Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't sign estimates that show a cost. I make them zero it out. Otherwise they have every right to charge you and hold your car till you pay.
Agreed. I will usually message them to say it isn't right if it's for something covered under warranty. And I'll ask them to update it before I'll approve. When it has been for something under warranty or one of these programs like the camera upgrade I've never had any problems.

Quick Question. Finally got my camera invite and looking at the estimate it seems like they have 4 of the 5 cameras and the old "C" part number for the Triple Cam. Tried clarifying with them and received essentially a non response stating everything needed was in stock. Should I press them further or is it likely they will have everything when they arrive for the mobile service appt? It's taken so long to get this far I really don't want it to get messed up now. Any thoughts?

Edit: Just looked back on an old service invoice where I had the B Pillar cams replaced and it looks like one of them was the updated part so that explains the 4 of 5 cameras but not the old triple cam part number shown on the estimate.

Attachments

• IMG_5381.jpg
    IMG_5381.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5382.jpg
    IMG_5382.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Quick Question. Finally got my camera invite and looking at the estimate it seems like they have 4 of the 5 cameras and the old "C" part number for the Triple Cam. Tried clarifying with them and received essentially a non response stating everything needed was in stock. Should I press them further or is it likely they will have everything when they arrive for the mobile service appt? It's taken so long to get this far I really don't want it to get messed up now. Any thoughts?

Edit: Just looked back on an old service invoice where I had the B Pillar cams replaced and it looks like one of them was the updated part so that explains the 4 of 5 cameras but not the old triple cam part number shown on the estimate.
It's a tough call... I remember going through this frustration. Now I'm on the frustration of 4+ months with the new cameras but still no FSD Beta despite a 100 Safety Score the entire time. If you can ask again I'd ask again. And if they're doing it via mobile service then you can check when the tech comes & you can review a quick dashcam/Sentry Mode clip before the tech leaves to see if the new camera is RCCB. It should be fairly apparent if you compare an old clip on your USB to a new clip with the new RCCB cameras, especially on a day with blue skies. With RCCC the blue sky is pretty gray, with RCCB it'll be blue.

It's a tough call... I remember going through this frustration. Now I'm on the frustration of 4+ months with the new cameras but still no FSD Beta despite a 100 Safety Score the entire time. If you can ask again I'd ask again. And if they're doing it via mobile service then you can check when the tech comes & you can review a quick dashcam/Sentry Mode clip before the tech leaves to see if the new camera is RCCB. It should be fairly apparent if you compare an old clip on your USB to a new clip with the new RCCB cameras, especially on a day with blue skies. With RCCC the blue sky is pretty gray, with RCCB it'll be blue.
Yeah that's my concern. I wasn't going to be home for the install but I may have to make sure I am at this point. I did send them back a second request asking them to triple check the part numbers but they seem to have stopped responding. I don't expect FSD any time soon but i just want to make sure its not because I still need a camera upgrade. Should be fun...

As a former member of this club based on my ”classic” 12/2016 S, I can hardly believe how many of this club’s original posters are still here. FYI my “old” S and 2018 3 last received a FSD Beta update in mid-February. According to Teslafi roughly 40% of the Beta group is also on my two-month old release. Not very encouraging for you guys and I wonder if Tesla is about to shrink the Beta group. Otherwise why leave us on two-month old software.

Good luck!
Yeah this whole FSD beta release has been a crapshoot. I signed up for safety score on first day it was available. then I had my cameras upgraded in January. Have had a score of 98-99 for most of the time. still no invite. it's extremely frustrating.

Yeah that's my concern. I wasn't going to be home for the install but I may have to make sure I am at this point. I did send them back a second request asking them to triple check the part numbers but they seem to have stopped responding. I don't expect FSD any time soon but i just want to make sure its not because I still need a camera upgrade. Should be fun...
Triple cam is wrong part number so you are wasting your time. They need the B version. Tell them to actually read the service bulletin.

Triple cam is wrong part number so you are wasting your time. They need the B version. Tell them to actually read the service bulletin.
Looking all over but haven't come across it yet. Is there a TSB out there that I can reference for them somewhere? I never know who I'm dealing with at service on the app so I always like to break out the crayons for them whenever I can lol.

