Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 10.69 Requires Better Data Connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Without map data/connectivity, FSD does not seem to work so well.

From Tesla:
"Added a new “deep lane guidance” module to the Vector Lanes neural network which fuses features extracted from the video streams with coarse map data, i.e. lane counts and lane connectivities. This architecture achieves a 44% lower error rate on lane topology compared to the previous model, enabling smoother control before lanes and their connectivities becomes visually apparent. This provides a way to make every Autopilot drive as good as someone driving their own commute, yet in a sufficiently general way that adapts for road changes."

I'm thinking Elon is creating this Starlink feature just to ensure that FSD continues to work well after 10.69.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Without map data/connectivity, FSD does not seem to work so well.

From Tesla:
"Added a new “deep lane guidance” module to the Vector Lanes neural network which fuses features extracted from the video streams with coarse map data, i.e. lane counts and lane connectivities. This architecture achieves a 44% lower error rate on lane topology compared to the previous model, enabling smoother control before lanes and their connectivities becomes visually apparent. This provides a way to make every Autopilot drive as good as someone driving their own commute, yet in a sufficiently general way that adapts for road changes."

I'm thinking Elon is creating this Starlink feature just to ensure that FSD continues to work well after 10.69.
"In the past, Musk has suggested that the connectivity will be less than 4 megabits per second, which might be good for voice calls and text messages but it would not support video calls."

Dont think thats enough pipe for such an ask.

Reactions: NoGasNoBrakes