Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have the 100 miles on AP in last 30 days? If not make sure to go for a nice long drive on AP and I bet you get it this evening.
I hope you’re right. I just drove 100 miles late last night / early this morning. Hopefully there’s another push tonight and I finally get added.

My best estimation is that 450-500 of the 743 miles are AP. Car was not driven from 6/3 - 6/6 though, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Unlikely not driving would keep you out. Seems like they are adding about 3-500 a time based on Teslafi. So that is only a 10% sample so 3 -5 thousand a round? If doing 100K cars they will be doing this for a few weeks?

Anyone hugely disappointed with FSD? It disabled my radar and is using Vision-Only and the phantom braking is completely out of control. It was never an issue before. FSD is turning into oncoming cars, accelerating near stop signs, getting confused on left turns with no other cars around. Its just scary to use. I must be a poor candidate for FSD beta testing. What is everyone else's experience? 2017 S90D here.
It is more careful for sure.
Disappointed? Hell no effing way!
If you don't like it, you can always get out.

Oh I didn't know you could do this. Im already getting sick of FSD - its just not ready for rural Ohio yet. But I dont want to opt out entirely. How do you go back to normal autopilot without opting out of the Beta? I still want to try new releases.
You can turn it off in the autopilot settings.
Same way (but opposite) you had to turn it on when you first got the update.
Go to autopilot settings and turn off fsd beta.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Anyone hugely disappointed with FSD? It disabled my radar and is using Vision-Only and the phantom braking is completely out of control. It was never an issue before. FSD is turning into oncoming cars, accelerating near stop signs, getting confused on left turns with no other cars around. Its just scary to use. I must be a poor candidate for FSD beta testing. What is everyone else's experience? 2017 S90D here.
Not at all.
It is quite a ride, but DEFINITELY NOT DISAPPOINTED. November 2016 S75D here

Turn it off (in your autopilot settings) if you don't want it/like it.

Yeah no matter which setting, it always has quick acceleration lol. I'm sure I'll get used to it. After all it's better to get up to the speed of traffic and not slow people down. Sometimes it does catch me off guard though!

The best feeling is safety score being gone! In Beta or not, I can drive the car however the hell I want!!
100% this!

SAFETY SCORE GONE!
I can finally drive back to normal and I love it!

It does have very quick acceleration... holy effing crap it does... very shy creeping for visibility... once clear... it takes off like a bat out of hell

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten a strike out yet?

This is the only thing I’m a bit paranoid about but so far my wheel holding techniques have been working and no excessive nags.
Besides having only 3 vs 5 because of no cabin camera, I think the wheel nags are way more frequent than those with cabin camera.
Super frequent, way way way more frequent than when it was on autosteer.

I am super paying attention to my surrounding, and don't watch the screen for the nag request... yes my hands are on the wheel and ready, but not tight to disengage.... grrrrr

No strike out yet but the nags are so darn frequent!

My best estimation is that 450-500 of the 743 miles are AP. Car was not driven from 6/3 - 6/6 though, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Not at all... I was out of town (with car park at the airport) most of May and early June.
I barely had 250 miles for the past 30 days... and was worried if I had enough AP miles... and did get it on 06/04

My SS was always 100, I opted in 9/25/2021 and never opted out

My biggest gripe is turn lanes right now. My car just cannot get them right. It either gets in the turn lane for a street or two early or it straight up is missing them. Literally going straight even though the nav is telling it to turn at a major intersection. I have a major intersection on my way to work I need to turn left at. Fsd literally doesn’t care. Never even attempts to signal or move lanes from the middle lane.
And often it waits WAY too long to even try to get in a left turn lane. It won’t even put on the turn signal or get into the turn lane until I’m practically on top of the intersection and 9/10 times there’s too many cars already there so it has no room to get over.

It’s to the point where I have to manually take over and force it into turn lanes for every intersection unless there’s no cars around.

Right now, the only difference between eap and fsd for my drive to work is that I don’t have to confirm if the light is green lol.
My car is behaving nothing like the YouTube videos.
Makes me wonder if there’s something weird with our older models still? Or if it’s just my model s having the lowest height cameras of any model so it struggles with visibility?
AI Driver in Cali seems to have great success with his legacy model s though so idk…

I wasn’t frustrated before, but now I am a little. What’s the point of fsd if I have to manually force it to turn at every intersection?

you guys that maintained a 100 score for the past 9 months are beyond impressive
Yes, me too especially if they were driving in the city. If they were driving cross country on the interstate, then easier. I wonder if any of the cars were "driven" like this car. :D
OIP.jpg

Right now, the only difference between eap and fsd for my drive to work is that I don’t have to confirm if the light is green lol.
My car is behaving nothing like the YouTube videos.
Makes me wonder if there’s something weird with our older models still? Or if it’s just my model s having the lowest height cameras of any model so it struggles with visibility?
AI Driver in Cali seems to have great success with his legacy model s though so idk…

I wasn’t frustrated before, but now I am a little. What’s the point of fsd if I have to manually force it to turn at every intersection?
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way, my car does no where near as good as the YouTube videos from YouTubers who aren't drunk on the Tesla Kool-Aid but actually show things it does wrong. It struggles with some really basic things... I've had it make a lot of really stupid lane changes too. I end up often manually telling it which lane to be in with the turn signal. I've also had it miss some easy turns.

First drive on FSD, without a doubt there are more nags, might have to buy myself an ankle weight ;). I have exactly two turns to get to work, a left out of my driveway and a right on the street of my office. It completely missed the right turn and passed the street like it wasn't even there.

The only other weird thing is that it continually wanted to change lanes (5 lane road with center turn lane) at random intervals, people behind me must've thought I was drunk as my turn signal kept going off. That said, I'm pleased so far, will need to put some miles on it to really find out the limitations.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
people behind me must've thought I was drunk as my turn signal kept going off.
Oh, so that was you? I thought you were lost. :p yes, I am just yanking your chain.
on another note, I have not had it miss any exits on the interstate in the last 4 months. I don't use it in the city up here. When I hear people say it is working a lot better then I will try again on city streets.