I had the same triple cam part number issue. I called 3 different service centers, talked to like 4 different people, messaged multiple times in the app. They kept telling me over and over that the -C triple cam was correct even though I kept arguing. Fast forward I got my cams installed and 2 weeks later guess what. The service center called me and said "hey we got the updated bulletin and it turns out you were right we did install the wrong triple cam we'll get you scheduled but it'll take 3 more weeks for the parts to get here"

I wasn't going to be the "I told you so" guy but I just laughed it off.

So yeah, the 1120520-B or whatever that number is, is the triple cam that you need.

I had the same triple cam part number issue. I called 3 different service centers, talked to like 4 different people, messaged multiple times in the app. They kept telling me over and over that the -C triple cam was correct even though I kept arguing. Fast forward I got my cams installed and 2 weeks later guess what. The service center called me and said "hey we got the updated bulletin and it turns out you were right we did install the wrong triple cam we'll get you scheduled but it'll take 3 more weeks for the parts to get here"

I wasn't going to be the "I told you so" guy but I just laughed it off.

So yeah, the 1120520-B or whatever that number is, is the triple cam that you need.
I am in the same boat. I have an appointment scheduled for Thursday and the invoice is off. However my service advisor says the parts have been ordered correctly and they should be coming in tomorrow. I asked him to text me the part numbers when he receives them on Tuesday, so I will wait and see if he does and if they are correct.

I am in the same boat. I have an appointment scheduled for Thursday and the invoice is off. However my service advisor says the parts have been ordered correctly and they should be coming in tomorrow. I asked him to text me the part numbers when he receives them on Tuesday, so I will wait and see if he does and if they are correct.
Good strategy ... even if the order is in, someone may ship the wrong part or wrong side, if the tech didn't check it before arrival then it will be a waste of time. It took them three times to get it correct in my case.

More testing on a "drive reset". I've done this twice so far with 2 successes and no fails. But obviously a tiny sample so take it with a grain of salt.

Driving to work today had another fake FCW. When arriving I put the cat in park, opted out of FSD BETA, immediately opted back in. Then wait a full 60 seconds - do not open a door, charge door, or lift your bum off the seat. Just sit there and meditate for a moment. Drive (but not total score) disappeared saying I have no drives for the day once i left the car. After the wait time you can drive again and it will be scored from that point on, even if you do not get out. I suspect it's just the door opening or related car shutdown that triggers it but don't know.

Again, very speculative. Maybe someone can try to duplicate? I'll continue testing as well.

More testing on a "drive reset". I've done this twice so far with 2 successes and no fails. But obviously a tiny sample so take it with a grain of salt.

Driving to work today had another fake FCW. When arriving I put the cat in park, opted out of FSD BETA, immediately opted back in. Then wait a full 60 seconds - do not open a door, charge door, or lift your bum off the seat. Just sit there and meditate for a moment. Drive (but not total score) disappeared saying I have no drives for the day once i left the car. After the wait time you can drive again and it will be scored from that point on, even if you do not get out. I suspect it's just the door opening or related car shutdown that triggers it but don't know.

Again, very speculative. Maybe someone can try to duplicate? I'll continue testing as well.
Opening the door and lifting out of the seat is what triggers the sending of data to Tesla. That is when the car goes to off. The question is does Tesla see that you are opting in and out many times and therefore gaming or not serious about being a tester? Who knows at this point. After 6 months of driving I have learned how to get a perfect score on almost every drive. Had a perfect 100+ for the last 3 months. Although not helping me get beta. For that matter I am not sure there is anything we can do to better our chances. They simply have enough data/testers and not interested in more at this time imo.

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
strange I just received and installed 2022.8.2.5 and now there’s another update minutes later for 2022.8.3 the hell is going on..

Nothing new I guess it’s good as long as the numbers are going up.

No updated cameras as of yet and opted out of SS out since receiving invite about a week ago.. appointment already pushed because parts not in yet..

• Informative
Reactions: dogldogl