Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a really bad FCW Thursday because the car in front of me slammed on their brakes to make a turn. I wasn’t close at all but the cameras saw the car and the car started screaming at me. Probably because we were going 45mph. I was so disappointed I reset my SS because I had a feeling Elon would say two more weeks lol! But IM SOOO happy for everyone that is being added. I’m thinking about doing a round trip on the freeway to rack up the miles. Or maybe it wasn’t meant to be right now.

I got a really bad FCW Thursday because the car in front of me slammed on their brakes to make a turn. I wasn’t close at all but the cameras saw the car and the car started screaming at me. Probably because we were going 45mph. I was so disappointed I reset my SS because I had a feeling Elon would say two more weeks lol! But IM SOOO happy for everyone that is being added. I’m thinking about doing a round trip on the freeway to rack up the miles. Or maybe it wasn’t meant to be right now.
in the same boat. RT to Santa Cruz tomorrow from bay area 🤣 Hope will not miss this 100k train 😭

Reactions: HELLAWATTS
I don't subscribe to it :( so no way of knowing
I highly recommend it. Let me know please if you’d like my referral code for a longer free trial. Perhaps even signing up now would allow you to see which software your car is waiting to download.
Did my first FSD beta drive last night. Pretty impressive overall, but one thing that stuck out was it simply will not turn left at a blinking red or blinking yellow light even if there are no other cars in sight. Is this normal for the rest of you?
From YouTube videos I’ve seen it seems that the car doesn’t proceed in those situations. DirtyTesla has had some videos where he is at a blinking yellow left arrow and the car won’t go until the arrow turns green even when it’s clear.

I wish the app showed the software update version.
I'm out of town, car parked at the airport, and I got a software update notification this evening... "connect to wifi to download... I want to know the version!! But won't know until I get back :oops:
I opened up the app on my phone this morning... and the software update was downloaded and ready to install even though it never connected to WIFI!!
It actually downloaded it over LTE anyway... regular updates never download over LTE... sure enough, it was ready to install 12.3.20 :)

I'm install it now even though I won't be back for a few days!!

Congratulations everyone! Happy Beta weekend!

It’s been a long time coming for many of us but for some the journey has not ended. We may have beta now but do your best not to forget about this thread and continue supporting those still waiting for camera invites. It remains a grueling process.

I received 10.12.2 on my DIY camera retrofitted MS this weekend and enjoying it very much!

This confirms it is possible for beta to be pushed to a car that had the cameras changed outside of Tesla if anyone wishes to bypass the camera invite and install their own after sourcing parts.

I haven’t heard from @technoz yet but I may be the only DIY retrofitted car on Beta currently.

Not sure if someone posted this but there seems to be new requirements to the SS game. 100 miles on Autosteer.

I think I blew it!!

I have a safety score of 99, camera retrofit complete (in Jan/Feb), MCU2 upgrade but I don’t think I have 100 miles of autosteer since opting in, given a lot of my driving is in the city.

This far, no download available! Had I known this was a requirement, I def would have taken a few road trips to meet it.

I think I blew it!!

I have a safety score of 99, camera retrofit complete (in Jan/Feb), MCU2 upgrade but I don’t think I have 100 miles of autosteer since opting in, given a lot of my driving is in the city.

This far, no download available! Had I known this was a requirement, I def would have taken a few road trips to meet it.
But it is not too late. Perhaps you "MAY" have missed out of yesterday's push, but you can be in there soon.

It’s been a long time coming for many of us but for some the journey has not ended. We may have beta now but do your best not to forget about this thread and continue supporting those still waiting for camera invites. It remains a grueling process.

I received 10.12.2 on my DIY camera retrofitted MS this weekend and enjoying it very much!

This confirms it is possible for beta to be pushed to a car that had the cameras changed outside of Tesla if anyone wishes to bypass the camera invite and install their own after sourcing parts.

I haven’t heard from @technoz yet but I may be the only DIY retrofitted car on Beta currently.

100%.

If it wasnt for this thread and people raising awareness on Twitter, we'd still have nothing.

But it is not too late. Perhaps you "MAY" have missed out of yesterday's push, but you can be in there soon.
I know this thread is the birthplace of “new false hope” but FWIW, TeslaFi is showing only 10% of current FSD participants are new additions.
So that might imply Elon’s 60K -> 100K 🤨 window is yet to close.
#elonMath

Im at 96% safety score nothing here yet. Wondering if I should opt out and back in.

I was waiting for the camera upgrade invite before I started worrying about my safety score. I'm currently at an 83. Does the safety score have any bearing on getting the cameras upgraded or not?
Tesla states SS affects when you get the camera invite. Based on my casual observations, it certainly isn’t the only criteria. Several with less than 100 received invites before me even though I maintained 100. It’s also regional perhaps (parts easier to get in certain areas).