Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update

After delay to get correct cameras ordered, update has been done. Final invoice lists all correct part numbers, but…

While driving home I passed under a blinking yellow light that showed on IC as yellow sometimes and red sometimes. I thought these cameras were supposed to fix exactly

Also with repeaters showing on main screen and a red car is in the field, it shows as orange. All colors muted, blue car shows as blue, grass is green. Grey and rainy day so no sky data.

Is it possible that I need FSD SW to see these colors better? Standard SW not processing RCCB fully for my vintage car?

2017 S90D MCU2

dont have a before video. But it’s the behavior of the Instrument Cluster animation for stop lights that’s bugging me. A blinking yellow light will cause the animation to blink red and yellow (yellow yellow red yellow red red etc). Isn’t fixing this the reason for the new filters? Separating yellow and red?
I wouldn’t be too concerned about it. I’m one of the few lucky ones that got FSD Beta back in December with my upgraded cameras and MCU on a 2016 AP2 MS and I still observe exactly what you described with red and yellow lights on the IC. I haven’t noticed any situations where FSD is definitely affected by it. It’s certainly possible it’s a problem but it shouldn’t prevent you from receiving FSD or running FSD as well as newer cars. Just my $0.02.

I know what you're saying... on mine that behavior improved with the new camera, but it's not completely fixed... could also be due to the logic, as it expects red to come after yellow.

Best way to know is to review the image, and best to compare it.

If you have a USB in your car it might still have dash-cam recordings with the old camera.

If you don't have a USB in your car, then you should immediately go get one for it before you do anything else.
Thanks. Will hunt for old images and attempt compare.

Also note that it took 3 weeks to go from 10.11 to 10.11.2 and even then not every beta tester received 10.11.2 right away at that 3 week mark...
Details... details... In other news!

Elon said FSD beta will go to 1 million users this year!
Me: woo hoo! Party time!
... he said "probably"...
Me: Meh :-( Hopefully not same way it went from almost 60k (ahem... 53,822) to 100k

Details... details... In other news!

Elon said FSD beta will go to 1 million users this year!
Me: woo hoo! Party time!
... he said "probably"...
Me: Meh :-( Hopefully not same way it went from almost 60k (ahem... 53,822) to 100k

No way 1 million vehicles (out of the ~2 million they’ve made) have FSD Capability to qualify for the FSD Beta. Is FSD Beta going to be free?

Well they are probably going to make another 500k to 1 million more this year so by year end they could have up to almost 3 million on the road.

Though I agree there is absolutely no way the take rate of FSD is over 1/3 of owners. And unless they bring the price back down instead of always going up at some point the take rate is going to be so miniscule.

I had a question about the camera invites. Do people only get the camera invites if they have scores higher than 98? I have been between 93-95, unfortunately when I ever I start bringing it up, my spouse brings the score down again. I think we are both getting better at working with the safety score but it may be a while before we are 98+. If they ever do start letting us in the beta again I would hate to not have the camera upgrade when they do it.

Do people only get the camera invites if they have scores higher than 98?
Really, nobody knows. I don't think Elon knows and he most certainly does not care. Their web site clearly says it is based on SS. But I've had a 98%+ ever since the beginning and have nada. Clearly SS is not the primary criteria, assuming there is one. I'm in the random camp as I can't make any sense of the camera rollout. I'll be from Missouri on this one - show me! Talk (especially Elon-speak) is meaningless.