Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I’ve been wondering for a while why i didn’t get FSD beta this last time around. Was opted in to the queue since last December but opted out in March because I was getting frustrated with the phantom FCWs. Jumped back in a month later in mid April and since then I’ve maintained a 100 score, although probably only about 1000 miles on the odometer and maybe 100 AP. Sounds like others are in the same boat so that’s not unique.

Only other thing is I changed out the side repeater cameras back in February due to the light bleed in my 20 TMY. Is it possible doing
so may have excluded me from the program?

I just bought the cameras off eBay based on P/N and installed them myself (cost was the reason, managed to snag a pair for $150).

Jumped back in a month later in mid April and since then I’ve maintained a 100 score, although probably only about 1000 miles on the odometer and maybe 100 AP
Be careful with "maybe 100 AP", make it more "at least". Also, we're only taking about a 30-day history with the safety score, including I presume the 100 mile AP requirement. So make sure you have at least 100 AP miles every month.

I had my cameras upgraded a couple weeks ago and FSDB came a couple days after that. But I used AP all of the time including on suburban streets.

Seems to me unlikely to be your cameras assuming you used the right part for a '20 MY.

• Disagree
Reactions: !igs
Still waiting on camera retrofit invite. It's been 8 months since they made it available, who all in the same boat?.:mad:
I was waiting on my 2016 AP2 S90D that I paid for FSD the end of 2016. I did at least 6 service requests, even though I had the $2500 MCU2 upgrade--silence. So, 45 days ago I sold that Model S (w/free Supercharging for the life of the car-not that I am bitter),
took delivery of my Model S Plaid with FSD. I Activated FSD magic button on June 5, when I read the roll out was happening.....looks like I was too late. I hate not enjoying my car, driving like a paranoid 90 year old. I have driven a over 100,000 miles on AutoPilot since the first AP1 in October 2015. I have to be the oldest of the OG, without FSD Beta. I know Elon has lot's on his plate, but, if there are any Twitter influencers out there that could throw this dog a bone, it would be appreciated. For 13 consecutive End of Quarters, I volunteered to help my local Tesla outlet educate new owners, and personally am responsible for over 40 referrals. 99 Safety score

Last edited:
Finally got my camera upgrade done today! Tech came out 2 weeks ago and installed cameras but damaged the cable going to the driver side b-pillar camera so I drove round with a slightly broken AP for 2 weeks. In that time my car has had 2 SW updates (2022.16.1.2 and 16.2). Any idea if people are still getting in to the beta? Also, since my car SW has moved beyond 2022.12, am I going to have to wait for the next major release?

Finally got my camera upgrade done today! Tech came out 2 weeks ago and installed cameras but damaged the cable going to the driver side b-pillar camera so I drove round with a slightly broken AP for 2 weeks. In that time my car has had 2 SW updates (2022.16.1.2 and 16.2). Any idea if people are still getting in to the beta? Also, since my car SW has moved beyond 2022.12, am I going to have to wait for the next major release?
No one knows for sure, but it seems, based on TeslaFi data, that the number has dropped off. My guess is that the extra 40K of invites has gone out for now. :(

Reactions: Saphira
I was waiting on my 2016 AP2 S90D that I paid for FSD the end of 2016. I did at least 6 service requests, even though I had the $2500 MCU2 upgrade--silence. So, 45 days ago I sold that Model S (w/free Supercharging for the life of the car-not that I am bitter),
took delivery of my Model S Plaid with FSD. I Activated FSD magic button on June 5, when I read the roll out was happening.....looks like I was too late. I hate not enjoying my car, driving like a paranoid 90 year old. I have driven a over 100,000 miles on AutoPilot since the first AP1 in October 2015. I have to be the oldest of the OG, without FSD Beta. I know Elon has lot's on his plate, but, if there are any Twitter influencers out there that could throw this dog a bone, it would be appreciated. For 13 consecutive End of Quarters, I volunteered to help my local Tesla outlet educate new owners, and personally am responsible for over 40 referrals. 99 Safety score
My advice: withdraw from the beta, drop the safety score, and start enjoying your Plaid. You can always check in here and see if a new rollout is in progress if you want to try again.

