Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD “Hidden” festure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Recently in one of my Facebook groups someone posted about this feature. I don’t think I’ve seen a manual entry/description of it, but I haven’t read it since 6 months ago so I’m not positive it’s not there.
It’s pretty self explanatory. Same behavior as forward/backward summon. The difference is that you don’t need your phone. Just park, wait 2 seconds then double tap the P button. You’ll be prompted with the screen below. It works when no driver/passengers are detected (haven’t tested back seats). It will stop for obstacles and it works with Homelink although it wasn’t consistent in closing the garage door. YMMV.

Haven’t seen this feature discussed here, so I’m just sharing because I’m sure it will be nice for someone just like it was for me!
B37CAD08-2F9D-4B4C-AC95-260F20B58CD6.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mark95476
It's been there since at least 2016 as we heard an owner said his car parked on its own (and crashed under a trailer) without his knowledge nor consent (Well, that's what "Double P" for: Consent!)

Also unrelated note, the reason it may have worked in 2016 especially on what looks like an AP1 car per the photo is because dumb summon itself uses a different computer that basically only talks to the parking sensors as input, so you don’t need any fancy AP hardware to execute this maneuver.

That is new to me, thanks for sharing! I hope they tackle that soon. Doesn't seem like the worst issue to deal with. Fairly common and the car has a great roll prevention mechanism.

In the current implementation, they limit torque probably to minimize any potential damage of running into something the sensors missed, thus the inability to deal with inclines. If they haven’t fixed it in years I doubt they would change it soon…

Thanks for sharing. I never knew about this feature. 👍

I do all of my parking by myself, but I'll give this a try. I drive with a hitch mounted bike rack and sometimes it sticks out a bit too far when I don't pull in enough.

Hey all,

Recently in one of my Facebook groups someone posted about this feature. I don’t think I’ve seen a manual entry/description of it, but I haven’t read it since 6 months ago so I’m not positive it’s not there.
It’s pretty self explanatory. Same behavior as forward/backward summon. The difference is that you don’t need your phone. Just park, wait 2 seconds then double tap the P button. You’ll be prompted with the screen below. It works when no driver/passengers are detected (haven’t tested back seats). It will stop for obstacles and it works with Homelink although it wasn’t consistent in closing the garage door. YMMV.

Haven’t seen this feature discussed here, so I’m just sharing because I’m sure it will be nice for someone just like it was for me!
View attachment 685160

Reactions: helvio