Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 10.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not having fun with the new version 10.2 of the FSD. It literally has taken the fun out of driving with it on.

While highway driving it wants to make lane changes every mile. It will want to go from the left lane. Then go back to the right lane in 30 sec after making the lane change. The automatic high beams will constantly flash people or won't shut off. This is causing me to flashed back or high beamed myself. When going into FSD driving while on in destination auto pilot. It will brighten the screen to 30% brightness. I have it preset to 9%. The second you take it off of Auto pilot. It will go back to the preset of 9%. Also when driving it constantly changes your manual setting for speed. When I was on the highway. I had the speed set to 62mph. But it wants to set it to 66mph. When on the interstate I had it set to 72. But wants to set to 66mph. Then will change to 78mph. It does all of this with me making no changes to the speed setting. It also is wondering left and right while driving down a straight road with good lines on the road. While in town FSD. It will stop at the stop signs and stop lights well. But when turning from a stop. It will launch and by the time the car is straight from the turn. There has been a couple of times its over 30mph. It will make you feel a little uncomfortable at that speed. But the worst thing that has happened. We were driving home tonight. The maps was going to take us home a different way than usual. I was not watching the map or directions of the route home. It tried to take the 90deg corner at 60mph. I was glad that I was paying attention to the turn signal that the FSD automatically turned on. There would be no way that we could have made the corner. Please be very careful. But there needs to be a update to address these issues.

Hell its even messed up my saved setting on my seat!

• Informative
Reactions: Rusty1
I am not having fun with the new version 10.2 of the FSD. It literally has taken the fun out of driving with it on.

While highway driving it wants to make lane changes every mile. It will want to go from the left lane. Then go back to the right lane in 30 sec after making the lane change. The automatic high beams will constantly flash people or won't shut off. This is causing me to flashed back or high beamed myself. When going into FSD driving while on in destination auto pilot. It will brighten the screen to 30% brightness. I have it preset to 9%. The second you take it off of Auto pilot. It will go back to the preset of 9%. Also when driving it constantly changes your manual setting for speed. When I was on the highway. I had the speed set to 62mph. But it wants to set it to 66mph. When on the interstate I had it set to 72. But wants to set to 66mph. Then will change to 78mph. It does all of this with me making no changes to the speed setting. It also is wondering left and right while driving down a straight road with good lines on the road. While in town FSD. It will stop at the stop signs and stop lights well. But when turning from a stop. It will launch and by the time the car is straight from the turn. There has been a couple of times its over 30mph. It will make you feel a little uncomfortable at that speed. But the worst thing that has happened. We were driving home tonight. The maps was going to take us home a different way than usual. I was not watching the map or directions of the route home. It tried to take the 90deg corner at 60mph. I was glad that I was paying attention to the turn signal that the FSD automatically turned on. There would be no way that we could have made the corner. Please be very careful. But there needs to be a update to address these issues.

Document and file a bunch of reports...

To my knowledge, highway driving hasn't changed with FSD Beta (other than perhaps moving to pure vision vs. lidar, depending on what you're driving). When I'm on the highway, the visualizations are the old ones; when I exit, it turns back into the FSD Beta visualization. So I'm really not sure what to make of what you're seeing there.

Otherwise, after one week of use I've gotta say - the more I use it in city streets, the more I love it. It's far from perfect and you absolutely need to be on alert because it tries to do dumb things here and there and is a bit jerky, but I'm learning its quirks and have gotten more comfortable with it. I'm more than happy to help train the system and am super excited to see where it goes from here!

FSD 10.2 has been released? You'd think that there would have been a thread on that subject.
Edit: I found one with similar content - Wiki - MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences - starting on Friday, October 8th, 2021

Last edited:
To my knowledge, highway driving hasn't changed with FSD Beta (other than perhaps moving to pure vision vs. lidar, depending on what you're driving). When I'm on the highway, the visualizations are the old ones; when I exit, it turns back into the FSD Beta visualization. So I'm really not sure what to make of what you're seeing there.

Otherwise, after one week of use I've gotta say - the more I use it in city streets, the more I love it. It's far from perfect and you absolutely need to be on alert because it tries to do dumb things here and there and is a bit jerky, but I'm learning its quirks and have gotten more comfortable with it. I'm more than happy to help train the system and am super excited to see where it goes from here!
You are correct. Once I get on the interstate. It definitely changes back to the old FSD screen. But it makes lane changes for no reason and also the required auto brights seem to still not work correctly. Like they flash people or keep the brights on the entire time as you pass people head on.

You are correct. Once I get on the interstate. It definitely changes back to the old FSD screen. But it makes lane changes for no reason and also the required auto brights seem to still not work correctly. Like they flash people or keep the brights on the entire time as you pass people head on.
Regular Navigate on Autopilot wants to make unnecessary or incorrect lane changes too, which is why I’ve never disabled lane change confirmations.

Fred, if you're afraid you'll have to overlook it,
Besides you knew the job was dangerous when you took it (puk ack!)

source: Super Chicken Lyrics - Theme Song Lyrics