Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your safety score could be 100 or 0 right now. End result is the same. You aren't getting squat. I just keep mine on and drive as normal. Can reset later if needed.
so right. I am done with caring how I drive. I have installed the new cameras and waited about 3 months already. No FSD invite. Any other people in my boat? New camera installation but no invite?

so right. I am done with caring how I drive. I have installed the new cameras and waited about 3 months already. No FSD invite. Any other people in my boat? New camera installation but no invite?
Many listed here in the spreadsheet that is in the opening post.

I gave up on the FSDBeta score game. Installed side/repeater cameras myself. Still waiting on the camera invite. Crazy how there are still reports of the wrong cameras showing up on the invoices. How is there not an official procedure with the right cameras in their system yet? So odd.

LOL bro I got my invite the beginning of December and got cams installed in January. I lasted until beginning of April before I gave up and opted out. Been enjoying my amazing car all month! I don’t mind waiting until a wide release at this point.

Not the only one. There are lots of us. And it's especially frustrating when Elon lies and says 100k are in on the earnings call...
LOL bro I got my invite the beginning of December and got cams installed in January. I lasted until beginning of April before I gave up and opted out. Been enjoying my amazing car all month! I don’t mind waiting until a wide release at this point.
Us too... Early December invite, cameras installed first week of January, still no FSD Beta.

Not the only one. There are lots of us. And it's especially frustrating when Elon lies and says 100k are in on the earnings call...

Us too... Early December invite, cameras installed first week of January, still no FSD Beta.
As a FSD beta user, it is a fun toy, but I can tell you that you're not missing much.

Last edited by a moderator:
just because YOU don't think FSD beta is in a good place, doesn't mean we aren't missing much.
WE want to help test and improve the software WE have paid for.
It was said and implied from the start if you have the required hardware and software plus score, you would get Beta access.
Last fall Elon didn't say, if you have everything and a 99+ score you MIGHT get in.
They said to get Beta access, you need updated cameras, FSD purchase or sub, and a score of 98+ with 100 miles driven.
THOSE were the stated requirements.

It would be a completely different story if they would ever just say why they aren't letting those who meet the requirements into the Beta program.

They said to get Beta access, you need updated cameras, FSD purchase or sub, and a score of 98+ with 100 miles driven.
Did I blink and miss the "new camera" requirement? Is this the orange flashing at night with turn signal problem with the side repeaters? Maybe in the first 164 pages of this thread... Can I trouble someone to pass along that reference please?

Reactions: pilotSteve
Did I blink and miss the "new camera" requirement? Is this the orange flashing at night with turn signal problem with the side repeaters? Maybe in the first 164 pages of this thread... Can I trouble someone to pass along that reference please?
Updated front triple cam and side repeater cameras are only required for Model S or X manufactured before August 2017. AP 2.0 or older.

AP2.5 or new built September 2017 or later do not need camera upgrades for FSD.

More testing on a "drive reset". I've done this twice so far with 2 successes and no fails. But obviously a tiny sample so take it with a grain of salt.

Driving to work today had another fake FCW. When arriving I put the cat in park, opted out of FSD BETA, immediately opted back in. Then wait a full 60 seconds - do not open a door, charge door, or lift your bum off the seat. Just sit there and meditate for a moment. Drive (but not total score) disappeared saying I have no drives for the day once i left the car. After the wait time you can drive again and it will be scored from that point on, even if you do not get out. I suspect it's just the door opening or related car shutdown that triggers it but don't know.

Again, very speculative. Maybe someone can try to duplicate? I'll continue testing as well.
I actually opted out again out of frustration a couple days ago but if this is true I'm opting back in!

More testing on a "drive reset". I've done this twice so far with 2 successes and no fails. But obviously a tiny sample so take it with a grain of salt.

Driving to work today had another fake FCW. When arriving I put the cat in park, opted out of FSD BETA, immediately opted back in. Then wait a full 60 seconds - do not open a door, charge door, or lift your bum off the seat. Just sit there and meditate for a moment. Drive (but not total score) disappeared saying I have no drives for the day once i left the car. After the wait time you can drive again and it will be scored from that point on, even if you do not get out. I suspect it's just the door opening or related car shutdown that triggers it but don't know.

Again, very speculative. Maybe someone can try to duplicate? I'll continue testing as well.
Is it possible the FCW isn't always scored as a big deduction anymore? I had one last week, and I was prepared to see it drag down my score. But there was no apparent impact. It was one of those spurious why-the-hell-did-it-flag-that events. Maybe Tesla is starting to weed out the erroneous ones from the score?

Reactions: KArnold
Is it possible the FCW isn't always scored as a big deduction anymore? I had one last week, and I was prepared to see it drag down my score. But there was no apparent impact. It was one of those spurious why-the-hell-did-it-flag-that events. Maybe Tesla is starting to weed out the erroneous ones from the score?
How is your FCW alert set in your car? The safety score is using the medium setting. If your car is set to early you may hear one in the car that isn’t shown in safety score. Also, if you get one while on AP it won’t hurt your safety score.

As a FSD beta user, it is a fun toy, but I can tell you that you're not missing much.
I disagree, but appreciate your perspective / opinion.

We have FSD on the 2nd car - it's phenomenal. Truly a safety/convenience win in our circumstance, once the limits are understood by the driver. I use it every chance I get over the past ~5 months & much prefer;
  • a car with no safety score penalty (unquestionably safer to drive manually when not being gamed for SS)
  • frequent occasions when I can let my mental guard down, allowing the car to "deal" with light urban traffic in predominantly optimal road markings/conditions

We have FSD on the 2nd car - it's phenomenal. Truly a safety/convenience win in our circumstance, once the limits are understood by the driver. I use it every chance I get over the past ~5 months & much prefer;
  • a car with no safety score penalty (unquestionably safer to drive manually when not being gamed for SS)
  • frequent occasions when I can let my mental guard down, allowing the car to "deal" with light urban traffic in predominantly optimal road markings/conditions
Put simply: I have two cars - built ~1yr apart, ~same spec except for battery size. I drive them both, ~daily.

Without exaggeration - I dread driving the car without FSD (enrolled in FSD beta queue / SS) and I love driving the car with FSD.

$0.02

This is why I'm so desperate to get FSD Beta, to achieve these 2 points. Because I know we would have the same huge benefits.