Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems the "everyone who opted in but didn't get FSDBeta is on 2022.8.x" claim is pretty soundly disproven at this point :)
But, the cars that are opted in & aren’t on 2022.8.x all seem to be 3/Y. It seems that all the RCCB upgraded cars that are waiting for FSD Beta got pushed to 2022.8.x. The ones who aren’t are either on a 2021 software, or have disconnected wifi to avoid updates. @dogldogl seems to be the only RCCB upgraded car that didn’t get 2022.8.x.

Reactions: Seattle Tom
At the rate they're going I won't be alive to see FSD in my car. I would gladly take a 50% refund for what I paid. It's not ever going to be perfect and please FSD testers stop posting YouTube videos of you driving on the freeway. I want to see an FSD tester video driving through Manhattan
I just received my invite for camera upgrade
2017 Model S

An FSD Beta Tester in Manhattan

@dogldogl seems to be the only RCCB upgraded car that didn’t get 2022.8.x.
To be clear, I received the 2022.8.2 update (2017 upgraded RCCB X) : but am not installing it, in case this later fork migrates vehicle subsystems (in particular ECU firmwares) which are subsequently incompatible with the 2021 branch.

As posted above, I have previously had a software update download to this car, remain uninstalled, and subsequently be replaced by an earlier vintage update - so it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

</OCD>

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Checking in here. June 2017 MX with upgraded cameras running 2022.8.2.

Timeline/History: Re-opted in around January 2nd, a currently sitting after a few thousand miles with a SS of 97. I stopped caring about grandma turns and close following (was previously a 100 during initial opt-in period but with old cameras). Invite received on 25 Feb 2022 for camera install, and finally installed on 18 March 2022.

Fingers crossed in the weeks ahead!

Hahah ... you got me ....this is what I've been reduced to.
That said, I currently don't suffer any tangible downside from remaining on the 2021 branch.
Totally your call but I see no practical reason to skip updates assuming we have any idea how the process works. I would argue that they will hold back your beta request since your car is not prepped to receive the update or that you are showing you have no interest in an update.

Checking in here. June 2017 MX with upgraded cameras running 2022.8.2.

Timeline/History: Re-opted in around January 2nd, a currently sitting after a few thousand miles with a SS of 97. I stopped caring about grandma turns and close following (was previously a 100 during initial opt-in period but with old cameras). Invite received on 25 Feb 2022 for camera install, and finally installed on 18 March 2022.

Fingers crossed in the weeks ahead!
I’m a June 2017 Model X too. Also on 2022.8.2. Got my cameras about a month before you in early February and I’m rocking a 98.

FWIW, no one has been added to the FSD Beta (except those mofo Canadians) in months. Whatever the situation is, I wouldn’t suspect we are getting it anytime soon. It absolutely sucks.

Totally your call but I see no practical reason to skip updates assuming we have any idea how the process works. I would argue that they will hold back your beta request since your car is not prepped to receive the update or that you are showing you have no interest in an update.
This is my thinking as well. I figure if I have an update waiting to install then I’m excluded from any future updates until that one is installed. Plus I do wonder if they have metrics on who installs updates promptly. If they do I want to be in the group who they can trust to install and test right away.

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
has the safety score reset trick been patched; I received the camera invite recently and decided I would opt out until it’s installed or at least a day or two before..

I’ve opted out for almost 3 days now and the safety score is still on my app with the 3 days showing “no driving data”

Just FYI, looks like you can’t reset your SS anymore. I turned it off last night but the SS was still in the app this morning. Drove around today and no drive was recorded. For science, I opted back in for a quick takeout run and it recorded that drive. Seems you can’t start from scratch again, it’ll remember what your score is but just ignore drives where you’re opted out and then pick up right where you left off when opting back in. No clean slate anymore.
Never mind missed this post.. but also can confirm

I figure if I have an update waiting to install then I’m excluded from any future updates until that one is installed
Pretty sure this is not correct, generally speaking. I've ignored several buggy updates - at some point it gets replaced with a newer update even if the original is not installed.

How that relates to beta FSD updates, I do not know.

Thepennster said:
Just FYI, looks like you can’t reset your SS anymore. I turned it off last night but the SS was still in the app this morning.
Interesting - I was able to totally reset a couple of weeks ago, but I don't recall what my software level was at the time. I opted out, drove a bit, let it sit overnight, then opted in.

Also I've tested the new "erase this drive" feature someone else mentioned for when you get the false FCW or fake hard braking, etc. For the drive, stop, put car in park, opt out of FSD beta, and opt back in. You do not have to get out or turn off the car. That drive is not counted towards the SS.. Stats resume immediaty.

This is my thinking as well. I figure if I have an update waiting to install then I’m excluded from any future updates until that one is installed. Plus I do wonder if they have metrics on who installs updates promptly. If they do I want to be in the group who they can trust to install and test right away.
Pretty sure this is not correct, generally speaking. I've ignored several buggy updates - at some point it gets replaced with a newer update even if the original is not installed.

How that relates to beta FSD updates, I do not know.
I've experienced the same thing as @KArnold when it comes to software updates. But that may not be the same when it comes to FSD Beta access.