Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 10.8.1 Resets Suspensions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoa guys... FSD Beta 10.8.1 release notes!!

"The update also resets FSD beta for those that were suspended. “We have reset the ‘Forced Autopilot Disengagements’ counter on your vehicle to 0,” explains Tesla. Those on FSD beta are tracked using Tesla’s Safety Score and improper usage means suspension from the program, if five occurrences of ‘Forced Autopilot Disengagements’ occur."

Whoa guys... FSD Beta 10.8.1 release notes!!

...Those on FSD beta are tracked using Tesla’s Safety Score...
The release note does not say the suspension is based on Safety Score. It is based on Forced Autopilot Disengagement. Forced Autopilot Disengagement is based on audio and visual warnings.

FIhDU2SXMAEoeVh

Reactions: K5TRX
No one is suspended based on the score, it’s on too many AP ‘ignores’ or ‘not paying attention’ according to the in-cabin camera or because the camera can’t see your eyes because you have a hat on. It was too sensitive on several releases and either locked people out or gave them two strikes.

The assumption is that the algorithm has been tuned and 10.8.1 is resetting strikes to start over (and give you five now, not only three).

• Helpful
Reactions: T-Mom
Anyone know when your autopilot counter is reset? I believe I have 2 now for pushing on accelerator while in autopilot. SMH!! I am on the new software 44.30.10 as of yesterday. My counter was reset on the previous version I guess from the updates on that version which is much more precise on watching the drivers attentiveness.

Anyone know when your autopilot counter is reset? I believe I have 2 now for pushing on accelerator while in autopilot. SMH!! I am on the new software 44.30.10 as of yesterday. My counter was reset on the previous version I guess from the updates on that version which is much more precise on watching the drivers attentiveness.
Check the Autopilot tab to see your count. I’m also on 10.9 and accidentally pushed beyond 80mph limit while using FSDb today. AP was disabled for the remainder of the trip, but my strike count is still zero.

Oh really?! Let me check mine then. I did not know the counter is there for us to review.
Check the Autopilot tab to see your count. I’m also on 10.9 and accidentally pushed beyond 80mph limit while using FSDb today. AP was disabled for the remainder of the trip, but my strike count is still zero.
Just checked, and I’m at zero. I guess accelerating in fsd autopilot does not count against you?