Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May be they are the new FSD subscribers
But it doesn't sound like new cars purchased with FSD or new subscribers are getting in. There have been a number of ppl complaining on Twitter that they bought a car with FSD months ago & they still haven't been let in, even with a 100 Safety Score, just like our RCCB cars haven't been let in.

Tesla.... Tesla.... Tesla! Shame on you for such short sighted business practices. (Speaking as a customer since 2012). I highly doubt I will EVER buy another vehicle from you due to the multiple years of broken promises. Yes I like the vehicles (2012 Sig85 and 2016 S90D) but you have demonstrated without a doubt that once the sale is completed (or perhaps when the warranty has expired) we become just a has-been owner.

Data Point*

Opted in Day One
Opted Out and Back In a Few times

Camera Invite: April 1st….No Joke
Appointment Made on 4/1 for 4/12
On 4/12 Appointment Pushed to 4/23 because parts weren‘t in yet.
4/18, Mobile Connector Stopped Working (Which is hilarious since they’re not including them anymore) so I called for a replacement late after work and they created a service ticket for tomorrow 4/19 to replace.

Inquired about camera upgrade parts availability which shows ordered on 4/5.. parts are in stock and slated for install during tomorrow‘s visit will report back..

Sidenote: for anyone who received a camera upgrade invite, the service option will be in the new place at the top (same as when you get an alert) and if you’ve created a ticket already and would like to see if they ordered the parts simply go to your service appointment, hit “manage appointment”, then “Services”, then “Upgrades & Accessories”, under camera upgrade it will show date parts were ordered. I normally close out the app after this as to not make any Inadvertent changes.

Attachments

• E1AE9883-F374-487A-881B-D2327F26D0DD.jpeg
    E1AE9883-F374-487A-881B-D2327F26D0DD.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 66
Sidenote: for anyone who received a camera upgrade invite, the service option will be in the new place at the top (same as when you get an alert) and if you’ve created a ticket already and would like to see if they ordered the parts simply go to your service appointment, hit “manage appointment”, then “Services”, then “Upgrades & Accessories”, under camera upgrade it will show date parts were ordered. I normally close out the app after this as to not make any Inadvertent changes.
@Shane23 , thank for taking the time to put together that side note. I added it to the Gssheet: "AP2.0 Camera Upgrade Rollout Status" (opening post)

• Informative
Reactions: Shane23
Oh speaking of the bottom app bar, in case some of you guys dont know, you can drag the heated seat icon down to the left side of the bar and it DOES NOT take up an app slot. and when the climate is split or someone is sitting in the passenger seat, the passenger side heated seat icon will appear next to the temperature on the right side as well. so you can have the heated seat icons back in the bottom bar and not take up any of the 4 precious app spots!

This was not documented and I only found out after watching a youtube video before doing it to my own Model S.

Oh speaking of the bottom app bar, in case some of you guys dont know, you can drag the heated seat icon down to the left side of the bar and it DOES NOT take up an app slot. and when the climate is split or someone is sitting in the passenger seat, the passenger side heated seat icon will appear next to the temperature on the right side as well. so you can have the heated seat icons back in the bottom bar and not take up any of the 4 precious app spots!

This was not documented and I only found out after watching a youtube video before doing it to my own Model S.
When I tried it last night the heated seat icon did take up an app spot. Do you have a link to the YouTube video that shows this?

@Shane23 , thank for taking the time to put together that side note. I added it to the Gssheet: "AP2.0 Camera Upgrade Rollout Status" (opening post)
Thank you definitely missed it..

Also for whatever reason they would not show me parts lists on my estimate so that I could verify the correct part numbers; just says check tire pressure etc..

I asked them why? And they said they have a new virtual team that handles all service tickets, and they’re still figuring things out.

At first I thought it was a BS answer but I have noticed that once a ticket is written, if you go back and check it, everything says “customer states” as if someone rewrote it all..

Car is currently in service with a pickup time of 6pm.. let’s see what they forget or mess up..

from the investors call:
“Elon has historically provided FSD timelines with not optimal accuracy. We love the optimism for 2022 release, but is there any data Tesla can share with investors to help them make their own conclusions on progress being made, interventions per mile driven or any other data?”
“The best way to reach your own assessment is to join the Tesla Full Self-Driving beta program where we have over 100,000 people right now enrolled in that program and we expect to broaden that significantly this year. So that’s my recommendation, join the Full Self-Driving beta program and experience it for yourself and take note of the rate of improvement with every release.”
Hmm if only it was as simple as “joining” the program and experiencing it for yourself 😆😓

from the investors call:

Hmm if only it was as simple as “joining” the program and experiencing it for yourself 😆😓
This is what makes me think the 100,000 figure is... inaccurate. I could maybe believe the 60,000 figure from a few months ago, but by all counts, we would've heard of many new folks being added since December. Aside from a handful of Canadians, I think the 100,000 figure that's been recently quoted by Elon in the TED talk and last night's quarterly call also includes folks like us who have requested FSD Beta, but haven't actually received FSD Beta.

Reactions: pilotSteve
This is what makes me think the 100,000 figure is... inaccurate. I could maybe believe the 60,000 figure from a few months ago, but by all counts, we would've heard of many new folks being added since December. Aside from a handful of Canadians, I think the 100,000 figure that's been recently quoted by Elon in the TED talk and last night's quarterly call also includes folks like us who have requested FSD Beta, but haven't actually received FSD Beta.
The rolling stop recall would have gone out to all who had FSD beta, and it went to 53,822 cars. So the almost 60k was a very generous rounding.
To say that it is now over 100k, that's pretty much a double... and the % users on FSD beta in Teslafi has not doubled.

I sent this Tweet to Teslascope, but of course no reply; I am pretty much invisible on Twitter.

You might be right? Who knows. One theory is they want to keep us in the Safety score program getting our data on driving for their insurance program. If Elon says they are not adding new users they would lose a fair amount of us keeping the score up. Just a theory. Data could be valuable to them? Tracking more than we think about how people drive?

S90D delivered Feb 2017
Scheduled for Portland SC invited camera upgrade Apr 26. (Yay). I’m looking at part numbers at top of thread and comparing to invoice they’ve attached to the service request. Triplecam and pillar cams match. Repeater cams part numbers do not match. Invoice shows:

LAMP ASY, SIDE 1.00 REPEATER (RH)
(1034345-00-B)
LAMP ASY, SIDE 1.00 REPEATER CAMERA,
LEFT HAND(1495866-
22-C

Top of thread reads as:
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, RH 1642011-00-A
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, LH 1642010-00-A

Entirely possible that the SC numbers are for a more modern version than top of thread, and all is well? Or am I in trouble?