Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the FSD beta download and got to test it out.

To people who get the invite and can’t figure out why it won’t work. You need to activate it in the menu under autopilot. There are a couple confirmation checks that you have to confirm. Including the self visuals which is trippy as hell.

I am loving the FSD beta but noticing there is a lot more stop and go with my car. It does some phantom braking.

I have a late 2016 model S with purchased fsd located in Toronto, Canada. The computer, mcu and cameras have all the upgraded to the latest. Cameras were upgraded in early November. With a 99 safety score and over 400 kms driven with and without autopilot, I am still waiting for Tesla to push the fsd beta. Has any one with a similar model / upgrades actually gotten the fsd beta downloaded?

I have a late 2016 model S with purchased fsd located in Toronto, Canada. The computer, mcu and cameras have all the upgraded to the latest. Cameras were upgraded in early November. With a 99 safety score and over 400 kms driven with and without autopilot, I am still waiting for Tesla to push the fsd beta. Has any one with a similar model / upgrades actually gotten the fsd beta downloaded?
What software version is currently installed? If is is any flavor of 2022.40.nn, that is blocking you.

Do you mean for FSD purchasers on MCU1? Or for non FSD purchasers on MCU2? Or for non FSD purchasers on MCU1?
The former applies to me. Early adopter with a late 2016 model (FSD/MCU1). Been off the forums for a while but have been catching up recently. I also saw Elon’s tweet this week about FSD for everyone. It’s frustrating going into my 7th year with this car. I remember “3 months, maybe 6” in early 2017. I was kinda naive to all this back then. It all sounded good then lol.

1669390556723.png

Reactions: scarelli
All true. But it's no big surprise. Tesla clearly has abandoned their legacy base. From the refusal to honor the warranty on our yellow screens because we had the gall to drive our cars in daylight, to the deliberate SS fiasco not mentioning the need for new cameras putting hundreds through that nut drill knowing it was futile, to trickling out the camera upgrades for over a year.

Heck, they used to practically throw a ticker tape parade when you bought a car - I've had more attention from Toyota.

I admire you sticking to principle but I doubt MCU1 will ever see FSD, nor will Elon offer a free upgrade. It's a lot easier and more profitable in the short run to just ignore the issue. We have very little leverage. If legally challenged they could claim it's "under development", which means they think about how long it will be until folks back off. Truly a lose/lose for all parties.
I could completely understand that and if they didn’t release it to everyone but mcu1 customers. It’s damn near Discriminatory. Those releases fly in the face of that. Anyone with sense will see straight through that one!!

Reactions: KArnold
Tesla doesn't seem to be getting any better at doing these. My appointment was already moved twice due to not having parts ready. It was supposed to happen this morning but the technician just called and said they still didn't have one of the cameras. He then said he's going to have to close my ticket and create a new one?? WTF?
Finally got my cameras installed (successfully?) today. At least the 3 I can see on the Dashcam appear to be updated.

I have a 2017 MX with FSD purchased (back when I bought the vehicle), MCU1, HW3, and I can't even get access to the beta opt in that gives you a safety score and have not received an invitation to upgrade my cameras. So much for them supposedly paying for any required upgrades. 2022.8.10.6 is the most up to date software it will give me.

I have a 2017 MX with FSD purchased (back when I bought the vehicle), MCU1, HW3, and I can't even get access to the beta opt in that gives you a safety score and have not received an invitation to upgrade my cameras. So much for them supposedly paying for any required upgrades. 2022.8.10.6 is the most up to date software it will give me.
You will not get a camera upgrade invite (or the opt-in button of course) until you upgrade to MCU2.