Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Monday last, mine showed up and downloaded. And the driving score was a measly 93. Some kind of floodgates have been opened with 2022.12.3.20.
2018 M3 LR RWD with EAP, bought FSD in April, 2020.

Having said all that there appear to rumors that while a lot of people were let in, they didn’t take everybody on the wait list.

Central NJ is one of the most congested areas in the country. Maybe Tesla is going for the acid test?
However they're doing it, it's pretty annoying that they don't seem to take into account how long people have had FSD - or if they're going to use the safety score, at least prioritize people with higher scores (95 here).

My Model S (Dec 31, 2021) just finished download and is installing. SS 97%. AP just over 100 miles for this month.
Has anyone established exactly what the 100 mile criteria is besides that one post on Twitter?

Because for sure I have well over 100 miles on AP since requesting FSD beta ages ago, but I probably don't have 100 miles on AP in the last month.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I think the 100 miles on AP in the current month requirement is true.

For the current month, I have close to 300 miles of regular drivings and a SS of 96 before Monday with no FSD Beta update. Monday I drove on the Freeway around 90 miles of NOA and no FSD Beta update, SS increased to 97. Tuesday I added around 5 miles of AP on local road, still no FSD Beta. Today I added another combined 10 miles of Freeway NOA and AP local in the morning. No FSD Beta. Switched to Advanced Software update about noon time. No FSD Beta. Got the FSD Beta download when I went out to Dinner around 6:30 pm.

Prior to the current month I have over 600 miles of NOA that got rolled off.

BRB, going for a drive! Wish I knew exactly how far I have to go!
So much for that plan. :confused: I give up.

1654759497037.png

Has anyone established exactly what the 100 mile criteria is besides that one post on Twitter?

Because for sure I have well over 100 miles on AP since requesting FSD beta ages ago, but I probably don't have 100 miles on AP in the last month.
Has to be within current month. What you did 1 to 8 months ago is gone. Only the current 30 days count. If you had a score of 90 and did not drive for 30 days or more now you would have a 100 score. But no miles on Autopilot.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I think the 100 miles on AP in the current month requirement is true.

For the current month, I have close to 300 miles of regular drivings and a SS of 96 before Monday with no FSD Beta update. Monday I drove on the Freeway around 90 miles of NOA and no FSD Beta update, SS increased to 97. Tuesday I added around 5 miles of AP on local road, still no FSD Beta. Today I added another combined 10 miles of Freeway NOA and AP local in the morning. No FSD Beta. Switched to Advanced Software update about noon time. No FSD Beta. Got the FSD Beta download when I went out to Dinner around 6:30 pm.

Prior to the current month I have over 600 miles of NOA that got rolled off.
Did you get your cameras retrofitted?

Has to be within current month. What you did 1 to 8 months ago is gone. Only the current 30 days count. If you had a score of 90 and did not drive for 30 days or more now you would have a 100 score. But no miles on Autopilot.
I think this is what my problem is. Retrofit completed in Feb with a 99 SafetyScore but don’t think I have accumulated 100+ autopilot miles in the past 30 days…and thus far no beta for me!

Last edited:
However they're doing it, it's pretty annoying that they don't seem to take into account how long people have had FSD - or if they're going to use the safety score, at least prioritize people with higher scores (95 here).
We've been waiting over 5 years on our 2017 S 100D. Still no camera invite.

If FSD were to work as well as Tesla would like to think, then it should start with people having the lowest scores since they are the ones that need help driving :rolleyes: Yes, I'm joking :)

• Funny
Reactions: Shateam
A quick update from yesterday's drive home given that my MX tried to kill me twice. First instance was a merging lane after an intersection, second was going through an intersection with a slight dip in the road, both times it tried to swerve hard into the next lane, no collision alerts or anything. I caught it both times but it definitely increased the drives pucker-factor.

What happened?!?
Tried to go for a drive and put some miles on AP, but Autopilot wouldn't engage after getting those error messages.

Tried powering off and waiting 5 minutes, two-button reset, etc, but it wouldn't enable.

I recall someone else saying that this was a known issue with 2022.12.3.16 as they opened a service ticket but was closed saying it was a known issue.

Pretty frustrating to see people with 2022 Teslas get FSD before people waiting longer, but with no clear guidelines on what is holding those people up.

Let me just say that this whole Tesla FSD experience leaves a lot to be desired at best.