Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can buy them but you need to know what you’re buying cause they won’t help you with that. Create a service ticket which lays out all the part numbers you wish to order and advise if any of the part numbers that you submit cannot be found then you’d like to order the latest revision of that item. You can then either install yourself if you have basic mechanic experience or attempt to pay them to install them once they arrive at the service center to be picked up.
That’s what I provided, a list of my specific parts. They said those are not available to order at this time and closed the service request. I could push back, but at this point I’m better off waiting I think. I did go back in this thread and see a few lucky souls managed to get a complimentary upgrade as a subscriber, one could hope lol

Well, I read that as who the build is currently going out to, not that they won't be adding more FSD beta test vehicles once the existing ones get it.
Unfortunately I think you are right. They let around 100k people (supposedly) into FSD around June/July. So they would all get the 10.69.2, and those who don't already have the previous version of FSD 10.12.2 (like me) will have to wait until the expand the FSD beta again. Sometime between now and end of year based on what he said in the past.

"We got over 100,000 in the beta, so it’s not tiny, and we will be expanding that to probably 1 million people by the end of the year."

Looks like this person received FSD Beta and was not already enrolled.

DF934478-12BD-47B0-B59E-8DE719F1AD63.png
5AB4961B-3186-43B3-A977-24CB3D6DF60B.png

• Funny
Reactions: ABC2D
Looks like this person received FSD Beta and was not already enrolled.

View attachment 852327View attachment 852326

According to teslafi.com, everyone getting FSD beta 10.69.2 (aka 2022.20.15) is coming from a previous FSD beta build (one anomaly from a 2021 firmware, so probably not a regular user).

I have no idea what firmware version 10.16.2 is - that simply doesn't make any sense. Maybe 2022.16.2? But basically everyone there is going to 2022.20.7 or 2022.20.8 (not FSD beta).

So who knows what this guy is actually talking about...

Are folks generally happy with 10.69.2 ? For me the car always prefer to move into the right lane even if there is a left lane coming just few blocks away. Only then to give the left signal again and try changing it. Same for other way around. Have recorded and sent the bugs but curious if others are seeing the same behavior?
My personal impression so far...

I have actually noticed regressions with 10.69... roundabouts in my neighborhood were handled smoothly with 10.12, now 10.69 keeps randomly braking in the roundabouts.
Phantom braking in general around residential streets seems to be more frequent.
It's now ignoring speed bumps that it used to recognize before.
In my local plaza parking lot it used to slow speed to 15mph, now it keeps the main road speed of 30mph when entering the parking lot. GET OUT OF MY WAY!
Also driving MUCH closer to parked cars than 10.12 was.

So far (to me) it seems like the only improvement is the creep boundary, and the unprotected left turn, stop in the median.

I have only driven in my neighborhood since 10.69, but so far it is handling the neighborhood much more poorly compared to 10.12

CYBRLYFT shares how I feel so far about 10.69 ... starting at 22:31

For me it's very different. My 10.12.2 was struggling everywhere. Inconsistent and jerky in right and left turns. Always choosing the wrong lane. Just pretty bad.

Now 10.69.2 is blowing my socks off. I've only taken over once each way on my commute in last two days. Turns and braking are so much smoother. I only have one round about that I have to intentionally route through, and it does it perfectly.

10.12.2 was incapable of pulling out of my neighborhood. Now with 10.69.2, i can turn it on as soon as I leave my driveway and it can leave my neighborhood perfect. Exactly how I would drive.

Occasionally it can be bold and get a little too close to cars, but never does it make me feel like it's going to hit them.

For me, 10.69.2 is driving the best Beta has ever been and it's not even close.

Reactions: DJT1 and Dewg
Are folks generally happy with 10.69.2 ? For me the car always prefer to move into the right lane even if there is a left lane coming just few blocks away. Only then to give the left signal again and try changing it. Same for other way around. Have recorded and sent the bugs but curious if others are seeing the same behavior?
Well, I'll say I'm not necessarily "happy" (not fully satisfied), BUT I am happier that each new FSDb performs better than a previous version, yet sometimes introduces new unwanted behaviour as we all know.

Example close to what you say about moving in the right lane. There is a stretch of highway out here (Pyramid Highway), where there are two lanes with also a merge lane on the right. Traffic backs up in both lanes in that area which is partially due to the merge lane and part due to a traffic light much farther down the road. Speed limit is 55 mph. When traffic begins to slow down FSEb sees it can't go to the left lane to pass slow traffic because it is heavy traffic with no spots to merge in. So, it decides to move into the right merge lane that is typically clearer. It does not realize it is a merge lane even though it is clearly marked by signs and an arrow on the pavement (which also shows on the car display). Before 69.1, it never did this.

I disengage to prevent going into the merge lane. Local people know some folks like to do this to get around slower traffic only to merge back in at the last second about 500 feet down the road. It irritates people. In fact, about 4 years ago there was a road rage shooting by an out of state person toward a car that did this. Fortunately, a lot of people saw it and they got arrested.

2022-09-14_094059.jpg

I disengage to prevent going into the merge lane. Local people know some folks like to do this to get around slower traffic only to merge back in at the last second about 500 feet down the road. It irritates people. In fact, about 4 years ago there was a road rage shooting by an out of state person toward a car that did this. Fortunately, a lot of people saw it and they got arrested.
FWIW, fully using this merging lane and using a zipper merge instead of an early merge, typically speeds up traffic overall.

Just google zipper merge vs early merge.

So maybe FSDb is smarter than us!

FWIW, fully using this merging lane and using a zipper merge instead of an early merge, typically speeds up traffic overall.

Just google zipper merge vs early merge.

So maybe FSDb is smarter than us!
I'm not agreeing with that "speeds up overall" thing. At least not in the situation I explained here. This really irritates folks when they see someone purposely moving into the right lane simply because they are impatient and want to skip past about 10 cars and then pull back in. Frankly it is rude. That zipper merge thing is NOT what I described.

Reactions: plumazul and T-Mom
New FSD Beta tester expansion soon! Time to double check all the cameras are correctly configured and Safety Score higher than 80. AI Day is September 30th in 2 weeks, so 10.69.2.1 with new enrollment presumably will happen before that.

Will it be like the last release where software higher/newer than the release were excluded? If so, it will be a very small group they allow in.

For me it's very different. My 10.12.2 was struggling everywhere. Inconsistent and jerky in right and left turns. Always choosing the wrong lane. Just pretty bad.

Now 10.69.2 is blowing my socks off. I've only taken over once each way on my commute in last two days. Turns and braking are so much smoother. I only have one round about that I have to intentionally route through, and it does it perfectly.

10.12.2 was incapable of pulling out of my neighborhood. Now with 10.69.2, i can turn it on as soon as I leave my driveway and it can leave my neighborhood perfect. Exactly how I would drive.

Occasionally it can be bold and get a little too close to cars, but never does it make me feel like it's going to hit them.

For me, 10.69.2 is driving the best Beta has ever been and it's not even close.

I don't know what is going on, but for me 10.69 is behaving like an erratic, drunken sailor with seizures.
I keep hitting the report button... it's jerking me around and braking for no reason.

I tried a reboot today, then unfortunately it was raining heavily and couldn't use it to see if it improved.
I'll do a camera calibration tomorrow...
But if this behaviors keeps up, it's become border line unusable.