Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d like to experience it myself. I’ve been driving my model X Plaid with a safety score of 99 for 2 months and have not received the FSD software?
No one in the US has received it since December, not even the new Plaid owners.

This weekend is the first real chance…but as usual, you can read Elon’s tweet a few different ways. It might be another misleading statement.

Reactions: GoofyGoober
I opted back in yesterday morning. Drove to work. Drove home. 26 miles total. Slept overnight. Drove to work today 12 miles.
Safety score is still not in my app?
But I’m absolutely enrolled in the fsd beta queue. My car shows that because when I click on it in the menu the only option is the “opt out” button.
Should I be concerned?

I also checked TeslaFi, and it doesn't show a score for yesterday or today either...

Last edited:
I opted back in yesterday morning. Drove to work. Drove home. 26 miles total. Slept overnight. Drove to work today 12 miles.
Safety score is still not in my app?
But I’m absolutely enrolled in the fsd beta queue. My car shows that because when I click on it in the menu the only option is the “opt out” button.
Should I be concerned?

I also checked TeslaFi, and it doesn't show a score for yesterday or today either...
I had this issue before as well. I had to force a reboot before it actually started tracking my drives / SS in the app.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert

You folks have some good points. This reminds me about how I think the score often doesn't really rank your odds of having an accident or being safe. One example, I pressed firmly on the brakes to avoid a person running a red light (cops pulled her over). I get dinged when in fact I probably should have been rewarded for PREVENTING an accident. Another occasion, I started off at a stop sign when a dog came running across the street. A slight braking gets another ding. Actually I couldn't have been going more than 2 mph because I was already stopped and didn't travel more than 5 feet before applying the brakes again. Bottom line, I think we can all think of situations where the score punishes you when in fact it should be rewarded you for avoiding an issue. I've never gotten a collision warning so not sure if that is accurate. I sure hear a bunch of folks complaining of false warnings though.

Now, having said that, on the one car that I have a safety score, it is still 98 or higher and I don't even try to drive in a way to keep it high. I just drive the same way I always do. I like to occasionally look at it to see how it works and what it thinks is not good driving. I'm not impressed that it properly gauges a person's safe driving.

Just for grins, tried again to schedule the camera upgrade with no invitation - no joy. Also asked if the SC knew of anyone at corporate I could talk to about it - they do not.

This is 1 of 3 SC's in Ohio. He also said they have done exactly 1 upgrade total.

They literally could not have worse customer service. If nothing else they should be thinking "karma". 🤔 I'm sure it will catch up to them.

I disagree, but appreciate your perspective / opinion.

We have FSD on the 2nd car - it's phenomenal. Truly a safety/convenience win in our circumstance, once the limits are understood by the driver. I use it every chance I get over the past ~5 months & much prefer;
  • a car with no safety score penalty (unquestionably safer to drive manually when not being gamed for SS)
  • frequent occasions when I can let my mental guard down, allowing the car to "deal" with light urban traffic in predominantly optimal road markings/conditions
yeah. we have paid for FSD. but most of us haven't gotten anything close to what Tesla promised when we paid the 10,000+ up front years ago.

Reactions: pilotSteve
sorry, I should have been more clear. I did a soft reboot of the MCU (push down on the two scroll wheels on the steering wheel for approx 10-15 seconds until the main display screen goes black).
Gotcha.
Well so far today I have done a power off restart, a scroll wheel restart, and logging in and out of the app multiple times. Nothing will get the safety score to actually show.
Very weird.

Just for grins, tried again to schedule the camera upgrade with no invitation - no joy. Also asked if the SC knew of anyone at corporate I could talk to about it - they do not.

This is 1 of 3 SC's in Ohio. He also said they have done exactly 1 upgrade total.

They literally could not have worse customer service. If nothing else they should be thinking "karma". 🤔 I'm sure it will catch up to them.

That really sucks. The camera invite rollout is another thing they botched. Service centers are a mix of incompetence and carelessness.

Gotcha.
Well so far today I have done a power off restart, a scroll wheel restart, and logging in and out of the app multiple times. Nothing will get the safety score to actually show.
Very weird.
For me, it did this every time I decided to take a sabbatical from the SS, then decide to opt back in. Generally, the first drive after the MCU reboot wouldnt register (and it didnt show the SS in the app). Subsequent drives would then immediately show up.

• Helpful
Reactions: GoofyGoober
1651615200037.png

How do you get this to show up when you comment?