Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I got a message from Tesla saying my camera parts are in for the upgrade. I have heard somewhere in this forum that people are getting incorrect parts put in sometimes? Can anyone confirm if the part numbers in this screenshot is correct? Thanks so much!
Screenshot_20220428-110247_Drive.jpg

Ah, sorry I wasn't aware of that. Ok, so comparing that first post to the screenshot of the Tesla invoice, it appears that the side repeater cameras are incorrect but the other cameras are correct? I assume it is vital that all the cameras are correct and if this is not fixed I would never get FSD beta? Any recommendations on how to bring this up to the service center in a way that gets them to actually fix it? Thank you all again
Screenshot_20220428-113426_Chrome.jpg

it appears that the side repeater cameras are incorrect but the other cameras are correct View attachment 798434
Well… your parts are 1495866-22-C and 1495867-22-C which presumably are even newer than what others have been getting. Do you want to take the potential risk of getting hardware that's "too new" relative to old hardware that has been confirmed to get into FSD Beta?
I agree! HW4 code can be found in 2022.4.5.15 and above and there are new side repeater cameras, even for our Oct 2016 - Jan 2021 [S2] Model S' 1495866-22-C and 1495867-22-C View attachment 787023
Were you referring to these new side repeater cameras also as "HW4" or just that there's newer version of the computer? Any suggestions for what chadm369 should do if these newer cameras are installed?

Were you referring to these new side repeater cameras also as "HW4" or just that there's newer version of the computer?

Separate things.

On one hand, there are lines of code in recent firmware that reference a DAS (Autopilot) HW4 computer.

And on the other hand, there are also new side repeater part numbers, (I have no idea what's new with them in comparison to all the previous revisions and iterations), but they should work with the current HW3 (FSD) computer, since these new side repeaters are listed as official replacement parts for Legacy Model S/X on Tesla's Part Catalog.

Any suggestions for what chadm369 should do if these newer cameras are installed?

Take them out for a spin and let us know if there's anything noticeably new with them. Maybe image quality, wider lense angle, or a full RGB color spectrum... Who knows 🤷‍♂️. Maybe they just fixed the orange light bleeding issue when the turn signal was on.

Last edited:
Separate things.

There are lines of code in recent firmware that reference a DAS (Autopilot) HW4 computer.

And there are also new side repeater part numbers, (I have no idea what's new with them in comparison to all the previous revisions and iterations), which should work with the current HW3 (FSD) computer, as these new side repeaters are listed as official replacement parts for Legacy Model S/X on Tesla's Part Catalog.

Take them out for a spin and let us know if there's anything new with them. Maybe image quality, wider lense angle, or a full RGB color spectrum... Who knows 🤷‍♂️. Maybe they just fixed the light leak when the turn signal is on.
Aren’t the new side repeaters to fix the orange glare issue with the ones that let light bleed through? There have been reports of some owners getting them swapped out now for free under warranty instead of Tesla denying the claims like they did at first.

Thank you everyone. Some of you mentioned that the part numbers on my invoice that don't match the recommended part numbers in the first post in this thread are because they are new models, not old ones. With that understanding, I think it makes the most sense for me to move forward with this appointment. As long as I'm not getting old parts, I have to assume these will work for FSD beta. Thank you again.

Thank you everyone. Some of you mentioned that the part numbers on my invoice that don't match the recommended part numbers in the first post in this thread are because they are new models, not old ones. With that understanding, I think it makes the most sense for me to move forward with this appointment. As long as I'm not getting old parts, I have to assume these will work for FSD beta. Thank you again.
And if anything you might be better off based on knightshade’s theory that we aren’t being let in because Tesla has enough data of cars like ours. Your car would be different if it has the new side repeaters which don’t let light bleed in. Tesla may very well want to test cars with the new side repeaters on FSD Beta to see if there is a performance difference.

Hi, all. I got my camera update in February (fat lot of good that did!) and I *did* confirm with the SC and on the invoice that I got the right part numbers, as reflected in the early posts on this thread.

But when I back up, below is the image I see and I’m not sure it’s right. Those cabinets in the side camera are “Tesla red.” Is this how they should appear with new cameras? Washed out and almost grayish pink?

Attachments

• 12F75130-824F-482B-A67C-2E645EEEA01C.jpeg
    12F75130-824F-482B-A67C-2E645EEEA01C.jpeg
    676.7 KB · Views: 83
Elon is saying that the next version will likely go out to all high safety score participants next week:

Of course what is a "high" safety score? 98? 99? Only 100s?

We're talking about Elon here.
First of all, probably next week means sometime in May. More likely 2-3 weeks away.
Second, he saying beta participants. What is a "participant"? I don't know if means wide release as in, everyone who currently has FSD beta, or if he actually means anyone in the queue with a 98+ score...

Not sure if I should trust him and opt back in or just keep waiting. Also don't want to miss my chance if he's actually telling the truth...

Elon is saying that the next version will likely go out to all high safety score participants next week:

It’s hard to believe Elon when he says one week. We’re all use to two weeks with a few extra days of a delay due to working out the bugs. I guess I’ll opt back in. It’s been real nice being able to take sharp turns and brake any way I want.

It’s hard to believe Elon when he says one week. We’re all use to two weeks with a few extra days of a delay due to working out the bugs. I guess I’ll opt back in. It’s been real nice being able to take sharp turns and brake any way I want.
Word of warning.
Look what happened to my safety score (@ 100, for 5 months) when i left my car with Tesla service for brake replacement yesterday (they had it all day yesterday & today, I’m yet to collect).
I guess someone at Tesla service was testing the brakes (without service mode enabled)?
Well if this cuts me out of FSD “next week” - someone’s gonna get ……… a sternly worded email 🤷🏻‍♂️. 😂

Attachments

• C67C4102-E832-4DA8-AAAC-67AB27C7D820.png
    C67C4102-E832-4DA8-AAAC-67AB27C7D820.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Funny
Reactions: dbldwn02
Word of warning.
Look what happened to my safety score (@ 100, for 5 months) when i left my car with Tesla service for brake replacement yesterday (they had it all day yesterday & today, I’m yet to collect).
I guess someone at Tesla service was testing the brakes (without service mode enabled)?
Well if this cuts me out of FSD “next week” - someone’s gonna get ……… a sternly worded email 🤷🏻‍♂️. 😂
That’s just uncalled for. SC quality is up there now with panel gaps from my experience. I saw somewhere that opting out wipes out your SS history again. Maybe you can opt out then opt back in. Give it an extra day if your SS doesn’t clear right away. Good luck I hope everything works out.

Reactions: dogldogl