Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To my surprise I just got the cam upgrade email. Updated the XLSX and see another also got it today. Scheduled for Tuesday. Only option was mobile - anyone get it done that way? I'm now expecting an email (probably on Monday) saying I need to take it to the SC. Of course I'm out of town after that for a while.

Now praying for the right parts and asked them to provide that info ASAP. Must be getting cold in you know where. I've convinced myself Jesus will return before I get FSD Beta - still feels like even money! 😁
I had it done through Mobile Service. Took them two attempts since they came out with duplicate parts. The actual install doesn’t take long, but they took my car out on the interstate for calibration. Put like 20 miles or so on my car, IIRC.

Also just got cameras done on one of our Xes (I don't know if it's the right parts lol), but hopefully it is correct
Interesting… the parts for your B pillars are 1069104-SL-D and 1069104-SR-D instead of what other Xs have been getting: 1092311-98-F and 1092312-98-F. The Parts Catalog shows your installed parts are shared for both S and X under Electrical / Front Camera / Forward Facing Cameras, so maybe Tesla is now replacing just the camera instead of the whole pillar applique?

I started this thread and I hate it so much, I wish it was over.

Feels like there is light at end of the tunnel.
Wow, time flies when you are — or in this case aren’t — having fun. I see this thread is almost 9 months old. I got new cameras in November and FSD Beta invite in late December. It is ridiculous that some of my fellow late 2016 purchasers are still waiting for cameras much less FSD Beta.

I am a little puzzled about the MCU1 folks. Tesla did indicate they would be included but it seems obvious there is a game of chicken being played — at the affected owners’ expense. Just another crappy example of how Tesla has forgotten the many owners in 2016 who took a leap of faith on a company with a then dubious future.

Last edited:
I had it done through Mobile Service. Took them two attempts since they came out with duplicate parts. The actual install doesn’t take long, but they took my car out on the interstate for calibration. Put like 20 miles or so on my car, IIRC.
Mine was done at home last year. I told them I would drive the car to get cams to calibrate. He ran some sort of diagnostic to ensure the cameras were working, as I watched him. When I took the car out on the road that evening, the cameras calibrated in under 5 miles.

To my surprise I just got the cam upgrade email. Updated the XLSX and see another also got it today. Scheduled for Tuesday. Only option was mobile - anyone get it done that way? I'm now expecting an email (probably on Monday) saying I need to take it to the SC. Of course I'm out of town after that for a while.

Now praying for the right parts and asked them to provide that info ASAP. Must be getting cold in you know where. I've convinced myself Jesus will return before I get FSD Beta - still feels like even money! 😁

Mobile service did my camera upgrade and it was perfectly fine. I did have to go back to the service center a few weeks later though because they installed the wrong triple cam so they had to get me the right one.

PSA - explicitly ask (demand) they keep service mode enabled during calibration drive......
Else you may find yourself bumped out of FSD beta eligibility.

Reactions: KArnold
Mine was done at home last year. I told them I would drive the car to get cams to calibrate. He ran some sort of diagnostic to ensure the cameras were working, as I watched him. When I took the car out on the road that evening, the cameras calibrated in under 5 miles.
Mobile service compelted the camera upgrade on mine after 3 trips to my house, I took the car out for calibration and it took less than 10 miles. I also calibrated the cameras myself last month and I discovered F2C is not counted while calibrating the cameras.