Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes agreed. Although getting FSD during 100k new testers push, implies only folks who are not getting it are most likely who might never opt-in or dont want FSD. ...
I think those RCCB cameras were the real problem with all the delays. Had Tesla admitted that we needed camera upgrades and had there been no parts delays most of us early adopters would have onboarded the FSD train much earlier.
Wonder what percentage of us are still waiting on the camera upgrade phone app inbox 'e-mail'?

Reactions: Vector2
And now all of us that got FSD Beta just have to remember to go back to page 1 & update the spreadsheet with the day we got in! I'm about to do that now.
Not gonna lie guys, I think we have the perfect cars for FSD.

- No annoyances from cabin camera nags/strikeouts.

- No forcing the use of auto high beam because of our physical high beam switch.

- Round wheel to easily let it slip through on turns.

Happy 2nd beta push! Let’s keep it goin!
I agree!! But we do only get 3 strikes (instead of 5), so we have to be extra careful to make sure the car feels our hand on the steering wheel because otherwise we could easily get a strikeout that way. It seems that in situations where the car is unsure you get only 1 second or less after it asks for your hand on the wheel before it becomes a strikeout.

Anyone hugely disappointed with FSD? It disabled my radar and is using Vision-Only and the phantom braking is completely out of control. It was never an issue before. FSD is turning into oncoming cars, accelerating near stop signs, getting confused on left turns with no other cars around. Its just scary to use. I must be a poor candidate for FSD beta testing. What is everyone else's experience? 2017 S90D here.

Anyone hugely disappointed with FSD? It disabled my radar and is using Vision-Only and the phantom braking is completely out of control. It was never an issue before. FSD is turning into oncoming cars, accelerating near stop signs, getting confused on left turns with no other cars around. Its just scary to use. I must be a poor candidate for FSD beta testing. What is everyone else's experience? 2017 S90D here.

Yes I have a very similar experience. I think it's normal. I asked my friend with a new Model Y and he has the same experience as well.

It really depends where you use it. In some areas it's ok, in others it's laughably dangerous.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed but am surprised as to where it has struggled this weekend. Some places it is doing great in my area. In some other spots it's been pretty bad. The visualizations on the screen are awesome though.
My part of Colorado Springs has a lot of hills, but on youtube I've seen videos of it handling parts of San Francisco with ease. Makes sense about the "overtuned to California".

Obviously FSD will continue to improve. Just use it where you feel comfortable. Take note of trouble spots and click the report button when it makes a big mistake.

I think you're disappointed due to how many videos we've seen of FSD driving in California perfectly, but now FSD is driving in states and cities and regions it's never actually been. It's trying to drive based on what it's learned. Maybe with time in our new areas, it will improve quickly.

My first drive I was mad because I had to take over several times, but today on my way to work I only took over once. I admit it was awkward in a few spots, but nothing dangerous or illegal.
Also, I'm just not letting FSD turn into parking lots or shopping centers. Way to jank still.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed but am surprised as to where it has struggled this weekend. Some places it is doing great in my area. In some other spots it's been pretty bad. The visualizations on the screen are awesome though.
My part of Colorado Springs has a lot of hills, but on youtube I've seen videos of it handling parts of San Francisco with ease. Makes sense about the "overtuned to California".

Obviously FSD will continue to improve. Just use it where you feel comfortable. Take note of trouble spots and click the report button when it makes a big mistake.

I think you're disappointed due to how many videos we've seen of FSD driving in California perfectly, but now FSD is driving in states and cities and regions it's never actually been. It's trying to drive based on what it's learned. Maybe with time in our new areas, it will improve quickly.

My first drive I was mad because I had to take over several times, but today on my way to work I only took over once. I admit it was awkward in a few spots, but nothing dangerous or illegal.
Also, I'm just not letting FSD turn into parking lots or shopping centers. Way to jank still.
I have limited how much I've watched the California videos because of that. I've mostly stuck to videos by Chuck Cook, Frenchie, and DirtyTesla. Based off of their videos I've seen FSD struggle with some areas that I expected it to struggle. I've also been surprised at some other areas where it has struggled. I haven't done a ton of driving yet, but it seems to do significantly worse in the dark. My biggest complaint though is that it waits way to long to slow down for red lights & stop signs. It keeps accelerating toward red lights & stop signs. I'm also surprised at how jerky it is on turns. I feel like the YouTube videos don't make it look that jerky. I have also been disappointed with the transitions from highway to city. For example, turning from a city street onto an on ramp the car quickly decides on the on ramp to accelerate rapidly up to freeway speeds, it basically floors the accelerator. Then since in MN we have flashing yellow lights for the meters on our ramps when they aren't being metered the car brakes hard for the flashing yellow lights, only to rapidly accelerate again. It also fails to use its turn signals, but I expected that based on the YouTube videos. It takes turns really fast too. I set my acceleration to "chill" but that doesn't seem to have slowed down FSD acceleration. I have tried the "assertive" and "average" settings so far, today I'll try "chill" and see how it does.