Be careful with "maybe 100 AP", make it more "at least". Also, we're only taking about a 30-day history with the safety score, including I presume the 100 mile AP requirement. So make sure you have at least 100 AP miles every month.

I had my cameras upgraded a couple weeks ago and FSDB came a couple days after that. But I used AP all of the time including on suburban streets.

Seems to me unlikely to be your cameras assuming you used the right part for a '20 MY.
Thanks for this suggestion. I guess my big issue is I just don’t drive enough. I’ve had the car just under 2 years and only have 6100 miles in total, so averaging ~300 total miles a month. My AP utilization definitely hasn’t been 100 miles over the last 30 days.

I guess time to set her free on the highway and see what happens :)

Does this also mean I effectively missed the last FSD rollout and have to wait until they start accepting more people again (whenever that may be)?

Thanks for this suggestion. I guess my big issue is I just don’t drive enough. I’ve had the car just under 2 years and only have 6100 miles in total, so averaging ~300 total miles a month. My AP utilization definitely hasn’t been 100 miles over the last 30 days.

Does this also mean I effectively missed the last FSD rollout and have to wait until they start accepting more people again (whenever that may be)?
Unfortunately no one really knows.... They supposedly let a bunch of people in a couple of months ago (based on watching the 'Safety Score' thread) but that seems to have petered out now.

285 loop and audible

So I took a look at the camera status excel sheet and see only 1 person who was subscribed got the retrofit. I’m currently subscribed to FSD Beta, but it worries me it won’t be complimentary or at all invited based on overwhelming majority retrofit users owning FSD and not subscribing to it. What can I assume being subscribed to FSD Beta for the RCCB cameras upgrade? And I may have missed it somewhere but is it worth a shot asking the service center every so often if they can do it instead of waiting? I’m close to cancelling my subscription but I might as well go ahead and try my best for the cameras after this long.

Can you be invited for the complimentary camera upgrade if you’re just subscribed to FSD Beta instead of owning it?
I stunt think we know. They wouldn't give a complimentary upgrade to the FSD computer. In fact you couldn't subscribe until you paid for the upgrade. I wouldn't be surprised if any needed upgrades have to be paid for with the subscription.

I wouldn't be surprised if any needed upgrades have to be paid for with the subscription.
Likely, I'd agree. https://www.tesla.com/support/full-self-driving-computer specifically says under "camera upgrade", "If you have purchased Full Self-Driving Capability...".

But I'd still escalate within Tesla - maybe they don't know either - wouldn't surprise me. Or if inclined do it yourself. Look earlier in this thread for info on that.

Likely, I'd agree. https://www.tesla.com/support/full-self-driving-computer specifically says under "camera upgrade", "If you have purchased Full Self-Driving Capability...".

But I'd still escalate within Tesla - maybe they don't know either - wouldn't surprise me. Or if inclined do it yourself. Look earlier in this thread for info on that.
Well, that was probably written before the sub became available. It's only been out there since earlier this year, I think.

Well, that was probably written before the sub became available. It's only been out there since earlier this year, I think.
Not likely given the rest of that paragraph, taken from: Full Self-Driving Computer Installations:

If you purchased Full Self-Driving capability and have Autopilot computer 2.0 or 2.5, you are eligible for a complimentary upgrade to FSD computer. Certain early production vehicles may also receive complimentary camera replacements. A complimentary hardware upgrade is not available for Full Self-Driving capability subscriptions; however, you may be eligible to upgrade at your cost.

They make it pretty clear that the subscription doesn't get free upgrades. And the way it is worded I would think that applies to the camera upgrades as well.