally back up to a 100 score, but it takes a lot of mental effort (and lack of dynamic driving) to get there.

A guy in a Lamborghini Urus tried to engage with me on the freeway this morning. Unfortunately I couldn’t participate. Would have killed my score. :(

My wife mostly drives this car. Drove a bit yesterday and only got the score up to 95.. so I'm probably not even in the running for FSD Beta but I'm still pissed!

If that were to be the case it would actually be great if you already have a good score.
Just opt in once in a while on chill drives to keep the miles up, and opt in when there's a sign they are really adding.
I am guessing that the guy posting didn't give the app/car enough time to cycle through getting off the FSD Beta list but I am hopeful for 2 reasons:

1) What was said above, where you could take a break from FSD beta jail and just enjoy the car for a bit. I cringe every time a light turns yellow in front of me (should I run the light or have a hard-braking episode?) My score is currently at 98.

2) If they did remove the loophole, that gives me hope that something is happening behind the scene with the current FSD Beta waiting list. At least they are thinking about it...

If true, absolutely this. I've got a 99+ score. I'd love to "opt out" 6 out of 7 days of the week, opt in for once nice drive just to keep it in the ballpark as long as my score/miles don't disappear. I'd actually prefer this over a "reset". I hope some others can do more extensive testing on this.

Also makes me wonder - if I'm driving while opted in and get an unexpected FCW, could I "opt out" before stopping the car and not count that drive? Hmmmmm.

If true, absolutely this. I've got a 99+ score. I'd love to "opt out" 6 out of 7 days of the week, opt in for once nice drive just to keep it in the ballpark as long as my score/miles don't disappear. I'd actually prefer this over a "reset". I hope some others can do more extensive testing on this.

Also makes me wonder - if I'm driving while opted in and get an unexpected FCW, could I "opt out" before stopping the car and not count that drive? Hmmmmm.
Yeah, it would be nice, but somehow I don't believe that's going to be the case

Count me as deprioritized, too.😖 Tesla continues to refuse to upgrade my cameras in spite of the fact that I purchased FSD in May 2017 even though I have been upgrade to AP2/HW3 and MCU2. I have decided not to participate in the FSD Beta - could that be a problem? What steps can I take to force their hand? Does anyone have Elon’s cellphone number?😎. PLEASE, their recalcitrance in doing me crazy!🥴
UPDATE: My service tech agrees that I AM entitled to the cameras update, but there appears to be a software glitch in their system which stops my VIN from being populated to the list of eligible cars. They have now escalated the problem to a software engineer. 🤞🏻🙏🏻

Probably useless, but I just sent this to fsdbeta and early access emails... do the same if you feel like it.
Or have moderators block it... whatever...

If there is no plan to add any new FSD Beta users please let us know.
This has been going on for many months... way too long

It is absolute torture to have to play the safety score, and give false hope to your early customers!

Either remove the "opt in" option, or inform us of what the plan is.

Tesla’s “safety” score encourages drivers to run these lights by penalizing this class of braking.
What has helped me a lot is to have your finger on the autopilot lever and if you get a yellow light just go on autopilot really fast. The car will then stop and no ding. I have maintained a 100/99.95 for the last 2 months doing this.

What has helped me a lot is to have your finger on the autopilot lever and if you get a yellow light just go on autopilot really fast. The car will then stop and no ding. I have maintained a 100/99.95 for the last 2 months doing this.
THIS!

Whenever I am coming up to a traffic light that I don’t trust, I have trained myself to have my hand on the Autopilot stalk, ready to double click it if that light turns yellow.

This has worked almost every time, but you must fight the urge to start braking, cause AP won’t engage if your foot is on the brake. That screwed me up a couple of times before I realized why AP didn’t work, and I got the Hard Braking ding on my score.

any hacks to receive camera retrofit invite or get the retrofit done without the invite? I'm sick of waiting, I would atleast like to wait in the "got new cameras, waiting for fsd-beta" queue!!
When I added the frunk latch recall to an existing mobile appointment I had made for the camera retrofit and they transferred it to a service center appointment they kept the camera install. I was not previously invited.

THIS!

Whenever I am coming up to a traffic light that I don’t trust, I have trained myself to have my hand on the Autopilot stalk, ready to double click it if that light turns yellow.

This has worked almost every time, but you must fight the urge to start braking, cause AP won’t engage if your foot is on the brake. That screwed me up a couple of times before I realized why AP didn’t work, and I got the Hard Braking ding on my score.
Regular old TACC works as well! It's what I've done for last second yellow lights :) Useful if you're approaching a stoplight/sign and the lane lines aren't defined well enough for full AP to engage