Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
strange I just received and installed 2022.8.2.5 and now there’s another update minutes later for 2022.8.3 the hell is going on..

Nothing new I guess it’s good as long as the numbers are going up.

No updated cameras as of yet and opted out of SS out since receiving invite about a week ago.. appointment already pushed because parts not in yet..
Just woke up to 2022.12.1

Has to be the first time in 5 years I’ve ever gotten 3 updates back to back..

Let’s go for a fourth send me Beta even though I have old cameras..

• Funny
Reactions: hybridbear
~1000 TeslaFi cars just got pushed 2022.4.5.21
I got (re)pushed 2022.8.2

Yup.

Far as I can see 100% of this push is going to existing testers on older versions (mostly 10.10.2 which was still a majority before now despite being relatively 'old'

Which is at least good in that this is the first "good enough to go really wide to existing testers" version in nearly 2 months- but not indicative of any need for new ones in existing areas.

If it's any consolation it means us testers are still missing out on all the make-V11-UI-suck-less changes in more recent firmware branches.

But if I were a betting person at this point I wouldn't expect inviting significantly more new testers in the US until (at least) the big single stack change- and almost certainly only as a second or third wave of it as I doubt they'd want to drop "new" testers into something like that for the very first release.
(they might still add people in small #s if they find some need for specific data of course as has been described earlier in the thread)

More testing on a "drive reset". I've done this twice so far with 2 successes and no fails. But obviously a tiny sample so take it with a grain of salt.

Driving to work today had another fake FCW. When arriving I put the cat in park, opted out of FSD BETA, immediately opted back in. Then wait a full 60 seconds - do not open a door, charge door, or lift your bum off the seat. Just sit there and meditate for a moment. Drive (but not total score) disappeared saying I have no drives for the day once i left the car. After the wait time you can drive again and it will be scored from that point on, even if you do not get out. I suspect it's just the door opening or related car shutdown that triggers it but don't know.

Again, very speculative. Maybe someone can try to duplicate? I'll continue testing as well.
*WARNING*
Do this procedure at your own risk!

I tried this procedure yesterday. Was on my way home and a traffic light decided to abruptly change on a road with a 55mph speed limit. AP wouldn’t engage, so I had to use the brakes to stop. So of course it would have been a Hard Stop ding.

I pulled over and tried this procedure. It worked. Sort of. It completely reset my safety score and erased ALL of my driving history. So now I’m starting from scratch with a 100 score, but I lost my accumulated miles of driving for all these months.

Now I’m worried that I’ll be pushed to the back of the FSD waiting queue (if there is such a thing)

I just had 22.12.1 installed and I don’t know what they did but the hard braking on AP is horrendous. Almost was rear-ended twice on my way home today. It’s literally waiting until the last second and slamming in the brakes. It was aggressive before this but it’s much worse now.

Reactions: dbldwn02
Hmmmm, I don't get it. I ignore the safety score on my other car and drive it like I want and still keep a 99 or 100. Are you just too aggressive ?
I want to drive the car like it’s built to be driven. You can’t even take a corner at a normal speed or touch the brake peddle without being dinged. That’s not even bringing up the blatantly wrong forward collision warnings when there’s not even a car on the road. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still sitting between 98-99 at all times but it’s because I’m driving like a grandma and it’s destroyed the fun of driving a performance model. The least Tesla can do is come out and say they are no longer accepting anyone into the club instead of making us play this stupid safety score game. I’ll give it until 10.12 and after that if I’m not in, I’m done. Very much looking forward to a competitor coming out with a comparable car to Tesla. This is my second model S and have an X on order but will 100% cancel if something comparable comes out before I’m slotted to get mine. The customer service is downright atrocious.

I want to drive the car like it’s built to be driven. You can’t even take a corner at a normal speed or touch the brake peddle without being dinged. That’s not even bringing up the blatantly wrong forward collision warnings when there’s not even a car on the road. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still sitting between 98-99 at all times but it’s because I’m driving like a grandma and it’s destroyed the fun of driving a performance model. The least Tesla can do is come out and say they are no longer accepting anyone into the club instead of making us play this stupid safety score game. I’ll give it until 10.12 and after that if I’m not in, I’m done. Very much looking forward to a competitor coming out with a comparable car to Tesla. This is my second model S and have an X on order but will 100% cancel if something comparable comes out before I’m slotted to get mine. The customer service is downright atrocious.
That's helpful. Maybe something about our cars and/or the difference in our location or driving. I drive like I always have and certainly not a "grandma" driver. Once upon a time, I flew jets off a carrier, so I am not known to be turtle driver. I just don't understand how some people have a terrible experience with the score and some don't. Guess I'll never figure it out. Interesting how you have had trouble with the collision warnings. Maybe a calibration issue? I've driven across the USA recently on one of my cars with FSD and another 3,000 miles on the other car without FSD (shows safety score) and I have never had one of those collision warnings. As with you, the wife is waiting for a competitor EV. She wants the Lyriq, but I am not so sure. Her choice. Fortunately with Telsa we have had 5 years of fabulous service, but yea, I understand from others that they dislike it.