My wife is already getting sick of it... I created an extra driver profile so that I have 1 with FSD on & one with it off so that I can pick the appropriate profile based on what I want.

My wife is already getting sick of it... I created an extra driver profile so that I have 1 with FSD on & one with it off so that I can pick the appropriate profile based on what I want.
Oh I didn't know you could do this. Im already getting sick of FSD - its just not ready for rural Ohio yet. But I dont want to opt out entirely. How do you go back to normal autopilot without opting out of the Beta? I still want to try new releases.

Reactions: MTOman
Oh I didn't know you could do this. Im already getting sick of FSD - its just not ready for rural Ohio yet. But I dont want to opt out entirely. How do you go back to normal autopilot without opting out of the Beta? I still want to try new releases.
After downloading FSD Beta I went to the driver profile configuration & created a new profile while in my original profile. I then immediately hit the save button to create the initial save of settings. Then I went to the Autopilot menu & configured the settings on the new profile. I also adjusted which profile is linked to my key.

Edit: here's a video about it

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Yeah no matter which setting, it always has quick acceleration lol. I'm sure I'll get used to it. After all it's better to get up to the speed of traffic and not slow people down. Sometimes it does catch me off guard though!

The best feeling is safety score being gone! In Beta or not, I can drive the car however the hell I want!!
Maybe ppl accelerate like that in California, but not here lol
The Safety Score being gone is so nice!!

Maybe ppl accelerate like that in California, but not here lol
The Safety Score being gone is so nice!!

I live close to Tesla's former HQ and nobody around here drives like this.. Maybe in LA sure, but not in the Bay Area. It's so odd how they have the car slam the throttle then stomp on the brakes, especially since it can see the cars ahead with their brake lights on. Not sure what the logic there was.

Great that people are starting to use it (good or bad experiece) at least they get what they are paying for. I am still waiting for camera upgrade unfortunately - 😰. Anyone had any luck scheduling a service without the invite to upgrade cameras. I tried before but no one in the service center in Dublin Ca knew about the camera upgrades even though I sent them part numbers several times.

Great that people are starting to use it (good or bad experiece) at least they get what they are paying for. I am still waiting for camera upgrade unfortunately - 😰. Anyone had any luck scheduling a service without the invite to upgrade cameras. I tried before but no one in the service center in Dublin Ca knew about the camera upgrades even though I sent them part numbers several times.

You may have a better chance now trying to schedule it on your own as service centers are more familiar with the process but ymmv.

Regards to other comments, beta is definitely not perfect but holy *sugar* if my mind wasn’t blown a few times. There is no other cars on the market that can even do 1/10th of what FSD can do in its beta state.

I have such extreme anxiety now… but not because of beta. Mostly because I love my car sooo much at the moment that I would be devastated if some moron rear ended me and totaled it out. I’ve had a lot of amazing cars but this feeling is something else. I used to be able to point out a vehicle on the market I’d like to drive instead of my current one to aspire to own and daily drive one day but I’ve lost all desire, I just love my car now. Round wheel, cabin cameraless serenity.

Regards to other comments, beta is definitely not perfect but holy *sugar* if my mind wasn’t blown a few times. There is no other cars on the market that can even do 1/10th of what FSD can do in its beta state.

I have such extreme anxiety now… but not because of beta. Mostly because I love my car sooo much at the moment that I would be devastated if some moron rear ended me and totaled it out. I’ve had a lot of amazing cars but this feeling is something else. I used to be able to point out a vehicle on the market I’d like to drive instead of my current one to aspire to own and daily drive one day but I’ve lost all desire, I just love my car now. Round wheel, cabin cameraless serenity.
And lots of us probably free lifetime unlimited supercharging & a sunroof that opens too! Those are 2 amazing things that haven’t been available for years.