Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 10.69.3.1 Problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed latest version 2 days ago after great anticipation on my M3. While I notice improvements in lane finding and other areas, it has startled me with several unexpected and somewhat dangerous actions:

1. In light rain, FSD inched out into intersection for an unprotected left turn until it 1/2 blocked the near lane. There was approaching traffic from the right. An approaching car from the right slowed to make a left turn into my road, and FSD started to accelerate just when the car was cutting in front of me so I had to brake hard.

2. FSD on local road attempted to turn left unexpectedly and go off route. The route on the screen clearly showed it should have gone straight.

3. FSD turned right 50 feet too early into a street when approaching a right hand jughandle turn. It should have passed that street and turned later. The correct route was clearly shown on the screen and it did not follow that route.

I was pleased to have the car slow for emergency vehicles at night on an Interstate highway, but later fail to notice or slow when passing an emergency vehicle (with flashing lights) on a local road during daylight.

I’m still concerned by the number of times the car uses turn signals when the road bends, by it’s drifting to outside of lanes on tighter bends (particularly right hand).

The software noticeably improves with each iteration, but this is frequently “2 steps forward, 1 step back” as is the case here IMHO.
I’m a bit concerned about opening availability of this software too soon to wide usage.

Completely agree with your comments. I feel like each new version is better in some ways, but also makes mistakes “more confidently.” The turn signal thing is driving me nuts and making me look drunk on the road.