Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way, my car does no where near as good as the YouTube videos from YouTubers who aren't drunk on the Tesla Kool-Aid but actually show things it does wrong. It struggles with some really basic things... I've had it make a lot of really stupid lane changes too. I end up often manually telling it which lane to be in with the turn signal. I've also had it miss some easy turns.

Yeah exactly my issues. Having to force it to pick the lane it should be in.

First drive on FSD, without a doubt there are more nags, might have to buy myself an ankle weight ;). I have exactly two turns to get to work, a left out of my driveway and a right on the street of my office. It completely missed the right turn and passed the street like it wasn't even there.

The only other weird thing is that it continually wanted to change lanes (5 lane road with center turn lane) at random intervals, people behind me must've thought I was drunk as my turn signal kept going off. That said, I'm pleased so far, will need to put some miles on it to really find out the limitations.

Yeah, many times already it will just drive by a street or major road without a turn signal or acknowledgement that it's supposed to turn there lol. It just goes straight on by

Reactions: backinthelab
Everyone is experiencing lane selection issues. They need to work on the planning...

Thats my biggest gripe at the moment. At the intersection right outside my neighborhood, I need to turn left at the light only to then immediately turn right into the neighborhood. While there are two left turn lanes, FSD beta refuses to use the outside turn lane and then misses or can't get over to turn into the neighborhood. It just seems likely incredibly poor route/lane planning. Then again, if I force it into the correct lane and then reactivate FSD as I approach the light, it still tries to cutover almost like it believes there is only 1 left turn lane.

Similar issue getting off the freeway - two right-turn lanes yet it picks the right-most lane when the next intersection requires a left. I was even more surprised it picked the lane given it had a concrete barrier/curb to prevent folks from using it to merge several lanes at the busy intersection.

And while the car does feel assertive at times, I wish it could merge/change lanes quicker when needing to get over several lanes. Around Atlanta there are several spots where you may get off the interstate and immediately need to get over several lanes. While I have one spot I encounter daily on my commute, FSD at best has managed two lane changes (vs the 4 required for the left), even when there were no other cars around me. Then again, I have this same issue on NoA on the interstate near my house (400/285).....it just cant seem to manage multiple lane changes in a short distance (1/4 mile?)

I have my camera appt scheduled for Mon for my 2017 X.. Can anyone please confirm the part numbers (attached photo) are correct? Couldn’t tell from the spreadsheet.

Attachments

• 5C712FB6-EC15-451C-943F-E2F254003330.jpeg
    5C712FB6-EC15-451C-943F-E2F254003330.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 65
Looks like you're missing a camera.
Apparently 1069104-SR-D and 1069104-SL-D are the B pillar cameras only rather than the whole applique assembly
Thanks, so they're just replacing the cameras, and not the entire applique, so who cares, right? Also, thanks swt2c, I assume you mean the 1642010-00-A (LH repeater). I've asked them to confirm it's included. I got burned out maintaining 100 SS for months, so quit monitoring the forums so much. Hoping now that I finally have the camera invite combined with the expanded FSD beta invites, I can finally get my foot in the door soon.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Other than it not being in the correct lane far enough ahead of an upcoming turn, it’s done great today. Basically I forced it into the adjacent lane of the turn lane and let it go from there, or manually get in the turn lane then turn beta back on and let it take the turn.
My commute to and from work it did great going straight, moving through intersections, and doing the turns after I forced it to the correct lane.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Other than it not being in the correct lane far enough ahead of an upcoming turn, it’s done great today. Basically I forced it into the adjacent lane of the turn lane and let it go from there, or manually get in the turn lane then turn beta back on and let it take the turn.
While you are on the subject, I have never gotten it to be in the correct lane it needs to be in.... all the way back to last October version. There is one spot in particular where two lanes merge into one. The car is supposed to be in the left lane to control on my route, yet it stays in the right lane until it realizes that lane is going to end and then turns right onto another dead end street instead of merging.

• Informative
Reactions: GoofyGoober
My commute to and from work it did great going straight, moving through intersections, and doing the turns after I forced it to the correct lane.
When you say you "forced it into the adjacent lane" you mean just using the turn signal to get it to go there?
I've had to do that in a few spots, I guess it would count as an intervention, but these would be minor/easy fixes for them.
Apparently it used to be better at planning the lane in the previous version... probably a minor tweak.

One thing I don't like is how much it's using the brakes.
It doesn't plan early enough the slow down using regen... keeps maintaining speed, and then has to use the brakes.

Unlikely not driving would keep you out. Seems like they are adding about 3-500 a time based on Teslafi. So that is only a 10% sample so 3 -5 thousand a round? If doing 100K cars they will be doing this for a few weeks?
Yes, exactly... I was out of town with car parked at the airport (not driving for days) when I got the notification from the app of software update.
On the app it said at first to connect to WiFi to download... and a few hours later it told me 12.3.20 was ready to install.
It didn't wait for WiFi, it just downloaded it while the car was parked at the airport... I hit install so hard I almost broke my phone's screen lol

When you say you "forced it into the adjacent lane" you mean just using the turn signal to get it to go there?
I've had to do that in a few spots, I guess it would count as an intervention, but these would be minor/easy fixes for them.
Apparently it used to be better at planning the lane in the previous version... probably a minor tweak.

One thing I don't like is how much it's using the brakes.
It doesn't plan early enough the slow down using regen... keeps maintaining speed, and then has to use the brakes.

Either using the turn signal to get to move into the correct lane or just disengage and move into the lane myself if there's not enough time or it's a tight fit in traffic.
I haven't had an issue much with braking. Mine has been pretty smooth approaching traffic lights unless the cars in front of me slow down fast. Then FSD hits the brakes harder than it needs to.

Reactions: hybridbear
Ugh, I've been trying all the "tricks" to try to get it to download, but still waiting here!
Monday last, mine showed up and downloaded. And the driving score was a measly 93. Some kind of floodgates have been opened with 2022.12.3.20.
2018 M3 LR RWD with EAP, bought FSD in April, 2020.

Having said all that there appear to rumors that while a lot of people were let in, they didn’t take everybody on the wait list.

Central NJ is one of the most congested areas in the country. Maybe Tesla is going for the acid test?