Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did. I opted my 2016 Mod S with upgraded computer and cameras out of the system in late January after it became obvious no more people were being added to the program. I opted back in last Sunday and received the FSD beta on Tuesday after accumulating 100 miles on auto steer…
That's so good to hear. I am slowly getting to 100 miles on autopilot. I keep getting dinged on my safety score with hard braking because I disengage autopilot when it's about to accelerate and then slam on the brakes when there is any traffic. It is extremely jerky when you are in an area with stop and go traffic. they need to work on that for sure.

I don't think there is a lot new there. NHTSA was already investigating crashes into emergency vehicles (and Tesla already made software changes in response to that issue). This is really just a change in status of that investigation.
It is also more of a change of focus, from the crashes into first responders, into if the driver monitoring Tesla is performing is sufficient.

I think this is what my problem is. Retrofit completed in Feb with a 99 SafetyScore but don’t think I have accumulated 100+ autopilot miles in the past 30 days…and thus far no beta for me!
FSD Beta was finally pushed to my car this afternoon. I attribute my delay to not accumulating the prerequisite 100 miles on autosteer.

Anyone had issues losing autosteer? This afternoon we got a “take over immediately” message while using FSD Beta. Since then autosteer has been unavailable on all driver profiles. I restarted the computer twice, we also left the car parked for awhile before driving again & nothing has brought back autosteer. Does the car need a camera calibration maybe? Any other ideas? I’m hoping it’ll work tomorrow.
Our Autosteer came back last night. I went out during the morning to do a test drive & still no autosteer. But then when going to run errands after work it was working again. Who knows why it decided to stop working for about 24 hours...

I have to admit I'm starting to get annoyed... Had FSD since 2019 and in Late December was able to get a 99 score for a week in San Francisco, not easy. Of course that is when the FSD beta was closed, so no dice and I finally left the Queue. I again have a 96+ score, with 900+ miles for over a week, about half on autosteer. Still nothing. I just get to sit here and watch everyone else get it.
Only thing I can think of is that I am on 2022.16.0.3, and it seems that will not allow an upgrade to FSD? Just curious if anyone else has this dilemma and was able to get FSD. I doubt I'll be able to maintain the score much longer.... According to TeslaFi I am one of a very select few (0%) on this software version. Uggg

I have to admit I'm starting to get annoyed... Had FSD since 2019 and in Late December was able to get a 99 score for a week in San Francisco, not easy. Of course that is when the FSD beta was closed, so no dice and I finally left the Queue. I again have a 96+ score, with 900+ miles for over a week, about half on autosteer. Still nothing. I just get to sit here and watch everyone else get it.
Only thing I can think of is that I am on 2022.16.0.3, and it seems that will not allow an upgrade to FSD? Just curious if anyone else has this dilemma and was able to get FSD. I doubt I'll be able to maintain the score much longer.... According to TeslaFi I am one of a very select few (0%) on this software version. Uggg
You are likely correct about your software version. 2022.16.0.3 is a newer branch than the current FSD Beta build being rolled out. Sadly you're paying the consequences of having opted out. By being opted out & telling Tesla that you did not want FSD Beta you got pushed to the 2022.16 software branch instead of staying on the 2022.12 branch.

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
Everyone else? If numbers are accurate, 40k we're invited in. If you think there were only 40,001 people who requested an invite, I think you may be off on your estimate 😁

So... in case you haven't noticed how rough 10.12.2 drives... 10.12.2 is a bit rougher on the edges than previous versions.
Also making mistakes that were fixed before, but solving other more difficult things. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

For comparison, check the other CYBRLFT Gauntlet Friar's challenges on previous versions.

Here's the latest on 10.12.2