Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good strategy ... even if the order is in, someone may ship the wrong part or wrong side, if the tech didn't check it before arrival then it will be a waste of time. It took them three times to get it correct in my case.
They didn't do the camera upgrade parts. I was trying to do it with the MCU2/AP HW3 upgrade that I had scheduled and get the cameras along the way and short cut the invite process. Didn't work so I guess I'll be waiting and debate trying out the safety score.

Quick question has anyone gotten the invite for cameras without having a safety score? I never had the option prior being on MCU1.

IMO, the location of where you drive is going to have an influence on score. For example, my daily Atlanta commute going to work and coming home from work both encounter a highway interchange/ramp that's got a fairly sharp curve......Unless I slow down to an absolute crawl, I get dinged every time for aggressive turning. Mind you NoA takes the turn +20mph faster.

So maybe where you live, you can drive normally and keep a 99-100 score.....Maybe I could do the same if I didn't get so many false FCW's on the streets near my home (I'm tired of needing to activate AP on side streets just to avoid it).
yup I agree with all that. In my case, I drive all over the USA and much of that is through big cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco bay area, and San Diego. Still, I manage to keep a 99 or 100 without even trying to focus on it and just driving the way I like to drive. I realize that unfortunately for whatever reason, many people can't maintain a good score and irritated by the way it works.

yup I agree with all that. In my case, I drive all over the USA and much of that is through big cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco bay area, and San Diego. Still, I manage to keep a 99 or 100 without even trying to focus on it and just driving the way I like to drive. I realize that unfortunately for whatever reason, many people can't maintain a good score and irritated by the way it works.
My wife is a perfect example. If she tries she can get a 99 or 100 but she complains a lot about it. Saying its stupid how you basically aren't allowed to touch the brake or turn faster than 15mph.
She hates how sensitive it is. One day she got a score of 56 on a 70 mile drive lol it was bad. She got 2 FCWs, hard braking, aggressive turning AND unsafe following. She managed to bring it back up to an 84 by the end of the day and 150 miles total but still. We kinda laugh about that day though 🤣

My wife is a perfect example. If she tries she can get a 99 or 100 but she complains a lot about it. Saying its stupid how you basically aren't allowed to touch the brake or turn faster than 15mph.
She hates how sensitive it is. One day she got a score of 56 on a 70 mile drive lol it was bad. She got 2 FCWs, hard braking, aggressive turning AND unsafe following. She managed to bring it back up to an 84 by the end of the day and 150 miles total but still. We kinda laugh about that day though 🤣
Wow. A 56? That was a bad drive. :)

• Funny
Reactions: GoofyGoober
I always wonder how they come up with the dinged percentage. One day on a 3 miles short drive, grandpa decided to dash out of the side street to make a left turn, naturally I just brake but it was no where near slamming and I got a 89 with hard braking 5.+ %. Next week will be inspection time, will be interesting to see what the brake test score :D, luckily those are short distances.

1650122205213.png