Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I (finally) got an invite for the camera upgrades and am supposedly getting that done on April 6th. (late 2016 model S)
I know some people have said they received the wrong type of cameras? Anything specific I should confirm with the service center before my appointment? Also, are people with the upgraded cameras still not getting Beta, or has that been resolved? Thanks everyone!

Pay for them yourself? Or source the cameras off eBay and install yourself?
Not doing this, I've paid $2500+tax for MCU2 in the hopes of getting FSD Beta inspite of Elon saying "All hardware needed for FSD is already included with your refreshed 2016 Model S"

I was pretty pissed when they dropped the price to $1500 2 weeks later and they didn't respond to my requests to do a price match (like others who do for sales under 30 days)

I saw the invite in the app inbox but no upgrade in service menu. Upon clicking the invite message and getting a bit more details, the upgrade showed as mentioned by others. Service setup for mobile appointment went smoothly. Now I wait to see what’s next.
Made my appointment for next week and they already responded that it will take about 2 weeks to get the cameras at the service center so it's been rescheduled to 4/19.

Congrats to all getting the camera invite. No joy for me unfortunately. Nor any surprise, also unfortunate. Here in the Midwest, I'm generally several weeks behind software updates too. There's apparently some madness here, I just have no clue as to what it may be. Maybe I'll get the camera invite by the time FSD Beta version 14 is ready and then I can get in the next "waiting for Tesla to do their job" queue. Maybe. o_Oo_O

• Disagree
Reactions: Nakk
Congrats to all getting the camera invite. No joy for me unfortunately. Nor any surprise, also unfortunate. Here in the Midwest, I'm generally several weeks behind software updates too. There's apparently some madness here, I just have no clue as to what it may be. Maybe I'll get the camera invite by the time FSD Beta version 14 is ready and then I can get in the next "waiting for Tesla to do their job" queue. Maybe. o_Oo_O
New Jersey here - and didn't get the invite when the 4 year limited warranty expired, I really hope to get it before the 8 year warranty expires in 2024 😭

Not doing this, I've paid $2500+tax for MCU2 in the hopes of getting FSD Beta inspite of Elon saying "All hardware needed for FSD is already included with your refreshed 2016 Model S"

I was pretty pissed when they dropped the price to $1500 2 weeks later and they didn't respond to my requests to do a price match (like others who do for sales under 30 days)
They typically don't care... I paid the 2500 early on but when I got to the SC, the sleazy guy came out said the screen is broken and offered 300 off, since I have been pushed out several times and don't want an extra trip so I relent... then several months later, the screen shown the yellow edge and I asked for solution, they want to charge me 800 to fix it. I protested and said the policy seems to be arbitrary plus I have extended warranty why I have to shell out 800 to fix it? After several more tense exchanges then they just give a simple sentence, come in we will fix it, no apology or any explanation. It just not the fist instance that I found them rude and snobbish.

• Informative
Reactions: c0smicdirt
…. I have trained myself to have my hand on the Autopilot stalk, ready to double click it if that light turns yellow.

This has worked almost every time, but you must fight the urge to start braking,….

You’re making my point for me. SS has rewarded you for prioritizing your attention toward behaviors such as these (&/or running yellows), reducing safety for all.

You are a better driver than autopilot. Your braking in these circumstances would be less aberrant (as experienced by other road users) than AP but the SS penalty discourages safe driving.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I (finally) got an invite for the camera upgrades and am supposedly getting that done on April 6th. (late 2016 model S)
I know some people have said they received the wrong type of cameras? Anything specific I should confirm with the service center before my appointment? Also, are people with the upgraded cameras still not getting Beta, or has that been resolved? Thanks everyone!
Did you see this Gsheet?

8A28B629-C75B-48EC-BA37-C4433F95427F.png

After 4 months from my December invitation finally got the cameras swapped. The front facing and repeaters seem correct and match from what I seen on the sheet that others got however the pillar cameras seem to have different part number and also an extra part. Anyone know if this is compatible cameras or they put wrong ones in?

So you are saying TACC turns off the safety score with no dings for braking?

Absolutely not. Only AP negates everything. TACC will ding your braking.

Both TACC and AP have the same effect on my Hard Braking metric for the Safety Score, i.e. zero dings from using either one to brake/stop. I've been doing both TACC and AP assisted stops since November, and it's been a big part of how I manage to keep a 99+ score to date.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200