Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i Love my free lifetime unlimited supercharging!!!
Yes, especially with how much Supercharger rates have increased! I don't know how many of you download your supercharging reports from your Tesla account, but I download ours every time we have a month with some supercharging. I then add columns to calculate how much we would've paid if we had to pay. A recent short road trip of 1200 miles total would've cost $177!!!
Has anyone gotten a strike out yet?

This is the only thing I’m a bit paranoid about but so far my wheel holding techniques have been working and no excessive nags.
No strikeouts yet. I've been surprised at how little it asks me to hold the wheel when my hands end up off for a few seconds. Based on what I've seen in some of the YouTube videos I expected it to be much more demanding about the hands on the wheel. In situations where there is no other traffic around I've let my hands rest like I do while on AP on the highway & it's gone blocks without requesting my hands on the wheel.

If both our 2017 S and 3 just downloaded 2022.12.3.16 does that mean we aren’t likely to get beta (.20) this round?

With everyone else getting it, not getting it at this point is not great.

We have 99 and 97 safety scores. The S has all the upgrades.

If they are blocking beta for Tesla Insurance customers that would be a strange message to send.

This is the only thing I’m a bit paranoid about but so far my wheel holding techniques have been working and no excessive nags
Good to know, I have’t got enough test yet but in the AP days, on couple of long straight highways, I have to violently wiggle the steering wheel like a monkey every half mile to make it happy.

If both our 2017 S and 3 just downloaded 2022.12.3.16 does that mean we aren’t likely to get beta (.20) this round?

If they are blocking beta for Tesla Insurance customers that would be a strange message to send.

I have Tesla insurance and I got the beta.

Reactions: Mastruck

I just had 2022.12.3.16 pushed to my car. Upgraded cameras, MCU2 and a 99 safetyscore. Kinda bummed out.

Just came here to express my initial observations of FSD Beta.

First of all --- OMG! He did it! That crazy son of a bitch did it! (anyone get the reference?) The car really can drive itself! And it sees everything!

Then comes... OMG! This car is really doing everything it can to kill me. Why in the world is it taking turns at intersections this fast? Why is it waiting until the last possible moment to slam on the brakes at red lights? Where is the smooth driving I have been seeing in the YouTube videos?

Ok. The real testing starts tomorrow. This is exciting and crazy!

I just had 2022.12.3.16 pushed to my car. Upgraded cameras, MCU2 and a 99 safetyscore. Kinda bummed out.
fwiw I was pushed 2022.12.3.16 sometime early last week. Still ended up getting the beta yesterday. Don't give up, you might still get as teslafi shows new first time installs still happening. About 92 of them came from .16 release.

Reactions: Mark II and Shateam
Just came here to express my initial observations of FSD Beta.

First of all --- OMG! He did it! That crazy son of a bitch did it! (anyone get the reference?) The car really can drive itself! And it sees everything!

Then comes... OMG! This car is really doing everything it can to kill me. Why in the world is it taking turns at intersections this fast? Why is it waiting until the last possible moment to slam on the brakes at red lights? Where is the smooth driving I have been seeing in the YouTube videos?

Ok. The real testing starts tomorrow. This is exciting and crazy!
yes similar experience for me. I did my commute using FSD. Although tbh I preferred the much smoother NAP. I found FSD over zealous trying to follow the car in front almost to the extent of me thinking of taking over. The alert to hold steering are very muted you can almost miss them. I dont know if its this particular version but I lost the ability to reverse park the car into my garage. Earlier pressing park twice would activate the auto park but now it doesn't do it. Same goes for parallel parking. even crawling by a vacant parallel parking space doesn't show the option to parallel park. I wish we had the FSD visualization on the center console as well like the horizontal screens have but oh well, I guess, be grateful that you got it, I guess, right? 😂

This is the only thing I’m a bit paranoid about but so far my wheel holding techniques have been working and no excessive nags.
As one of the “chosen” who got it last December, I can report no strikes in the nearly six months.. I did get one on my 3 a couple weeks ago returning home from a flight when exhausted so probably was in the self-hypnosis mode. Luckily my 3 allows 5 strikes whereas the S only allows three for some unknown reason.

As one of the “chosen” who got it last December, I can report no strikes in the nearly six months.. I did get one on my 3 a couple weeks ago returning home from a flight when exhausted so probably was in the self-hypnosis mode. Luckily my 3 allows 5 strikes whereas the S only allows three for some unknown reason.
I was wondering this same thing. Do the new model S also have 3 strikes instead of 5 or just the legacy? Not having the cabin camera in the car would be my guess if legacy only

Reactions: Mark II
Did anyone get it pushed from .16 or eveeyone got it from .12? Just got pushed an update and it was not the beta so frustrating
We were on 2022.12.3.2. TeslaFi shows a wide variety of previous software versions for cars let in to FSD Beta on .20 though.
3 strikes without cabin camera, 5 strikes with. It seems it's easier to get a strike if the car has a cabin camera as it's sensitive to where the driver is looking & will demand a very quick reaction if the driver is looking away.

Last few days in Colorado Springs, my FSD has struggled to get in the correct lanes. Almost every time it will be driving along in the middle lane of a 3-lane road and I have a left turn ahead. It waits and waits and waits before getting in the left lane and almost every time it's way too late and there's too many cars for it to get over 2 lanes into the left turn lane. That one has been frustrating.

I don't know if it's because Colorado Springs is a new area or what, but it misses turns off a main road frequently. Almost every time actually...