Reactions: mach.89 and Daveb25
In other fun news, I Just ordered my wife a Hyundai Ioniq 5. No idea what the wait time is but that doesn’t matter. Model Y unfortunately out of budget plus the Ioniq still gets $10,000 of tax credits in Colorado. Makes it $20k less than a Model Y.
Anyway, once we get it we’ll be an EV only family :)
The Ioniq 5 and a Model S. No complaints I think we’ll have two amazing cars that will last a long time!

In other fun news, I Just ordered my wife a Hyundai Ioniq 5. No idea what the wait time is but that doesn’t matter. Model Y unfortunately out of budget plus the Ioniq still gets $10,000 of tax credits in Colorado. Makes it $20k less than a Model Y.
The Ioniq 5 and a Model S. No complaints I think we’ll have two amazing cars that will last a long time!

For the price it's a no brainer. I would not pay these prices for a plebian Model Y.

The Ioniq 5 looks amazing and I think it even comes with 2 years of free charging?

Toyota’s BEV is also right around corner.

• Funny
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Hmmmm, I don't get it. I ignore the safety score on my other car and drive it like I want and still keep a 99 or 100. Are you just too aggressive ?
IMO, the location of where you drive is going to have an influence on score. For example, my daily Atlanta commute going to work and coming home from work both encounter a highway interchange/ramp that's got a fairly sharp curve......Unless I slow down to an absolute crawl, I get dinged every time for aggressive turning. Mind you NoA takes the turn +20mph faster.

Also, I tend to get false FCW's at random....once for a fire hydrant on the side of the road, several times while driving up a steep street right outside my neighborhood, etc. Further, I get them in Atlanta traffic if I speed up to make a turn at a light.....even though I'm several car lengths away, FCW because I'm speeding up towards a slower vehicle.

So maybe where you live, you can drive normally and keep a 99-100 score.....Maybe I could do the same if I didn't get so many false FCW's on the streets near my home (I'm tired of needing to activate AP on side streets just to avoid it).

And finally, "hard braking" in my area is inevitable at some lights (and I dont consider toggling on AP to avoid the score hit to be "driving normally"). I really look forward to the day I can join the list of people complaining about how bad this iteration of beta is.....

For the price it's a no brainer. I would not pay these prices for a plebian Model Y.

The Ioniq 5 looks amazing and I think it even comes with 2 years of free charging?
Correct it comes with 2 years of Electrify America charging (30 min sessions).

Toyota’s BEV is also right around corner.
I saw it and configurated one on their website. But wife greatly prefers the look of the Ioniq 5 (I do too I think the BZ4x is ugly), plus it has the benefit of the insane charging curve. The Ioniq is only a few thousand more than the Toyota BZ4X and in our opinion is totally worth it.

We have a Hyundai dealer here in Colorado that has $0 markup on ANY of their vehicles. We placed the order for the Ioniq 5 for it's exact msrp.
The two Hyundai dealers in Colorado Springs are both marking them up $10k over. Luckily the no mark up dealer is up in Denver so its only an hour away.

@GoofyGoober
The Ioniq 5 does look intriguing as does so many other future entries to the EV Market. I hope Tesla ups their Customer Service experience as competition intensifies.

I was at Littleton SC last week and very pleased with the effort they put into getting my Autopark to finally function. They reached out to the Autopilot team BEFORE my scheduled appointment and had a "plan" in place a week before I brought my MX in to Service.

I'm very excited about the planned Gypsum CO TESLA SC near me, in Vail. This should eliminate my current need to drive 220 miles round-trip for Service.

Where in Colorado are you located?

Reactions: GoofyGoober
@GoofyGoober
The Ioniq 5 does look intriguing as does so many other future entries to the EV Market. I hope Tesla ups their Customer Service experience as competition intensifies.

I was at Littleton SC last week and very pleased with the effort they put into getting my Autopark to finally function. They reached out to the Autopilot team BEFORE my scheduled appointment and had a "plan" in place a week before I brought my MX in to Service.

I'm very excited about the planned Gypsum CO TESLA SC near me, in Vail. This should eliminate my current need to drive 220 miles round-trip for Service.

Where in Colorado are you located?

I'm in Colorado Springs.
The service center down here has always been amazing to me in the past year. They are extremely nice, very thorough, and fast. I've never had an issue and they've been the best car service center experience of my life! Honestly they're really good down here.

I'm planning a road trip with wifey this summer from Co Springs to Phoenix with a stop at the Grand Canyon on the way. Can't wait for my first Tesla roadtrip. Best part is the free supercharging :)