Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For (moderator edit) sake, this is for:

FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting​

How hard is it to grasp?

There are not many of us, but still a few and we visit this thread for pertaining information on how to get the (moderator edit) FSD

Last edited by a moderator:
sharing my update.. I had the camera update about a month ago. The part numbers seemed ok. Never got FSDb
I called Tesla, they said, "hmmm"...
I took to service center.. amazingly, was working with a guy who understood the situation.. he ran a diagnositic, and said, "they ordered the correct parts, but they installed different cameras."
I am scheduled for another service center visit. Wish me luck

So, here we are 17 days later after the first botched service appt for camera upgrade. Again, told parts are in, show up for appt. I leave the service center and look at invoice when i get home. I noticed that there is a missing camera from the parts order.............I message them and ask why are we missing the left B pillar camera? The level of incompetence here is staggering. I find it incredibly hard to believe that Tesla would do something like this....as always, the left hand and right hand clearly are not working together. It almost seems deliberate at this point? Thoughts? View attachment 861580View attachment 861580View attachment 861585
the level of incompetence on doing a simple camera replacement is insane. I had the same thing happen to me- they had to come to do my camera replacement 4 times- first time- replaced with the wrong camera part. then they didn't have the right trim. then they replaced with an OLDER camera. and finally after arguing with them, finally got the right camera. even now, I am still waiting for FSD invite. I think that they screwed up the firmware install so my car is in limbo on getting the invite. I think Tesla needs some accountability on how they handle their service visits. it doesn't make sense to continually screwing up each visit. it means you have to bring the car back multiple times, wasting your time and the service center time. if it is staff incompetence, then they need proper training. if it is on fault, they need to be fired. I have never seen such service incompetence from another manufacturer.

the level of incompetence on doing a simple camera replacement is insane. I had the same thing happen to me- they had to come to do my camera replacement 4 times- first time- replaced with the wrong camera part. then they didn't have the right trim. then they replaced with an OLDER camera. and finally after arguing with them, finally got the right camera. even now, I am still waiting for FSD invite. I think that they screwed up the firmware install so my car is in limbo on getting the invite. I think Tesla needs some accountability on how they handle their service visits. it doesn't make sense to continually screwing up each visit. it means you have to bring the car back multiple times, wasting your time and the service center time. if it is staff incompetence, then they need proper training. if it is on fault, they need to be fired. I have never seen such service incompetence from another manufacturer.
So, i picked up the car late yesterday.....im waiting for the FSD Beta invite. I am sitting on 2022.20.9. I dont know what to think about this, on one hand, they actually made up for it by offering a loaner which frankly they had never done in the history of having my car serviced, which has been 6 times I think. I was appreciative but in the back of my mind I had concerns because it wasnt supposed to be ready until tomorrow, but lo and behold, Sunday received the SERVICE complete notification and i thought, no way........ They did the side repeaters which visibly I could tell were done because they were not chromed. The B pillars of course are more difficult to detect. So, lesson for me moving forward is this.......ALWAYS check the invoice to ensure what was done is listed in the parts. Too many times have I left the service center because i have too much faith that they do what they say. After 2 botched experiences, even after yesterday, i called up to see if TESLA command could see all 5 cams reporting RCCB, and he said looks good......quite the journey just to get to the "waiting" part.

Reactions: hairdawgg
Its def not the same type of side repeater on my wife's Model Y. The cover is matte black on hers, this one is like a chrome black, maybe that is what's on the newer Model S's. I never checked them out before, but there is a sheen to it, like polished black vs chrome. Take a look.
IMG_5592.jpeg

Took the X to San Diego Kearny Mesa service center. Literally no service advisor has a clue about this issue - the one guy who understands was off today. A big doofus looks at me and starts asking about my safety score - mind you, the service request by the other advisor states - “service center installed incorrect cameras for FSDbeta - please remedy “. I’ve been a fan of Tesla since 2012, but the level of incompetence and lack of knowledge by consumer-facing personnel is pathetic.
Any company that can copy Tesla enough and put an ounce of focus on customer service will take over the EV market.

Downloading 2022.20.18.....miracle. I cant even believe it
Same here... 50%...

After the mobile tech failed to install the correct camera on Sept 22nd. He made an appointment for me on Oct 4 for at the Van Ness service center. They replaced the triple cam with the correct part. The B pillars installed by the mobile tech were correct, but he installed them on the wrong sides. They replaced them again with new camera and a new cable. I have to say the service center people were super nice, too.

Cameras took 2 days and 20+ miles to calibrate. Had to drive some distance to make up the autopilot miles I lost during the two weeks when I had no autopilot. Met the requirement on Friday, and got the download two days later. Safety score is 98.

I feel like the child safety restraint is off my car. I finally downloaded FSD Beta after driving with a Safety Score for a year! I got my camera retrofit in January. I suspected something wasn’t right so I posted my invoice here on this thread and received extremely good feedback. I made an appointment to get the left B pillar camera replaced. Then found out my front triple camera needed to be changed too. The tech that was supposed to perform the camera retrofit never did and those cameras were the originals that came off the factory line when the car was built.

5 days of waiting for the software update I finally got it. I also sent two emails to Tesla that were probably not even opened yet.

If you meet all requirements and are still waiting I suggest to check your camera retrofit invoice or make a service appointment to get the camera part numbers checked.

Thank you everyone for the constructive feedback and fast responses. This group is awesome!

Yes, i wanted to thank everyone who listened to all my bitching and complaining, it was a long wait but after driving around with FSD this afternoon for about an hour im glad i have it now, it reminds me of a driving video game where u are looking at the visualations all the while keeping an eye on what the car is doing, im very much looking forward in seeing how things progress over next few months! Its kinda a strange thing to experience

Last edited:
late 2016 Model S with FSD, Hardware 3.0, and MCU 2 here - I still haven't had time to make an appt for the cameras upgrade but sounds like they are just finally getting all the bugs worked out. I'm waiting for a new service center that's opening near my house to get the camera upgrades done - hopefully next few months!! Loving FSD Beta on the 3 - hoping I get it soon for this aging S.

Reactions: Durwood101